Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-04-2005, 02:06 PM
Elite Fan

I agree, somewhat.

I've always said that NBC has done a poor job advertising American Dreams. You know, sometimes, even the small things work. Like previews. Seriously, how often do you see a preview for American Dreams? The only time I'll see one is before each episode an hour early, or after each episode. That's it.

You don't have to write them, if you don't want to...but each letter would help. Even if you don't think it would be useful, maybe at least mention what you had earlier...Suggestions can work too.

Join the John Mayer campaign!
Old 02-04-2005, 08:41 PM
Passionate Fan

The reason why I said I wouldn't send them what I wrote was it is way too antagonistic to be a positive letter in terms of a renewal campaign. NBC doesn't want to know how they made mistakes, they just want to know people enjoy the show. I just meant I wouldn't be sending that post, even though I firmly believe everything I wrote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by **SuperGirl**
I agree, somewhat.

I've always said that NBC has done a poor job advertising American Dreams. You know, sometimes, even the small things work. Like previews. Seriously, how often do you see a preview for American Dreams? The only time I'll see one is before each episode an hour early, or after each episode. That's it.

You don't have to write them, if you don't want to...but each letter would help. Even if you don't think it would be useful, maybe at least mention what you had earlier...Suggestions can work too.
Old 02-04-2005, 09:52 PM
Passionate Fan

I'm going to put my 2 cents worth in now... not only because I MEMORIZED american Dreams. wanted to meet every cast memeber (which I have done with 3 members) Theres something in the show that makes it stick. Yes its odd they always promote the musical guest but honestly thats a BIG part of the show. people WATCHEd when Hilary Duff was on, Michelle Branch. I met Stacie Orrico and they (brittany and Vanessa)had so much fun dancing and singing with her.

No one wants to have this show stay more than me. Because to me its more than a show. its Meg Pryor watching the television screen wanted only to be on bandstand, patty labeling the tv, The awesome transition from Meg and Luke to Roxanne and Luke, the war, HOW MY MOTHER ALMOST CRIED WHEN THE MONKEES WERE REDONE WITH THE WORDS 'I REMEMBER LIKING THEM!", being able to watch the show and not feel like u can't talk to anyone of all ages about it, Knowing your parents were there or your grandparents, seeing old commericals,wanting to be Meg and Roxannes friends and go down the shore every summer for 2 weeks. Getting excited when the Beatles are on Ed Sullivan. Believing that Will would someday run track or play football just like JJ even with Polio. Being there for everything. NO OTHER SHOW ON EARTH could do what American Dreams has done it made people BELIEVE that dreams do come true, Meg gets on Bandstand, JJ comes home from war and Will WALKS without a brace.

Its the laughter, the tears, the wonder, the converstation that goes on for hours.

This isn't to pick a fight Its just how I feel and what I will be writting to Oprah. I just want u to know you may not think postcards matter but they do. I plan on sending a lot heck for 25 cents why not. I plan on bugging oprah and ellen. may be some more talk show host and the ford company etc.

may be its not to late. may be on your posts cards write I love American Dreams but theres never any commericals on. hey that might get them going
I made a T shirt that says Are you dreaming on the front and then the back says I know I am every sunday 7 central NBC

American Dreams start a revloution and go back to 1963-1966

ya its a lot but people read homemade shirts. make it catcy I put fun stuff on it like iron on flowers and a american flag butterfly.

well anyway PLEASE check out and write in the guestbook wwww.save-americandreams.com

please spread the word on it

mandy

Jim: Hmmm, I'd say 1 in 6.
Pam: What?
Jim: Oh, I thought you asked me what our chances were in being murdered here tonight.

Last edited by JustLikePamBeesly; 02-04-2005 at 09:57 PM
Old 02-04-2005, 10:37 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just like Patty Pryor
I'm going to put my 2 cents worth in now... not only because I MEMORIZED american Dreams. wanted to meet every cast memeber (which I have done with 3 members) Theres something in the show that makes it stick. Yes its odd they always promote the musical guest but honestly thats a BIG part of the show. people WATCHEd when Hilary Duff was on, Michelle Branch. I met Stacie Orrico and they (brittany and Vanessa)had so much fun dancing and singing with her.

No one wants to have this show stay more than me. Because to me its more than a show. its Meg Pryor watching the television screen wanted only to be on bandstand, patty labeling the tv, The awesome transition from Meg and Luke to Roxanne and Luke, the war, HOW MY MOTHER ALMOST CRIED WHEN THE MONKEES WERE REDONE WITH THE WORDS 'I REMEMBER LIKING THEM!", being able to watch the show and not feel like u can't talk to anyone of all ages about it, Knowing your parents were there or your grandparents, seeing old commericals,wanting to be Meg and Roxannes friends and go down the shore every summer for 2 weeks. Getting excited when the Beatles are on Ed Sullivan. Believing that Will would someday run track or play football just like JJ even with Polio. Being there for everything. NO OTHER SHOW ON EARTH could do what American Dreams has done it made people BELIEVE that dreams do come true, Meg gets on Bandstand, JJ comes home from war and Will WALKS without a brace.

Its the laughter, the tears, the wonder, the converstation that goes on for hours.

This isn't to pick a fight Its just how I feel and what I will be writting to Oprah. I just want u to know you may not think postcards matter but they do. I plan on sending a lot heck for 25 cents why not. I plan on bugging oprah and ellen. may be some more talk show host and the ford company etc.

may be its not to late. may be on your posts cards write I love American Dreams but theres never any commericals on. hey that might get them going
I made a T shirt that says Are you dreaming on the front and then the back says I know I am every sunday 7 central NBC

American Dreams start a revloution and go back to 1963-1966

ya its a lot but people read homemade shirts. make it catcy I put fun stuff on it like iron on flowers and a american flag butterfly.

well anyway PLEASE check out and write in the guestbook wwww.save-americandreams.com

please spread the word on it

mandy
I think people are taking my posts ALL WRONG. I never said I wouldn't write postcards to NBC. I just said I wouldn't write them about their LACK OF PROMOTION because the key in writing postcards is being complimentary to the network and the show.

I, do however, still believe it is entirely NBC's fault for American Dreams lack of success (and I love the show). It would be a very stupid move for me to tell NBC that as it won't help the campaign at all, but they shouldn't be surprised a show doesn't do well when they don't support it themselves. Again, I LOVE the show and I want it to come back.

Have I clarified my point at all?
Old 02-05-2005, 01:08 PM
Loyal Fan

Here's what I picked up at TV Tome:

Quote:
The Peacock has officially cut the show's third season to 17 episodes, two short of its expected 19-episode run. Also as expected, "Dreams" will sit out the February sweeps period, returning for its final four installments in March. "Dreams" creator Jonathan Prince reportedly planned for the show's 17th episode this season to serve as a cliffhanger leading into a two-part finale. It's not clear though if any adjustments will be made in light of the episode rollback. Through its 13 airings this season, "Dreams" has averaged a modest 7.53 million viewers, down 12.65% from the same stretch last season (8.62 million). And when compared with its freshman season after 13 episodes, "Dreams" is off a significant 33.13% (11.26 million). No decision however has been made about the show's future and it's likely a final verdict won't be announced until May when NBC announces its fall 2005 schedule.
I too, plan to write Postcards to have my say about the show. I like it and it's very rare to have a good family show on TV anymore.
Old 02-07-2005, 09:27 PM
Passionate Fan

from Reuters

Quote:
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - NBC and the WB Network have made a few changes to their midseason primetime lineups.

NBC is moving Sunday stalwart "American Dreams" to Wednesdays, beginning March 9. The marks the first time the 1960s family drama has shifted in its three-year history. The last four of the 17 episodes NBC ordered this season will air in that time slot.

That means the regular time slot for the Mark Burnett reality series "The Contender" is on the move yet again, replacing "Dreams" at 8 p.m. Sundays beginning March 13. The series has been bounced around the schedule several times, previously occupying the anchor slots on Tuesday and Wednesday.
http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.j...toryID=7562714
Old 02-08-2005, 11:43 AM
Elite Fan

I understand what you're saying now and where you're coming from, and I completely understand.

Every little bit helps, even if you think it isn't much...It adds up.

Also, if you guys can go to this thread here regarding the American Dreams board. We're in danger of losing it, so if you guys could all go there and respond, that would be great. Thanks so much.

Old 02-08-2005, 05:08 PM
Obsessed Fan

Oh yea, pit it against Lost. That will surely increase the ratings.

ETA: Here's another tidbit about the move.
Quote:
Source: TVGuide.Com
CHANGE IS GOOD: NBC isn't putting American Dreams to bed without a fight. The struggling drama — which is being benched during February sweeps — will move to Wednesdays at 8 pm/ET opposite ABC's Lost beginning March 9. (For more on Dreams' future, check out tomorrow's Insider Q&A with exec producer Jonathan Prince.)

Watch Veronica Mars, Wednesdays at 9 pm est on UPN.
Old 02-08-2005, 09:35 PM
Passionate Fan

I'm sorry I havent been on much. I'm VERY sad and hurt by all of this... I wasn't trying to be rude I was just saying how I FELT about the show . There was never anything I was trying to say AGAINST you OptimisticCynic. I'm sorry u feel that way.

I'm hurt by lack of people signing my guestbook on www.save-americandreams.com. I'm sad because people have lied to me. I'm just sad in general. I HATE THIS!!!!!! I don't ever want to check my e-mail or nothning cuz its always bad news. No one gets how I feel. I know everyones hurt.

I'm just going to shut up an jsut say no one gets me. I'm probably not coming back to this darn internet or TV

I'm sorry I'm very upset and well honestly noone online chats with me really about the show so i feel VERY alone right now

mandy

Jim: Oh, I thought you asked me what our chances were in being murdered here tonight.
Old 02-08-2005, 09:49 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I'm sorry I havent been on much. I'm VERY sad and hurt by all of this... I wasn't trying to be rude I was just saying how I FELT about the show . There was never anything I was trying to say AGAINST you OptimisticCynic. I'm sorry u feel that way.

I'm hurt by lack of people signing my guestbook on www.save-americandreams.com. I'm sad because people have lied to me. I'm just sad in general. I HATE THIS!!!!!! I don't ever want to check my e-mail or nothning cuz its always bad news. No one gets how I feel. I know everyones hurt.

I'm just going to shut up an jsut say no one gets me. I'm probably not coming back to this darn internet or TV

I'm sorry I'm very upset and well honestly noone online chats with me really about the show so i feel VERY alone right now

mandy
I'm very sorry you're feeling so upset and alone. =( I'm very new to the boards so I don't know everything you're referring to, but let me just say this:

I'll try hard and get all my friends who are fans to try hard to save the show. Don't give up...sometimes these kind of campaigns DO work, as long as you show the network how many fans there are, how devoted you are, and how great the show is. I have faith. =)
Old 02-09-2005, 12:53 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulgarbage
Oh yea, pit it against Lost. That will surely increase the ratings.
Not just Lost. Now it'll also be up against American Idol. For a minute I was thinking about how good of an idea changing the night would be, and that more viewers would turn in, but now I realize that it's a horrible idea. Putting it up against two of the highest rated (and my favorite) shows.

It just sucks, and now I'm really worried about the fate of AD.
Old 02-12-2005, 07:20 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadorexme
I'm very sorry you're feeling so upset and alone. =( I'm very new to the boards so I don't know everything you're referring to, but let me just say this:

I'll try hard and get all my friends who are fans to try hard to save the show. Don't give up...sometimes these kind of campaigns DO work, as long as you show the network how many fans there are, how devoted you are, and how great the show is. I have faith. =)

Thanks so much!

I know we have to keep trying even if now its on wednesdays

I'm telling you all make a sweater t shirt anything inform the public I wish oprah and ellen would care enough right now to get the cast on ASAP

mandy

Old 02-13-2005, 03:37 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Thanks so much!

I know we have to keep trying even if now its on wednesdays

I'm telling you all make a sweater t shirt anything inform the public I wish oprah and ellen would care enough right now to get the cast on ASAP

mandy
your welcome!

& i can't speak for everyone, but wednesday's actually a better night for tv. I'm always rushing around on Sunday nights cause it's the end of the weekend, that alot of times I don't even realize what time it is & end up missing 15 minutes of the show or so. but during the week I'm more with it

UGHH! I wish that someone would give me a nielsen box soo bad!!
Old 02-15-2005, 01:44 PM
Elite Fan

I thought that Sunday night was a good night for the show. There's not a whole lot on...Maybe if they moved the show to a different network. I'd hate to say it, but it might get more attention if it were on the WB, or Fox.

Old 02-15-2005, 02:37 PM
Loyal Fan

Found this at TV Tome:

Quote:
Paris Hilton will fill out Barbara Eden's harem pants when she guests on "American Dreams" as the "I Dream of Jeannie" star. The episode airs March 16 at 8 p.m. on NBC.