Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2015, 04:03 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by albion_princess (View Post)
Right. I completely forgot they'd be a thread to discuss the episodes.

I want to say that I loved Julian Bleach's performance as Davros. I really really loved it. Thought Peter was wonderful as the Doctor.

I also don't think that Clara or Missy are dead.
With the exception of David Gooderson from Destiny of the Daleks, the casting of Davros has been absolutely top notch. Bleach, Wisher and Malloy are all superb in the role, as apposed to The Master where they get it wrong more than right imo
Old 09-25-2015, 05:13 PM
Elite Fan

That look on 12's face when the boy says his name is just awesome acting from Capaldi. He knows exactly what this means. The Doctor is so screwed at that point.
Old 09-26-2015, 12:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
That look on 12's face when the boy says his name is just awesome acting from Capaldi. He knows exactly what this means. The Doctor is so screwed at that point.
Love that moment and for the fans its a OMG moment and we probably know the direction the season will probably go. I'm looking forward to loads more Daleks this series.
lancer1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 12:29 AM
Elite Fan

Maybe we'll see Rusty again.
Old 09-26-2015, 01:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Didn't think of that, hope it happens. But didn't Rusty blow himself up or was that just in the preaired B&W copy?
lancer1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 04:52 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I would say it's doubtful tbh...
Old 09-27-2015, 07:33 AM
Moderator Support Team

See i want to see strax and the gang back
Old 10-23-2015, 08:18 PM
New Fan

Michelle Gomez is by far my favorite Master. She and the writers have given Missy a depth that the Master has not yet had. Trying to pigeon hole her as a friend, enemy, good or evil will fail because she brings it all to the table along with centuries of loyalty to the Doctor.

Michelle is over the top in a way reminiscent of the Joker (Batman). I think that fits like a glove.
Blaidd-Drwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 06:34 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaidd-Drwg (View Post)
Michelle Gomez is by far my favorite Master. She and the writers have given Missy a depth that the Master has not yet had. Trying to pigeon hole her as a friend, enemy, good or evil will fail because she brings it all to the table along with centuries of loyalty to the Doctor.

Michelle is over the top in a way reminiscent of the Joker (Batman). I think that fits like a glove.
Yes shes very much like the joker
Old 10-30-2015, 09:47 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
Yes shes very much like the joker
I would argue the character was never meant to be the Joker, but regeneration brings a lot of change.
Coming Tuesday Nov 3rd I will finally be able to view the episodes we have been discussing in here. A DvD covering the first six episodes of this season will be available for buying. I have waited a long time to see more of the new Master and see if I can tolerate her new regenerated form. Plus Davros yay!
CommanderM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 06:54 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderM (View Post)
I would argue the character was never meant to be the Joker, but regeneration brings a lot of change.
Coming Tuesday Nov 3rd I will finally be able to view the episodes we have been discussing in here. A DvD covering the first six episodes of this season will be available for buying. I have waited a long time to see more of the new Master and see if I can tolerate her new regenerated form. Plus Davros yay!
Darvos is still cool yer im behind to
Old 11-02-2015, 12:44 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
Darvos is still cool yer im behind to
Nice to know Im not the only one that is behind in his viewing. That makes me feel somewhat better.
CommanderM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 06:03 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderM (View Post)
Nice to know Im not the only one that is behind in his viewing. That makes me feel somewhat better.
im behind cause they are 2 parter its easier to watch one episode rather than watch one and wait cause by the time i sit to watch it the 2nd episode will be airing in 2 days so my sisters and i decide to wait and well that snow balls on
Old 02-04-2016, 11:17 PM
Elite Fan

Some reviewer actually complained about that classroom scene saying it painted black people in a bad light by having it be a black kid who was chewing gum. It seemed like half the kids at Coal Hill are black. And that kid wasn't in trouble. It's not like that racist incident that happened here in the States. All Clara did was have him (and there were a lot of other gum pieces in that bucket so a lot of the students had done it too) spit out his gum. I thought he was adorable.

They also complained that Kate wasn't more polite to that other UNIT woman. It's like all they can see is race. Kate was the one in charge. That is how leaders of organizations talk to their employees. Do they not remember how that woman (who was black) in Planet of the Dead talked to the people below her in rank?

Imagine being as boss as Clara. You walk into a room and the President gets a "call you back later." Or imagine being Kate and boss enough to hang up on the President.

Davros really had me believing him when he said "We've established one thing. You're not a good doctor." That is one of the saddest funniest truest moments in the entire series.

I really loved both actors who played Davros in the two parter. Child Davros and dying Davros.

Child Davros reminded me a little of a young Theon Greyjoy (Game of Thrones).

Only The Doctor would end up saving the lives of Hitler & Davros.

"Vortex manipulators: cheap and nasty time travel" = BEST TAGLINE EVER

I was waiting for Clara to say she's used one before (The day of the Doctor) but then Missy probably already knew about it since she'd been watching The Doctor & Clara for years.

I think the sonic shades were a metaphor. The Doctor was subconsciously remembering in reverse how he would soon go back to having a perception filter in place when he looks at Clara and not be able to fully remember her. Notice when it is in full effect after the neural blocker, he is back to using a sonic screwdriver. Clara takes the sonic shades because she's the one who will have to stay away from him. I heard he got another pair of sonic shades to go with his sonic screwdriver in the Christmas episode, I'll explain that as him realizing who the waitress was and to an extent doing what Clara is doing, forcing himself to stay away.
Old 02-05-2016, 05:08 AM
Moderator Support Team

I loved how davros was in this episode his a great character
Reply   Post New Thread