Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2017, 04:52 AM
Obsessed Fan

The show should have just ended last season.

Han er god barn, men han er så lat.

Eskild? Jeg sitter her.
Mimi
Old 02-24-2017, 04:53 AM
Obsessed Fan

It's a bit mindboggling.

Nashville has always been a show where the decision making process involves more than meets the eye, and not in a good way. E&M continue the tradition...
Old 02-24-2017, 04:54 AM
Obsessed Fan

It's a bit mindboggling.

Nashville has always been a show where the decision making process involves more than meets the eye, and not in a good way. E&M continue the tradition...
Old 02-24-2017, 05:11 AM
Master Fan

There isn't really much to talk about other than next half is going to be a big shift when they should have just balanced all the characters because this is going to be weird now
Old 02-24-2017, 05:38 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp10ah (View Post)
There isn't really much to talk about other than next half is going to be a big shift when they should have just balanced all the characters because this is going to be weird now
I will never understand why they did it this way.

Maisy was excellent. I really felt for Daphne. Maddie, eh.
Old 02-24-2017, 05:51 AM
Obsessed Fan

It seems that the writers are set in the idea of continuing the original concept of "aging country star feeling threatened by up-and-comer".

The problem is that Lennon isn't even half the actor required to play half of that show-driving role, that Juliette for all she's evolved is neither "aging" nor even particularly mature, and that right now everyone hates Maddie.

This is not a bash of the actors. I like Lennon. She has a wonderful voice, her duets with Maisie are wonderful, and she seems like a sweet girl, but she does not have the acting chops. She's no David Mazouz. Hell, she's no Dakota Blue Richards. This should be self-evident.
Old 02-24-2017, 06:18 AM
Dedicated Fan

I'm a huge Denya fan so I didn't watch but i know she died lol I just I can't watch but I'll watch again I started watching because I loved Juliette and Deacon season 1. I said I wouldn't watch but I will because there's more than Rayna to the show. This sucks yes a huge part of the show I loved is over that's been the center for a long time but Connie wanted out and the others are great. Now if the writers can just get this next half right I'll be ok. Juliette reminded me why I love her so much calling the nurse nurse Hatchet lol. So I guess I'm in it for the DURATION of the show!! I won't let Connie cancel Nashville the show must and will go on! But the writers need to get out second lead Juliette RIght!!!!!
Old 02-24-2017, 06:19 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceTear1 (View Post)
'Nashville' Season 5: Rayna Dies | Connie Britton Exit Interview | Hollywood Reporter

So I´m pretty sure that Connie wanted reduced role and this whole monstrosity with first attack and then death is solely on show-runners

Thanks for posting that, so sad they could have gone a different way now poor Deacon will go off the deep end and Teddy and Tandy will fight over the kids and what will happen to he record company, what a mess Really going to miss Deacon and Rayna duets, RIP
Old 02-24-2017, 06:43 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Janice~ (View Post)
Thanks for posting that, so sad they could have gone a different way now poor Deacon will go off the deep end and Teddy and Tandy will fight over the kids and what will happen to he record company, what a mess Really going to miss Deacon and Rayna duets, RIP
Yes but in the end Deacon will get Daph bc Teddy will end up giving Deacon guardianship for Daph and Maddie is deacons, so that will turn out ok. I really think Deacon will stay strong for the girls, or hope but seems he made a promise to Rayna he'll keep. I'm going to miss Deacon and Rayna a lot. Let's see what happens who is Deacon without Rayna I'm willing to find out.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Sorry, y'all I know what it's like to lose a fave like that.

From a character perspective, I'm not entirely surprised Tandy's first reaction is to not accept Deacon having custody of the girls. And that's not all Tandy's fault- some of the fault lies with Rayna, and with Deacon himself. We started the show in a certain place, but that was after 14 or so years of Rayna keeping Maddie from Deacon because she didn't believe he was a fit father, and Tandy encouraging that position. And Tandy is grieving herself, and likely has to put that aggression somewhere. Since Eric isn't coming back longterm, I'm assuming that ultimately Teddy will agree to allow Deacon guardianship of Daphne while he serves his sentence, which would probably calm Tandy down.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:54 AM
Master Fan

Just read the Tvline and EW interviews with Marshall. So 511 is one of the biggest episode of his career, we get a 2 and a half/ 3 months hiatus and timejump??? Not sure how the show will recover from that long a hiatus after this.
Old 02-24-2017, 08:25 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
Sorry, y'all I know what it's like to lose a fave like that.

From a character perspective, I'm not entirely surprised Tandy's first reaction is to not accept Deacon having custody of the girls. And that's not all Tandy's fault- some of the fault lies with Rayna, and with Deacon himself. We started the show in a certain place, but that was after 14 or so years of Rayna keeping Maddie from Deacon because she didn't believe he was a fit father, and Tandy encouraging that position. And Tandy is grieving herself, and likely has to put that aggression somewhere. Since Eric isn't coming back longterm, I'm assuming that ultimately Teddy will agree to allow Deacon guardianship of Daphne while he serves his sentence, which would probably calm Tandy down.
Since Maddie has been emancipated does Tandy have any legal standing in terms of guardianship? Would seem like a big no to me.
Old 02-24-2017, 08:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Not Maddie. I think Daphne is the issue. Frankly, if I were any or all of those adults, I'd be trying to throw Maddie AT someone else, lol, not take her.
Old 02-24-2017, 08:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjou (View Post)
OMG that makes it so much worse. If she was willing to do a reduced role/agreed she would stay on, and then they killed her anyway...there was nothing necessary about Rayna dying in a car crash and the character deserved better.

I was always going to stop watching if this happened, but Connie saying that makes it a lot harder to bear. I'll watch 5.07 today, and then Rayna and Deacon can spend the rest of eternity making their album, and I'll pretend anything after that simply didn't happen. Denial all the way.

At least I'm less mad at Connie now: it's solely the showrunners who've torpedoed the show.
I have said from the beginning these two are lousy nutjobs that should've never gotten their hands on this show, bc they would only make it worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
Just read the Tvline and EW interviews with Marshall. So 511 is one of the biggest episode of his career, we get a 2 and a half/ 3 months hiatus and timejump??? Not sure how the show will recover from that long a hiatus after this.
Agree, 2-3 montsh is serious nonsense. No other show has such a long break. It means we will go on in june and it will end while they're already filming a potntial next season? Maybe they know it will be last season so they take their time.

Last edited by Arrakis; 02-24-2017 at 08:56 AM
Old 02-24-2017, 09:20 AM
Dedicated Fan

Yep losing Dayna really stinks badly! They focused on that so much ever since she left Luke at the alter if you think about it. I'm ready to see Deacon move forward and Juliette take over, Im kinda hoping she'll be there for Deacon I liked when they had that friendship.

Ok so 511 we have a time jump?

Maybe a big star will come in and Connie will be a great from the past. Maybe Juliette and Deacon get closer eke so many possibilities ahead!

Last edited by Keke75p; 02-24-2017 at 09:35 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread