Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2014, 11:04 PM
Moderator Manager

Awww, he's so sweet and taking time out to reply to fans on twitter.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 09-14-2014, 12:29 PM
Elite Fan

Do all of you know about the stalker who assaulted Hugh Jackman last year? I knew about it, but I just read a more in depth story about it that revealed some facts I didn't know. The whole thing is really disturbing. Poor Jackmans! I am going to bold the parts I didn't know.

Quote:
A month before an unhinged woman accosted Hugh Jackman with a pubic-hair-filled [electric] razor at his West Village gym Saturday, she marched up to his wife and 7-year-old daughter and announced, “I am going to marry your husband,” authorities said yesterday.

The chilling March 6 encounter with accused stalker Katherine Thurston, 47, left Jackman’s family petrified and the usually cool star shaken.

“It was obviously frightening,” Jackman, 44, told The Post yesterday outside the West Village home where he lives with his wife, actress-producer Deborra-Lee Furness, 57, son Oscar, 12, and daughter Ava.

“For me, my main concern is for my family,’’ the “Les Misérables’’ and “X-Men’’ star said of the razor-tossing incident.

He thanked prosecutors for taking the case seriously. “I just hope the woman gets the help she needs,” he said.

Thurston was hauled into Manhattan Criminal Court yesterday and charged with stalking after first allegedly approaching Jackman outside Gotham Gym at 8 a.m. the day before, saying, “We’re getting married, right?”

She then allegedly followed him inside, shouting, “I love you!” at the Aussie star.
Prosecutors said Thurston whipped a black electric razor out of a bag.

The actor thought she was reaching for a gun or knife, said police sources, who noted that the razor was full of Thurston’s pubic hair.

Thurston, a Bakersfield, Calif., native who has three grown children, is being held in lieu of $15,000 bond or $7,500 cash bail.

She was already on probation for stalking Jackman at a San Francisco concert last year. Jackman took out a restraining order against Thurston after that, and Saturday’s arrest is a violation of that order, sources said.

After the latest bust, she admitted she’d been tailing Jackman.

“I was at his daughter’s school. I went to his gym this morning,” she told cops, according to the criminal complaint. “I want to marry him. This is not against the law. It is not against the law to have two wives.

“I was very impressed with ‘X-Men 2,’ so I started e-mailing him,” Thurston told cops.
She didn’t say why she allegedly threw the razor at Jackman, but prosecutors said Thurston told detectives, “I hated him having those whiskers.”

Thurston had repeatedly visited Jackman’s home, gym and daughter’s school, prosecutor Bernard Eyth told the court.

“The defendant believes the victim and his wife want her to be his second wife, despite being arrested,” Eyth said.

Thurston even told cops during questioning, “He really wants to see me now. When can I see him? Where is he at? When am I going to meet him?”

Thurston’s mom, Neita Wright, said her troubled daughter — diagnosed as bipolar at 17 — has long immersed herself in every detail of Jackman’s life, noting “this is a long obsession with her.”

Thurston’s daughter, Kalianna, 21, said her mom has trekked to Manhattan twice in the last 12 months to stalk him.

“The first time was last fall, I think. She got in trouble for hanging out outside of his apartment. They hospitalized her — I do know that — and then they sent her back here [to California],” Kalianna said.

She said her mom denied that the reason she was going to New York — most recently by bus — was to search for Jackman.

“About two months ago, my mom announced she was going back to New York. We got in a huge argument — I said, ‘You’re going back to stalk Hugh Jackman! ‘And she looked me dead in the eye and said, “You don’t know that,’” Kalianna recalled.

“My mother has a very high IQ and is very manipulative. But she is sick and she doesn’t listen to the doctors. She can go from being completely lucid to totally crazy in seconds.”
During both trips to Manhattan, Thurston stayed at the Weston Transitional Living Shelter in Harlem, her daughter said. Shelter sources yesterday said Thurston sported an “engagement ring and talked about Jackman nonstop.”

“She told me she’s going to stay with his wife and him and that the wife doesn’t mind,’” one source said.

Source

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan (View Post)
About 4 yrs ago i flew into New York for the day ! We went to see Keifer Sutherland in a play, after each show he spent like 10 min signing autographs taking pictures! Glad Hugh is doing this! Yes we got a autograph / selfie ( before they were called that ]
Matt, I meant to reply to you regarding your encounter with Keifer Sutherland. I have a friend who also met him in NY. Very cool and thanks so much for sharing! I'm glad you got to meet him and get an autograph and selfie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Awww, he's so sweet and taking time out to reply to fans on twitter.
It's really sweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond Insane (View Post)
Oh he's going to be so nice and amazing if you meet him hope you do
Hopefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiane (View Post)
I love Hugh's humor and facial expressions.
Me too.
-The Holy Qur'an [13:16]
Old 09-14-2014, 01:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Some fans can really go too far. Its worrying when you think, they are just normal human beings, as fans we can't overstep our boundaries and make them uncomfortable.
Old 09-14-2014, 02:12 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Embrace (View Post)
Some fans can really go too far. Its worrying when you think, they are just normal human beings, as fans we can't overstep our boundaries and make them uncomfortable.
Exactly. And it is really disturbing that this woman would show up to his children's school multiple times waiting for him to pick them up, that she would lurk outside his apartment, and would just flat out try to throw herself at Hugh or tell his wife she is going to marry him... show up at his concert events and continually stalk him even after he had a restraining order against her. What if she really would have pulled out a knife instead of a razor? Fans like that can actually harm the celebrity. Some celebrities, like Hugh, want to live normal lives ... going to public gyms, taking the subway like everyone else, walking around town without a bodyguard ... and it is very disturbing that certain obsessed fans make it almost impossible for people like Hugh to feel normal. I understand she has bipolar disorder, which I greatly sympathize with, but I volunteer helping mentally ill patients at a hospital, and most are harmless, sweet people who just need help ... but I don't think someone should ever use their mental illness as an excuse to do things that are completely unacceptable and could potentially harm someone else. This woman had resources via her daughter to take her medication and she chose to ignore all of that according to her daughter.

Last edited by ~Search4Truth~; 09-14-2014 at 02:32 PM
Old 09-14-2014, 04:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I get why he is worried, because of his family too.
Old 09-14-2014, 06:17 PM
Obsessed Fan

Poor Hugh and his family to have that psycho unleash on them. Who knows what more she could have done to them?
Old 09-15-2014, 07:07 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I hope stalkers stay away from Hugh and his family.

Hugh posted this on his twitter this morning. He is Eskimo kissing his dog! So adorable.

Source
Old 09-15-2014, 07:25 AM
Obsessed Fan

Aww. So cute.
Old 09-15-2014, 08:32 AM
Moderator Manager

Poor Hugh, some fans are just so crazy!

That's such a cute pic of Hugh kissing his dog.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 09-15-2014, 11:11 AM
Master Fan

That's so cool that he replied to the fans, he's so great.
Old 09-15-2014, 11:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

His hair is coming along nicely.
Old 09-15-2014, 03:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

OMG such a cute picture with his dog

That is crazy associated to his stalker and agreed a lot of them just want to live normal lives
Old 09-15-2014, 03:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It is a cute photo with his dog.
Old 09-15-2014, 03:37 PM
Elite Fan

Is it odd that I am enjoying watching the progression of Hugh's hair slowly but surely growing back? I get excited to see new pictures every few days to see how long it is. I almost feel like predicting how long it will be about one month from now, on his 46th birthday. I'm curious to see how long it will take him to grow it back to a nice length.

Yeah, Hugh and his dog, Dali, are an adorable pair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbal Warning
That's so cool that he replied to the fans, he's so great.
Totally agree!
Old 09-15-2014, 05:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I think you aren't the only one enjoying the pictures with his hair progress