Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2004, 02:28 PM
New Fan

Soft Dive of Oblivion - I agree with all you said. If what it looks like is gonna happen, happens, next week.. I'll never forgive him. And he doesn't deserve her.

JakesBabyGurl - Yes!! That's like one of the Buffy lines I'll always remember. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Giles and his dry humor..

Oy, with the poodles already!
spunky princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 06:57 PM
Master Fan

Soft Dive of Oblivion, I agree with a lot of what you said. I don't think Lucas and Peyton should be spending time together. I actually like their friendship scenes together, because it's cool if they like the same things, to hang out. That's fine. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
I'm not a fan of Lucas and Brooke at all, but I'm hoping Lucas is faithful to her. He chose her, after all. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
I do think Jake and Peyton go well together. I think they're both in the same league, and they're mature enough to be around each other. Besides, I can see them being more responsible with each other's feelings, too. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
i got stuck on the side you know i never chose
but it's all about taking the easy way out for you i suppose
*Shannon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 08:50 PM
Dedicated Fan

I just think Lucas cheating on Brooke with Peyton is way out of character for him. What happened to all his righteousness?

Thanks for the agreement. Whether or not you like Brooke and Lucas is a moot point - but I just don't see Lucas and Peyton going anywhere besides Boredom City.

extralucid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 02:24 AM
Part-Time Fan

wow we learned so much about peyton in this episode. now i understand the whole web cam thing and why she's a cheerleader.

edited to say that i think it's okay that the writers are showing lucas' bad side. he never seemed to do anything wrong. so it was kinda refreshing to see him less perfect.

[ 01-30-2004: Message edited swab ]
dorqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 08:21 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by swab:
<STRONG>edited to say that i think it's okay that the writers are showing lucas' bad side. he never seemed to do anything wrong. so it was kinda refreshing to see him less perfect.</STRONG>
I'm glad that we get to see that Lucas isn't the most perfect boy ever, but I wish he and the rest of the characters would see it too.

[ 01-30-2004: Message edited beautifulgarbage ]

Watch Veronica Mars, Wednesdays at 9 pm est on UPN.
beautifulgarbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 04:06 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by swab:
<STRONG>wow we learned so much about peyton in this episode. now i understand the whole web cam thing and why she's a cheerleader.

[ 01-30-2004: Message edited swab ]</STRONG>
Yeah, I really like how they're bringing out more and more about Peyton's life. Seems like the more her character is developed, the more I like her.

Oy, with the poodles already!
spunky princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 05:11 PM
Master Fan

I have to admit that I'm not happy about Lucas cheating on Brooke, the boy should grow up and just choose which girl he wants already!

I was looking at the scene when Nathan is cleaning out his locker and Whitey looks all sad. I had this thought, maybe Whitey feels like he failed Nathan in some way. I think Whitey feels like the team is kind of like family to him and he feels like he let down Nathan in some way. Its like that line he said a few episodes ago, "I'll forfit the game, before I lose a boy to that."
Old 01-30-2004, 06:16 PM
Passionate Fan

cherrios: That's a really good observation! I hadn't thought about it, but you're probably right. Whitey sees the boys as his family & he might feel responsible for Nathan's situation, at least partly.

:-)
Old 01-30-2004, 08:21 PM
Part-Time Fan

i know this is not the case all the time, but lucas isdan's son afterall. he's got his genes. lol
dorqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 11:53 AM
Extreme Fan

So, this episode was ok...not my favorite, and yet not the lowest of the low. I definitely enjoy the Brooke/Lucas relationship. I think it works because she is who she is: fun, confident, and sexy, while Luke learns to let go a little and enjoy life. That being said I think its pretty shady of him to reassure her that he likes her and in the next episode does whatever he does with Peyton. But I don't want to talk about that just yet because I'm sure the previews are misleading and I don't want to dive head first into assumptions. I thought the scenes where Brooke was insecure were played very well, especially when she said that he was the first boy she ever really cared about. Sophia Bush gets so much credit from me.

I thought the Nathan/Haley scenes were a little abreviated. I knew all of what was going to happen with them just from the previews. The part at the beach was adorable...I do enjoy drunk Haley. The best part was obviously her throwing up on Dan because, come on, he most definitely deserved it. And it was great to hear that Nathan likes her for who she is and how she doesn't have to change to be with him. [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]

It was nice to see interaction with Peyton and her dad. When Lucas came in with the rake at the beginning I laughed so hard I almost fell off of my bed. Its nice to see where some of this girls issues stem from, rather than just being like, 'Meh. I'm mopey and broody and my life sucks.' We get some further explanation which was good. I do like Peyton and Lucas as friends , but nothing else.

The Jake scenes were wonderful as always, although, when he gave Jenny the keys to quiet her down at the end I was like, "I don't care what Peyton did, thats dirty metal that you're giving her to stick in her mouth!" Not the brightest move Jake (and Peyton!)

I saw the last scene at the basketball court as Nathan just saying 'Hey man, I'm done. You have fun with my life now, because I can't take it anymore.' I thought it was very bittersweet.

THat's all for now...thanks for listening to my two cents [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

ETA: This is by far my favorite Haley moment:

LUCAS: What happened to you?
HALEY: Nice to see you too.
LUCAS: Yeah, I missed you in sixth period.
HALEY: Yeah, I kinda, skipped. [Lucas gives her a shocked look.] You can get your jaw off the floor now.
LUCAS: He's got you skipping school?
HALEY: Lucas, talk to me when you get your tattoo removed.

Hee!

[ 01-31-2004: Message edited HisGirlFriday ]

It has been said that we need just three things in life: Something to do, something to look forward to, and someone to love.

H.S. + N.S.
And it needs you too much now <3

HisGirlFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 03:58 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by HisGirlFriday:
<STRONG>ETA: This is by far my favorite Haley moment:

LUCAS: What happened to you?
HALEY: Nice to see you too.
LUCAS: Yeah, I missed you in sixth period.
HALEY: Yeah, I kinda, skipped. [Lucas gives her a shocked look.] You can get your jaw off the floor now.
LUCAS: He's got you skipping school?
HALEY: Lucas, talk to me when you get your tattoo removed.

Hee!

[ 01-31-2004: Message edited HisGirlFriday ]</STRONG>
I cracked up during that moment! It was hilarious.

extralucid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 09:55 AM
New Fan

hey all, im bak lol...(in case u did notice i was gone lol)... lets see... like most of u, i am loving Jake..its great to see some more of him. I like peyton and lucas as friends. and i dont like brooke and lucas as bf/gf..idk i just think she brings out a bad side of him. but hey, its different. i def. want more nathan/haley scenes lol [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] they are adorable together...might be a dumb question, but whens karen comin' bak?

emu*chicky

.theres just [too] much that time cannot [erase].

"if they made a CMM wax figure i'd def. try and steal him" - me
"ilu nicole"- laura
haha lmao &lt;3
emu*chicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 10:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by *^*Laur*^* (View Post)
I wouldn't exactly say they got along last night though..

Nathan kinda chewed Lucas out when he was trying to be nice to him earlier in the day. He said something like "Just because I'm going out with Haley doesn't mean you have to be nice to me." And then when Haley showed up he said something about the nice guy act was getting old.

Lots of people are saying that the last scene between them at the court was nice but I thought it was kind of a bitch slap towards Lucas. Nathan showed up and told Lucas he was leaving the team, and I think he only did it to be like "There, you happy now? You want my world, you got it." You know? I don't think it was meant for Nathan to be nice to Lucas, but that's just me I guess.
i know i'm like four years too late on this post

but i have to disagree. lucas wanted to be the star of the team, he wanted to be with peyton. and that was nathan's world. he had peyton sawyer as a girlfriend and he was the star of the team. so in a way, nathan was just saying this is your world, i'm out of it. i don't find it as Nate trying to be mean, I find it as the first time Nathan wasn't a total jackass to Lucas on the rivercourt.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
break the window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 08:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

oops wrong place

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)

Last edited by naturellebella; 08-21-2008 at 08:46 PM
naturellebella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 07:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

this was a pretty good episode, loved seeing peyote's father and him trying to "rake" lucas was hilarious. loved seeing LP connecting and brooke feeling left out because i felt it was obvious BL didnt work together.

nH were pretty funny, it was nice seeing haley let go a bit.

I'm the bad guy.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread