Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 10-28-2017, 01:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Go Disney!!

Now let make a movie about a Prince/Princess that falls in love with the same gender.
Old 10-28-2017, 01:18 AM
Graphics Team Manager
the fight never ends

^ yes that's what their next step should be

I was surprised but glad to see that they were going to add in a gay storyline. Hopefully it goes over well & is the start of more progress & storylines like that

Chelle » join GTmy articon
Old 10-28-2017, 01:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, and it is so many how wants Disney to make a movie like that and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will happen in the near future,

I was surprised too (so happy about it). I really didn't think it would happen on a kid channel because of all the hatred that some people have towards LGBT+.
Old 10-28-2017, 01:37 AM
Graphics Team Manager
the fight never ends

I'm sure they know many want to see it too. Perhaps this is them testing the waters?
Quote:
I really didn't think it would happen on a kid channel because of all the hatred that some people have towards LGBT+.
That's exactly why it surprised me but this is a good step & I'm glad they did. It'll be good for the LGBT+ youth to see it & them doing it is progress as they're ignoring that hate & showing that there's nothing wrong. I'm sure they'll get a bit of hate from it for doing it though but obviously they're prepared to face the fire which is good

Old 10-28-2017, 01:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

I really hope so!!

Yeah, it is so so good for the LGBT+ youth! And I hope this will help them along the way. That they will see that it is okay and they should not listen to the hateful people.

So proud of Disney now. It really seems like they want to take a step forward to make everyone feel included.
Old 10-28-2017, 01:52 AM
Graphics Team Manager
the fight never ends

I'm sure it will help. I know it at least helps me to see some normality to it in shows would like more bisexuals with good storylines but I also think I watch the wrong shows for that

I'm proud of them too

Old 10-28-2017, 04:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

I would like that too, Chelle.
Old 10-28-2017, 09:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

When things like this happen in the world: Tanzania deports lawyers accused of 'promoting homosexuality'?

(They were among 13 people arrested on 17 October for taking part in a meeting to discuss challenging a law stopping private health clinics from providing HIV and Aids services. Because, you know AIDS = gay and Tanzania is one of those countries where homosexuality is illegal.)

It's awesome that Disney is doing something constructive about showing that being gay is not abnormal or alien. It's just one of the ways that people are born.
Old 10-29-2017, 02:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

^That is so sad.

Quote:
It's awesome that Disney is doing something constructive about showing that being gay is not abnormal or alien. It's just one of the ways that people are born.
Yeah!

I found this video yesterday on YouTube.

They missed the couple that is in Frozen. But that is okay. I'm glad that they are doing more and more with this. And now having a main to be gay/bi in a Disney Channel tv show is another great step forward.
Old 10-29-2017, 09:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Do they mention Heather Mattarazzo's character in the Princess Diaries movies?
Old 11-01-2017, 06:09 AM
Elite Fan

Any opinions about Kevin Spacey?
Old 11-01-2017, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Aside from the fact that he's a garbage person, not so much, no.

You?
Old 11-02-2017, 02:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

I have no idea who he is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnykerr (View Post)
Do they mention Heather Mattarazzo's character in the Princess Diaries movies?
No, because Lily was straight in the movies. If you are thinking about this tweet:

It was just a joke because she literally popped out from a closet in the movie. Here is a video of it (at the time 2:05):

Old 11-02-2017, 05:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

I was remembering that tweet, yes. I'll be honest, I don't rememebr those movies very well and I was taking her word for it.

I grew up with Lady Oscar, okay? A kids' show about the only daughter of a French soldier who, to honour her father, joins the army, but as a man, since "back then" (it's set in some sort of older period) women weren't allowed. And, naturally, she falls in love with her best friend in the army. And he's in love with her. Only he feels weird about it, because he doesn't think he's gay, and for all he knows, she's a man.

I grew up with kids' movies with gay characters all over them.

So it's not like I'm unaware that gay characters in kids' shows and movies are a big *thing* for the United States. It's just one of those things that I have to keep reminding myself of, because it's never been a big deal in my life, ever since I was a kid.

Anyway, Kevin Spacey is a garbage person. He's a Hollywood actor (currently mostly known for starring in the U.S. adaptation of a UK TV show) who's been cagey about his sexual orientation for decades. Then, last week, another actor revealed that Spacey sexually harrassed him when he was 14 (Spacey was 26 at the time). And Spacey's answer was, essentially, "I don't remember that! I must have SO drunk. So much drunkenness back then. By the way, did I mention that I choose to be gay?"

Like, he was basically hoping the big story would be his finally coming out, instead of the sexual abuse of a minor. Which, as you can imagine, was a big slap in the face to the whole gay community in the United States. Hence, "he's a garbage person."
Closed Thread   Post New Thread