Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2017, 08:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGal (View Post)
This bit made me think that perhaps the show never recognized the Black Canary in her own right, and only saw her as one-half of a love interest. Noting the popularity of Wonder Woman, clearly there was an audience that was eager and ready to follow a strong story for a female Superhero, especially one that is well established in comic lore. Regardless of the surprise popularity of the Felicity character, the show forgot the that Laurel represented more than a love interest to the Green Arrow and couldn't be easily swapped out of the romantic pairing story line without losing something. Seeing how popular WW is now, it's a shame that the show runners didn't foresee there was an audience waiting and willing to support such a story line.
All of this! She deserved so much better than what the writers gave her. She was more than a love interest and they couldn't seem to care enough to give her more. I get this show is supposed to be Oliver centric, but she could have been a real team member without being a love interest for him.
Old 08-08-2017, 03:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane eyes (View Post)
All of this! She deserved so much better than what the writers gave her. She was more than a love interest and they couldn't seem to care enough to give her more. I get this show is supposed to be Oliver centric, but she could have been a real team member without being a love interest for him.
Agreed, Laurel/Black Canary deserved so much better than this show.
Old 08-08-2017, 08:53 AM
Master Fan

DiscussingFilm @DiscussingFilm
ARROW: EP Wendy Mercile has confirmed there are plans for Jessica De Gouw's HUNTRESS to return in Season 6
(Source: CBR)
Old 08-08-2017, 09:27 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow fan (View Post)
ARROW: EP Wendy Mercile has confirmed there are plans for Jessica De Gouw's HUNTRESS to return in Season 6
Finally.
Old 08-08-2017, 11:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow fan (View Post)
Thanks for the scoop.
Old 08-09-2017, 12:10 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane eyes (View Post)
They didn't care to really write for her because they believed people didn't care about her. Just like they believed her death wouldn't cause much of a negative reaction.

It bite them in the butt but the reaction to her death and the cheers she got at sdcc finally havehopefully made them realize that oh wow the internet isn't all the matters. Besides if we even go by internet reaction the only stans/fandoms are Olicity and LL fans. Those have always been the most asked about things for the show.
Old 08-10-2017, 10:36 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGal (View Post)
This bit made me think that perhaps the show never recognized the Black Canary in her own right, and only saw her as one-half of a love interest. Noting the popularity of Wonder Woman, clearly there was an audience that was eager and ready to follow a strong story for a female Superhero, especially one that is well established in comic lore. Regardless of the surprise popularity of the Felicity character, the show forgot the that Laurel represented more than a love interest to the Green Arrow and couldn't be easily swapped out of the romantic pairing story line without losing something. Seeing how popular WW is now, it's a shame that the show runners didn't foresee there was an audience waiting and willing to support such a story line.
That's exactly what happened. The writers only had Laurel/BC on the show because they initially intended to write a GA/BC relationship, but when the Oliver/Laurel romance didn't take off like they had hoped (how could it with the sister twist in the pilot?), they pursued Olicity and tossed Laurel to the side. BTW, they clearly still don't give a sht about Black Canary because Dinah's origin story was even more half-assed than Laurel's and they turned her into the same side character Laurel was in her final season on the show.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 08-10-2017 at 10:43 AM
Old 08-10-2017, 06:18 PM
Elite Fan

Because this show isn't about anyone without a blonde ponytail. Congrats to fans, but I prefer to just catch up if it affects The Flash/LoT. This show had potential to be amazing, but they lost it hard.
Old 08-10-2017, 07:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
That's exactly what happened. The writers only had Laurel/BC on the show because they initially intended to write a GA/BC relationship, but when the Oliver/Laurel romance didn't take off like they had hoped (how could it with the sister twist in the pilot?), they pursued Olicity and tossed Laurel to the side. BTW, they clearly still don't give a sht about Black Canary because Dinah's origin story was even more half-assed than Laurel's and they turned her into the same side character Laurel was in her final season on the show.
I didn't see the point of the sister twist at all and honestly they were pretty stupid to think that people would accept them after, but yet again it makes sense when they didn't really want them to begin with.
Old 08-10-2017, 08:02 PM
Dedicated Fan

If Arrow was smart they'd pair Oliver and E2 Laurel now. But instead they'll keep pushing boring Olicity.
Old 08-10-2017, 08:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by proty (View Post)
If Arrow was smart they'd pair Oliver and E2 Laurel now. But instead they'll keep pushing boring Olicity.
Couldn't really care who Oliver dates tbh, as long as they stop pushing Olicity.
Old 08-10-2017, 08:57 PM
Elite Fan

I think by this point we're doomed to suffer olicity for the rest of the series.
Old 08-10-2017, 09:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
I think by this point we're doomed to suffer olicity for the rest of the series.
Yep, unfortunately
Old 08-10-2017, 09:44 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by proty (View Post)
Meh I wouldn't want that. She deserves better than a fckboi. I would tune in if she had more going on and involved with the story/plot, but I am about 94% sure she will just be a background character to Felicity & Friends. Not here for that.
Old 08-10-2017, 10:55 PM
Loyal Fan

For me, Arrow is a lost case, I only watch it when it has a crossover, and now I'm just going to follow and see Black Siren scenes.

Of the 4 CWDC series I only watch LoT, Flash and Supergirl

The Rogue Prince
Closed Thread   Post New Thread