Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2003, 12:42 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by JulieB:
<STRONG>Ok, I've been spending alot of time in the N/H thread but couldn't stand to see Craig's thread on the second page any longer LOL!

I'm loving Keith and Karen's scenes more each week and Keith continually keeps being so grounded in his support of her and Lucas. Really happy to see that he takes no crap off Dan or Nathan.

On another note someone started a thread about Craig's resemblence to David Boreanaz. And I've thought that for years! In fact when I first saw David on Buffy years ago, I thought wow, he looks like Craig Sheffer lol. And while surfing the net a couple of years ago for info on Craig, I even came across this article that mentions it as well. They also throw Josh Brolin in the mix. http://www.fametracker.com/2_stars_1...boreanaz.shtml
It's pretty cute and kind of fitting that these two should actually end up on the same network a day apart.

[ 10-19-2003: Message edited JulieB ]</STRONG>
reposting my post here from awhile back because of the Craig/David talk. And again, I think it's awesome that these 2 ended up on the same network.
Old 11-18-2003, 12:54 AM
Addicted Fan

LOL, yeah. I've also noticed several film reviews that make the comparison between them. Usually calling Sheffer the less 'charismatic' of the two though, so blah at them. Heh.

But I can't really say I've seen Boreanaz act much though, since I was never a Buffy watcher...so I can't really make a fair comparison.

Eh, being unbiased is overrated anyway, no? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2003, 07:13 AM
Master Fan

Crystal, I like David, but when it comes to acting, he can't hold a candle to Craig. And I can honestly say bias doesn't even in to it for me lol.

I meant to say too, lovely wallpaper from a River Runs Through It. I have to say it kind of irked me too that Brad Pitt got all of the attention from this one, when clearly it was Craig's movie.
Old 11-18-2003, 07:17 AM
Extreme Fan

Crystal - Lovely fanarts. From which movie is the second one?

To be honest, the resemblance between Craig and David freaks me out because they are so not alike.

Anyway, I'm on a Craig kick, and since I've never seen any of his movies (I know, is that like a crime or something?), any recommendations?

Si nous n'étions pas d'ici
Nous serions l'infini
Old 11-18-2003, 07:47 AM
Addicted Fan

JulieB - I know! That was so Craig's movie. When they fight in the kitchen and that tear rolls down his cheek that he quickly wipes away gets me every freakin' time, lol.

* espoir * - The second one is from Turbulence II...which is much better than Tubulence III, in which he plays a completely different character, lmfao.

Hmmm...movies...well, you can never go wrong with A River Runs Through It and I'm partial to The Program as well. Heh. I can't wait for my DVD of that to get here, all I have is VHS so it makes for not so good capping, lol. Ohhh, and Some Kind of Wonderful is one of those classic 80's movies that everyone should see, lol. "It's Hardy Jenns...with TWO n's!" Heh.

Ah, and I was gonna mention this too but kept forgetting...I know some people have mentioned that Keith's bandana wearing and pants tucked into the boots thing is goofy, lmfao, and OTH is actually the third project I can remember him doing that.

Well, I can't remember if the pants/boots thing was in The Program too or not, but I know the bandana sure was...and they both were in TIII. So maybe it's a little bit of a Craig thing instead, lmfao.

Here's him in TIII (although you can't see the boots in the cap, lmfao):

Heh.
Old 11-18-2003, 07:55 AM
Master Fan

espoir, I can give you a run down of some of the ones I love. (Imdb would also be a good place to check out)

I'm really dating myself here but Craig is an old crush of mine. And even though I'm very much into the N/H ship right now, he's clearly one of the reasons I tuned into OTH in the first place and I love what he's done with the character of Keith.

Some of these movies you might have already seen and just didn't realize that Craig was in them.

Fire with Fire, some people think it's pure cheese and maybe it is, but this is my favorite Craig movie of all time, kind of a guilty pleasure for me. It's sort of a take on Romeo and Juliet. Craig plays Joe, a deliquent at a boys prison camp who falls in love with Virginia Madson's Lisa, a student a Catholic school. I just love their chemistry in this.

Some Kind of Wonderful. Craig plays an arrogant jock type Hardy. Pretty evil in this one, but pretty cute nonetheless [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

A River River Runs through It- Norman Maclean's autobiographical tale with Craig in the lead. Beautiful film. Probably Craig's best work.

Babycakes- another completely cheesy romance that I love to pieces LOL! Craig plays Rob a conductor on the subway that Ricki Lake falls in love with.

And if you like horror, there's Nightbread, as far as horror films go, it's pretty intelligent.

There's so many more,like Instant Karma, Bliss, and many other movies that have went to cable or straight to video. He has an extensive list. But those 4 are definitely my faves [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2003, 07:59 AM
Master Fan

Crystal, I didn't even know you had posted! I forgot about the Program!! OMG, and now that you mention that one, there was a boxing one to that I can't remember...his brother had died or something. That was really good.

As for the bandana thing, he might have done that in Fire with Fire and I didn't even realize he had done that more than once.

Edited to say no, he didn't do the bandana thing in that and the reason I'm confused is because I haven't seen either Turbulence films, are they any good?

Also, a pic of Craig and Virginia from Fire with Fire

[ 11-18-2003: Message edited JulieB ]
Old 11-18-2003, 08:07 AM
Addicted Fan

I don't think I've seen Fire With Fire, at least I can't remember it, so I really need to track a copy of that down.

Tuburlence II is alright, and III is just plain bad, lmfao. In III he's a hacker, and it is set around a metal band playing on a plane for a live webcast (yeah, I know, lmfao) so he's behind a computer during the whole thing so he isn't actually on the plane like in the first one where he plays sort of a bumbling, afraid to be flying, man. A much more endearing character, lol.

Also, for him in a different type of role, Dracula II is good to see range. Not my favorite movie by any means, but he's in a wheelchair throughout most of it.
Old 11-18-2003, 08:16 AM
Master Fan

I'm going to have check those out and I've been wanting Fire with Fire for so long on dvd. I have a really horrible recording from years ago that's not very good at all. But I just can't seem to get rid of it. Every now and then it'll show up on cable.
Old 11-18-2003, 08:28 AM
Addicted Fan

Hmmm, I can't even seem to find a listing for Fire With Fire on DVD...just VHS. And that seems to be OOP. Looks like finding that might have to be an eBay project, lol.
Old 11-18-2003, 12:38 PM
Master Fan

I know, and the VHS new is like $80 because it's so rare. I know Amazon has it used but I would rather just keep my crappy copy and wait for it to finally come out on dvd (if ever).
Old 11-18-2003, 03:02 PM
Addicted Fan

Yeah, I hate when things I want are OOP. It really, really sucks, lol.

Today, however, was a good day...I was at the video/bookstore and ended up coming out of there with 6 Sheffer films, lmfao. All under $10 too. Yay!

The Program DVD was finally in stock, and only $6, so I was able to take it off the order of stuff I'm waiting to be shipped to me, whenever it all comes in or whatever is taking so long to get it in the mail, lol.
Old 11-18-2003, 03:09 PM
Master Fan

Very cool! And I noticed you said you had Babycakes on backorder or something? When it arrives, please, please post some caps!
Old 11-18-2003, 03:31 PM
Addicted Fan

Yep, it's one of them on the order that they've yet to ship, grrrr...and I will for sure post caps when I get it! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Heh, I'm watching Fire on the Amazon right now...and there was a scene with a bandana, rotflmfao. Not worn the same way, but he had one on nonetheless. Too freakin' funny.

ETA:

LMFAO, they just showed his feet...and there it was, pants tucked into boots. It can't just be a coincidence that so many characters he's played have done these two things, lol.

[ 11-18-2003: Message edited Imogen2001 ]
Old 11-18-2003, 03:56 PM
Master Fan

Well, you will laugh if you ever see Fire with Fire then. Because I could swear he has the jeans tucked into his boots LOL!! At least in a few scenes. I know he wears sneakers too. But I seem to really remember him wearing some boots at the camp and I'm almost sure his jeans are tucked into them. I'll have to take a look today. It's been awhile since I've seen it.

Wow, I really didn't know it was a signature thing with him.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread