Old 04-16-2017, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 04-16-2017, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well its beyond to be time for another
Old 04-16-2017, 06:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by just have a little faith (View Post)
Now that I've finally read that bit about Snakes Eyes
Well, I figured you should at least know Larry Hama's actual storyline for Snake Eyes and Scarlett. It's not like you're gonna get it from Hollywood.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

No won't get it from Hollywood
Old 04-17-2017, 06:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

You would if I worked there.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I bet we would
Old 04-18-2017, 09:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

God help Hollywood.
Old 04-18-2017, 02:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
God help Hollywood.
Don't let Alex see that
Old 04-18-2017, 05:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
God help Hollywood.
You're right, sum1!

Oh, it's okay, Sarah. He's right. I'd be like Daenerys Targaryen meets Alexander The Great in Hollywood.

"Warner Bros., Universal, 20th Century Fox, Paramount, Walt Disney, Sony/Columbia, they’re all just spokes on a wheel. This one’s on top and that one’s on top and on and on it spins, crushing those on the ground. I'm not going to stop the wheel. I’m going to break the wheel. They can live in my new world, or they can die in their old one.”
Old 04-20-2017, 12:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Glad than that you agree with him
Old 04-21-2017, 05:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I really wish I could be more positive about comics these days. Marvel's sales are in the tank right now. I don't agree with the excuses, though. It's not that people "don't want diversity," it's that fans don't want their favorite, classic heroes sidelined in favor of ethnic characters taking their place. Again, make new characters to reflect diversity and stop taking away the established ones.

Marvel Comics on 2016 sales drop: ’People didn’t want any more diversity’ -Syfy Wire | SyfyWire
Old 04-22-2017, 05:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

I wish Marvel would catch on to the notion that introducing female and non-white characters does not require replacing or killing off or sidelining existing white male characters. I'm pretty sure it's the latter behavior, removing or sidelining old favorites, that's souring the Marvel fandom right now.

For example Marvel has female Asgardian characters they could promote if they wanted to, or they could create new ones, but instead they had Thor's ex-girlfriend take his power, name and role. That sort of thing will piss off fans of the original Thor. Not because of any prejudice against female characters but because they like the original Thor and want him to remain Thor.

And there is something demeaning towards women and minorities in the assumption Marvel seems to have that to succeed a female or minority character has to have a boost from a white male character by taking their role.
Old 04-22-2017, 09:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree that they should just make new brand new ones if they want race diversity or sexual diversity

Quote:
female Asgardian characters
Aka the female warrior that was seen in both movies Sif
Old 04-22-2017, 12:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, Sif is a longterm character. She was Thor's love interest at times and is considered one of the best swords in Asgard. There's also the Valkyrie, who's going to appear in Thor 3. She's another longterm character, wuith a complicated background.
Old 04-22-2017, 04:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I totally agree, sum1. Why do you need Jane Foster to be the female Thor when you have Sif, or Brynhildr/Valkyrie? And no, not Tessa Thompson's inappropriate Valkyrie. The Scandinavian goddess, not the movie version who looks like Isis, goddess of the Nile.

Why is it necessary to desecrate Steve Rogers to elevate Sam Wilson? Is it not enough that he's The Falcon? Do you have to make him the new Captain America at the expense of Steve's legacy? First they strip the Super-Soldier serum from Steve's body, leaving him a frail, weak old man. And then, after his body is rejuvenated and returned to Super-Soldier enhancement, they add insult to injury by retconning his story and making him turn out to have been a secret HYDRA double agent all along. Seriously? All this just to have Sam Wilson be the black Captain America with metal wings? Was this necessary? Was it necessary to have Ultimate Spider-Man, Miles Morales, transported to the main Marvel universe to share the spotlight with Peter Parker, only to have Peter now compromised like Hal Jordan is in Green Lantern comics because of John Stewart?

Why not make use of the heroes they already have? They underuse She-Hulk as it is, so why not focus more on her? And what about The Wasp? Why sideline Janet Van Dyne and put her on the bench just to create this "Nadia Pym" character for no reason other than because of the damn Hope character from the MCU? And who cares about Riri Williams? Why take Tony Stark out of the game just to replace him with this Ironheart character? Who's gonna care in another ten years? Why not create new characters to reflect diversity? Why take our classic, iconic heroes away from us when they've become like family?