Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2015, 04:53 PM
Master Fan

'The Flash': Andrew Kreisberg On Felicity's Hacker Nemesis, Harrison Wells & More | Access Hollywood

Quote:
"We have Lance and Laurel coming to 'Flash,' which is a lot of fun," he said, when Access spoke to the EP at Wonder-Con. "We continue the story that Lance and Laurel are not getting along, so it doesn't feel evergreen in that sense, but we told both of them to sort of let their angst go and enjoy the fun of being on 'The Flash.' In some ways it's sort of the most fun we've ever seen Katie Cassidy on all these series, 'cause she really just got to sort of have a lark."
Quote:
Outside of the crossovers, one of the biggest mysteries in "The Flash" is Eobard Thawne/Reverse Flash. But having learned how Eobard became Harrison in a recent episode, Access had to ask Kreisberg if there is any of the original genius left.

"We know the answer to that. I mean, I think learning that stuff and hearing about that is sort of the fun of the back half of these remainder episodes," he said.

"You'll get a definitive answer to why he has done certain things and why he has said certain things that you may or may not be confused about," he added.

Cisco's blog update for those who care: The Chronicles of Cisco
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 04-13-2015, 05:49 PM
Master Fan

That fight club promo is awesome! But they should've at least had a couple of lady villains if they don't have many of them as heroes. In general they reallllly need to add more women to their main casts. I'm looking at you, Flash. Enough with the sausage fest.

That picture of Emily and Grant is too adorable
Old 04-13-2015, 06:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bree347 (View Post)
That fight club promo is awesome! But they should've at least had a couple of lady villains if they don't have many of them as heroes. In general they reallllly need to add more women to their main casts. I'm looking at you, Flash. Enough with the sausage fest.

That picture of Emily and Grant is too adorable
That goes without saying. Let's hope Season 2 brings this change. Also, more diversity with their villains.
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 04-13-2015, 10:37 PM
Absolute Fan

I wouldn't count on them adding more women to the main cast. I mean, there's possibility of that happening with Iris' mom, depending on who they cast and what kind of story they want to tell. But beyond that, I just don't see it, especially considering the money the network must already be shelling out on special effects and the more well-known guest stars. They can definitely do a better job at casting the villains/recurring characters though. More women, more characters of color should be a priority.

As for that promo...it's cool, I guess. But I'm already so over Ray. He isn't nearly interesting enough to warrant all the attention he's getting, IMO.
Old 04-13-2015, 11:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_chick (View Post)
But I'm already so over Ray. He isn't nearly interesting enough to warrant all the attention he's getting, IMO.
This . I love the promo so much that he didn't ruin it for me, but you're right. Ugh.
Old 04-14-2015, 12:30 AM
Master Fan

I wish they would gender swap Wally... but I know they probably wouldn't dare
Old 04-14-2015, 01:17 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bree347 (View Post)
I wish they would gender swap Wally... but I know they probably wouldn't dare
I want to be all yass girl power, but uhhh nope. I can't. Sorry, but no. Instead they should bring in more female Flash family members, like Jenni.

And tbh I don't want more girls on the show if they're just gonna be reduced to random love interests for Barry (like Linda). They can barely write Iris a story, so I'm not really hopeful.
Old 04-14-2015, 04:22 AM
Master Fan

Eh, I don't know much about Wally so that's why I'd rather he be a girl; I'm not invested in his comic book self including him being a guy.

And I think having more mediocre written women on is better than having no more women at all. I doubt every single one would be Barry's love interest.
Old 04-14-2015, 04:36 AM
Addicted Fan

There's zero point to making Wally a girl so... If they want female speedsters there's Jenni, Dawn, and Linda to choose from.

I'd rather the writers write Iris/Caitlin well and give them some sort of purpose. Bring Linda back. Plus Tina or another 30+ woman (we've got at least 4 over-30 male regulars and 0 females).
Old 04-14-2015, 04:59 AM
Master Fan

It's just a personal wish It's not like they'd ever actually do or even consider it. The point for me would just be to have another main female character, soon. I doubt we'll see Barry's daughter or granddaughter as part of the main cast soon, if ever, especially when there's Bart.
Old 04-14-2015, 05:21 AM
Addicted Fan

I see, lol.

I wouldn't mind if they do what Arrow did with Sara and make up a new female superhero. Or if Linda develops speedster powers like a lot of people are speculating. More girls kicking butt is awesome by me.
Old 04-14-2015, 05:27 AM
Master Fan

I would love either of those things. But especially Linda developing powers because I'm eager to see a female speedster.
Old 04-14-2015, 05:42 AM
Addicted Fan

Linda is a natural choice for a regular imo. She's already friends with Barry (and soon, Iris). And she's Wally's girl and a future-West. She fits right in.

But I'm pretty hopeful we'll see more than one female speedster. If Barry or Iris go to the future, we might see the Tornado Twins and Jenni.
Old 04-14-2015, 07:34 AM
Absolute Fan

I don't see Linda becoming a regular, unless they really are casting a Wally who is 18+ and even then, I think it's more likely that she'd stay recurring for awhile. I just doubt they view her as an important part of the story right now, especially when you consider how they've written her thus far.
Old 04-14-2015, 08:33 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParsD (View Post)
There's zero point to making Wally a girl so... If they want female speedsters there's Jenni, Dawn, and Linda to choose from.

I'd rather the writers write Iris/Caitlin well and give them some sort of purpose. Bring Linda back. Plus Tina or another 30+ woman (we've got at least 4 over-30 male regulars and 0 females).
Maybe if/when Eobard/Wells gets "ousted" from the group, Dr. Tina McGee should start running S.T.A.R. Labs.

... and when the team tries to hide their little superhero group from her, she can be all "Wow, you guys work long hours..." (okay, I'm only half joking here).
Closed Thread   Post New Thread