Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2004, 04:44 PM
Elite Fan

I liked Garner as Elektra in Daredevil, I just didn't like Ben in an action superhero role, kind of hard to "buy it" [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I'd like to see Brooke Burke as Elektra...physical description to a "T"

Some lesbian old lady gave the Punisher a really bad review in the AJC, I'm going to see it this weekend and then again next week [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]...but I've managed to get her e-mail address and I'll give her a piece of my mind when I get done watching it.

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Old 04-19-2004, 08:39 AM
Elite Fan

I went to see The Punisher on Saturday, and I must say it was a decent movie. Nothing special really, but it was a solid action flick. There was a moment of MAJOR cheese towards the end that I wish hadn't been included. Otherwise I liked it.

Also...

From Creature Corner
Quote:
Some great news has gone up over on the official message boards for Hellboy, and was picked up as a news story by Action Figures because of it's all-encompassing updates about what's next for Big Red.

First off, Guillermo says they are in talks with Gonzo Anime to work on an anime series of Hellboy, and they're holding out for the best possible video game publishers to make sure when there is a game, it's done right. Mike Mignola and Guillermo will be very involved in the development of both the anime series and game to make sure it stays true to the Hellboy mythos.

Mezco Toys is getting ready to role out a second wave of excellently-made toys from the movie, which will include a Nazi Kroenen and a Prince of Darkness Hellboy, standing over the rubble of the city. Should be amazing. He even said there's going to be a poll on the Hellboy boards for you to vote for your favorite figure, and he will do everything he can to make sure it makes it into series 2, and indeed the poll exists right here.

He confirms there will almost definitely be a sequel since they're relatively inexpensive, so Mignola and he are getting ideas out there now. He says it will most likely feature some of the "Almost Colossus" and "Conqueror Worm" storylines...
Old 04-21-2004, 06:46 AM
Elite Fan

Superhero Hype:

Quote:
New Line Cinema has picked up the comic book "Hawaiian Dick" to develop as a starring vehicle for Johnny Knoxville. Damian Shannon and Mark Swift have been brought on board to adapt. Set in 1953, "Dick" tells the story of a down-on-his-luck big-city detective who is exiled to Hawaii. While there, he gets involved in a kidnapping case of a local island girl who turns up dead but won't stay that way. The comic, by B. Clay Moore and Steven Griffin, first appeared as a three-issue series in 2002 from Image Comics.
Old 04-21-2004, 07:31 PM
Elite Fan

I really liked the Punisher as a movie that stayed true to the comics for the most parts. It was a dark, violent and sad...which really is what the punisher is all about. I mean this isn't some happy ending superhero flick with "spiderman" like violence in it...it was the real deal. There was a few things missing to make this film a great one, but overall for the comic book fans of the Punisher it was a "keeper".

I thought that Thomas Jane did a great job playing the role...it's not exactly easy to be someone with a loyal fan following already that people have seen an image of...the rest of the cast was good too. I absolutely loved the fight scene with the Russian and the comic relief during that scene [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Old 04-22-2004, 11:27 AM
Elite Fan

Other than the scene where he blew up the cars, I had no real problem with The Punisher. Like I said, that little bit of cheese kind of brought down an otherwise good action movie.

On another topic....from Zap2it:

Quote:
Terence Stamp is returning to the comic book world.
The 64-year-old British actor, who had played the evil General Zod in 1980's "Superman II," will join Jennifer Garner in "Elektra," a spin-off of the popular "Daredevil," according to The Hollywood Reporter.

The project stars Garner as an assassin who is targeted by the ninjas who had trained her. Stamp will portray Stick, a blind fighter who mentors Elektra. It seems to be a theme with Elektra, who had a brief romance with Daredevil, who is blind as well.
Old 04-26-2004, 08:13 AM
Total Fan

Punisher was...alright. Mentioned it elsewhere, but I'd have done it a lot differently, while still keeping some elements of Welcome Back, Frank.

Hellboy is a definite pickup, as the deluxe DVD. Hopefully, strong after-market sales of the movie will drive a sequel.

Oy, I gotta watch all the Superman flicks; I don't remember the one with Zod, though I've seen the others (original, Nuclear Man, etc).
Old 04-26-2004, 11:11 AM
Elite Fan

Zap2it

Quote:
Goran Visnjic may be leaving "ER" after this season, but it looks like his movie career is shaping up nicely.
The 31-year-old Croatian actor has been cast as Jennifer Garner's love interest in the "Daredevil" spin-off "Elektra."

The project stars Garner as an assassin who is targeted by the ninjas who had trained her, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The ninjas, known as the Hand, had assigned Elektra to kill Visnjic's character over a long-standing grudge, but she falls in love with him instead.
Old 04-26-2004, 03:44 PM
Total Fan

Ugh, not feeling that at all...Ben Affleck's supposedly doing a cameo as Matt Murdock/Daredevil, that can take care of a quick romantic angle while focusing on character development outside of that.
Old 04-26-2004, 06:56 PM
Obsessed Fan

^ Agreed 100%.

~Kat
Old 04-27-2004, 07:56 AM
Elite Fan

I thought that Strifer especially would share my delight with this tidbit:

From Bloody Disgusting:

Quote:
According to the Hollywood Rpeorter, "Jessica Alba, who next stars in MGM's underwater actioner "Into the Blue," is in final negotiations to jump into "Sin City" for Dimension Films.

Shooting is under way in Austin, Texas, on the project, which is being co-written, -directed and -produced by Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller, the studio said. Miller penned the graphic novel series that inspired the film.

"Sin City" will comprise three intertwining vignettes revolving around a dark set of characters who call the fictional corrupt town home.

Alba will star in a section opposite Bruce Willis and Mickey Rourke playing Nancy, a beautiful exotic dancer known as "the sweetheart of Sin City." Jaime King, Elijah Wood and Brittany Murphy round out the cast.

Rodriguez's partner, Elizabeth Avellan, will also produce through their Troublemaker Studios label. Alba is perhaps best known for her work on James Cameron's "Dark Angel." She starred most recently in Universal Pictures' dance drama "Honey."
[ 04-27-2004: Message edited The Crow ]
Old 04-27-2004, 09:25 AM
Total Fan

Whoo! I even watched Honey, which brings me no limit of shame... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-27-2004, 12:13 PM
Elite Fan

I also watched Honey. I am almost ashamed to say that I enjoyed it. I think it is mainly cause I really liked the commentary.

As for Jessica in Sin City, any movie where she plays a stripper, oh excuse me...exotic dancer...is a movie I'll go watch. [img]smilies/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

[ 04-27-2004: Message edited The Crow ]
Old 04-27-2004, 03:51 PM
Total Fan

Was definitely down for Sin City the moment Robert Rodriguez signed on, but adding Alba only helps. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-28-2004, 04:33 AM
Dedicated Fan

[img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-28-2004, 08:29 AM
Elite Fan

From SuperheroHype:

Quote:
Universal Pictures to Distribute Bendis' Jinx
Source: Variety

Variety reports that Universal Pictures has made a deal to turn the graphic novel Jinx into a feature film, with Charlize Theron attached to topline and produce under her D and D banner.

Brian Michael Bendis, who created the graphic novel, will adapt his crime noir creation for the screen. Theron will play a bounty hunter who must trust a man framed for murder so they can recover millions in abandoned mobster money and start a new life together.

Several of Bendis' creations are already set up as movies, including Powers at Sony and Torso with Todd McFarlane Productions. He was also co-exec producer and wrote the pilot for MTV's CGI Spider-Man series.