View Single Post
Old 01-31-2004, 11:53 AM
HisGirlFriday
Extreme Fan

So, this episode was ok...not my favorite, and yet not the lowest of the low. I definitely enjoy the Brooke/Lucas relationship. I think it works because she is who she is: fun, confident, and sexy, while Luke learns to let go a little and enjoy life. That being said I think its pretty shady of him to reassure her that he likes her and in the next episode does whatever he does with Peyton. But I don't want to talk about that just yet because I'm sure the previews are misleading and I don't want to dive head first into assumptions. I thought the scenes where Brooke was insecure were played very well, especially when she said that he was the first boy she ever really cared about. Sophia Bush gets so much credit from me.

I thought the Nathan/Haley scenes were a little abreviated. I knew all of what was going to happen with them just from the previews. The part at the beach was adorable...I do enjoy drunk Haley. The best part was obviously her throwing up on Dan because, come on, he most definitely deserved it. And it was great to hear that Nathan likes her for who she is and how she doesn't have to change to be with him. [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]

It was nice to see interaction with Peyton and her dad. When Lucas came in with the rake at the beginning I laughed so hard I almost fell off of my bed. Its nice to see where some of this girls issues stem from, rather than just being like, 'Meh. I'm mopey and broody and my life sucks.' We get some further explanation which was good. I do like Peyton and Lucas as friends , but nothing else.

The Jake scenes were wonderful as always, although, when he gave Jenny the keys to quiet her down at the end I was like, "I don't care what Peyton did, thats dirty metal that you're giving her to stick in her mouth!" Not the brightest move Jake (and Peyton!)

I saw the last scene at the basketball court as Nathan just saying 'Hey man, I'm done. You have fun with my life now, because I can't take it anymore.' I thought it was very bittersweet.

THat's all for now...thanks for listening to my two cents [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

ETA: This is by far my favorite Haley moment:

LUCAS: What happened to you?
HALEY: Nice to see you too.
LUCAS: Yeah, I missed you in sixth period.
HALEY: Yeah, I kinda, skipped. [Lucas gives her a shocked look.] You can get your jaw off the floor now.
LUCAS: He's got you skipping school?
HALEY: Lucas, talk to me when you get your tattoo removed.

Hee!

[ 01-31-2004: Message edited HisGirlFriday ]

It has been said that we need just three things in life: Something to do, something to look forward to, and someone to love.

H.S. + N.S.
And it needs you too much now <3

HisGirlFriday is offline   Reply With Quote