Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2019, 05:26 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I wouldn't count the Tardis as one of your 10 characters

Your new banner will be made using the colours from a colour scheme or schemes of your choice. Then your new customisation will be made based on the colours used in the winning banner. If that makes sense

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 06:03 PM
Graphics Team

Wasn't Rose and Martha in more of the show than Donna?
Though Donna was fantastic too
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
ice choco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 06:10 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Rose was in the show quite a bit. Donna was a fan favorite but only stayed one season.

To be honest I liked Rose but didn't care for the Rose/Doctor romance (with 10) which is why I don't care if she's in the banner. Nine is my least fav of the new Doctors so that is why he is not listed as my preference for companion/Doctor favs.

If we are trying to stick to 8-10 people in the banner my picks are 11 with Amy/Rory; 12 with Clara; and 13 with her 3 companions.

I do really want the TARDIS in the graphic as well. The TARDIS is one of the most important aspects of the show.

If we included 9 and Rose that would take us to 11 which is out of the 8-10 range.
One Thing Remains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 09:45 PM
Graphics Team

I think a lot of people liked the majority of the companions

So you're changing it and you don't want the 10th Doctor and 1 of his companions?

The TARDIS is a given. It was already intending to be in the banner. Probably like how it is now, next to the show name.
Old 07-14-2019, 11:11 PM
Graphics Team Manager

The Tardis is a given in the graphic, I simply said don't count it as one of the characters. Any graphic which is made without one will not be allowed in the polls because you can't have Doctor Who without it & we know that the board want it included in the graphic

Then you can have a max of 15/16 characters, I simply recommended the 8-10 range as past that they start to look small since the more characters you have, the smaller they will be. If you're thinking 11 characters my NCIS board is an example of how small they may look. Downton Abbey had 13, as did Grey's Anatomy, Twilight has 15... those are the boards which I always think of when thinking maximum characters/large casts & I know that some can find graphics like that look crowded &/or small

So if you want you can have Doctors 9-13, Donna, Amy, Rory, Rose, Clara, Bill, Graham, Yasmin, & Ryan as while that makes about 14 characters its still within the maximum amount. They just will be small

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-15-2019, 07:17 AM
Graphics Team

I don't think Amy wants Rose in there because of the Rose/Doctor relationship.
And I don't think we need to add Bill if we're adding Clara?

Petra what do you think of all this? Any others have inputs?
Old 07-15-2019, 10:15 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

I am fine if Rose or Nine is included. But if we're limiting characters because of the way the graphic will look with all of them being so small, my first choice of people to remove would be Rose and Nine. That's all.
Old 07-15-2019, 01:20 PM
Graphics Team Manager

You would remove one of the doctors?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-15-2019, 03:39 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

He was only on for one season. He's never really been a fan favorite like 10-13. It really doesn't matter to me that much if he's in the banner. Especially since we've decided to do favorite Doctor/Companions. It's impossible to put all the Doctors and all the Companions in the banner. Most companions have been around longer than 9 was. I would rather have a nice banner, without too many characters so their faces aren't tiny, and use 10-13 with their fav companions.

But again if everyone else thinks 9 should be in the banner that's fine with me too.
Old 07-15-2019, 05:34 PM
Graphics Team

9 wasn't really one of my favorites either tbh

I think if you add 10 with Donna (or even Martha?), 11 with Amy & Rory, 12 with Clara, and 13 with Graham, Yasmin, and Ryan that would be 11 people? Is that too much for everyone or does anyone feel like anything should be changed?

My favorite companions don't matter much. As no one has suggested them but me.
Old 07-15-2019, 06:54 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Makes sense about 9 . I did see there was one who only had one season

Are all 3 of 13's loved? Or likely to return? You may be able to condense more there if you have any hesitation over those ones . But I don't know. 11 is still a fine amount of characters

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-16-2019, 12:52 AM
Moderator Support Team

Wow so hard to chose .

See i think keeping 9th & Rose is a given without theze two we would of never had the new era of doctor who .. but yeah limiting who is on the banner can be hard .

So atm new era who has 9th , 10th , 11th 12th ans 13th doctor. 5 people already .

Rose , Martha , Donna ,Amy (Rory) , Clara , Bill Yas ,Grahan & Ryan . 10 people hummm

One person would get rid of is rory ( sorry ) Amy was more important but i did love rory. The problem is the new season has 3 people reather than the usual 1 .

The important compaions i say are Rose , Amy ,Clara for sure . But i loved Donna and Bill was fun a d Martha was in it for a long time to .

I say we should keep more of thr doctors and eliminate the companions as we want to really show the series but saying that snt that what our board is now just the doctors ?
Old 07-16-2019, 01:22 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Maybe keep it at Rose, Amy, & Clara for companions then? So 5 doctors & those 3 companions, so 8 characters? Maybe 9 if you want to include Martha for being in it for a while? We could make it so Rose & Doctor #10 aren't next to each other if that makes you feel better Amy as not being a fan of them together?

Alternatively if Amy isn't sold on having Doctor #9 or Rose could we include Rose but not the doctor or the other way around? Or would that be weird?
Maybe go Doctors #10-#13, Rose, Amy, Clara (7 characters) - with possibly Doctor #9, Martha, Donna, &/or Bill (max 11 characters) if you want them too?

I know this is mean to your current companions & is leaving out other loved characters if you go with the lower amounts, but it would still represent the show & both the Doctors & their companions

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-16-2019, 05:04 AM
Moderator Support Team

that could work ? but i feel the newbies should be in it to , represent the newer season cause it is very new

i dont mind having rose abit to the side but Rose , 10th doctor , Amy 11th doctor than Clara 12th , Than 13th with the trio that would be 10?
Old 07-16-2019, 08:16 AM
Graphics Team

With all this discussion of characters, I just realized, do we not want to represent Torchwood at all? Since that is also related to this.
Or are you guys just wanting to do the DW side?
Reply   Post New Thread