Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2016, 03:02 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
I loved how davros was in this episode his a great character
Im on the fence with how he was portrayed this time around. I am a Davros fan but I really think if he is going to be dying then they should keep to that and not have it just be another of his traps.
Plus I didnt like him blaming the Doctor for something that happened a millenia ago on Skaro when he (Davros) has done far worse.
CommanderM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 04:27 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderM (View Post)
Im on the fence with how he was portrayed this time around. I am a Davros fan but I really think if he is going to be dying then they should keep to that and not have it just be another of his traps.
Plus I didnt like him blaming the Doctor for something that happened a millenia ago on Skaro when he (Davros) has done far worse.
true i think i was shocked that they took this root with his character .. the actor still is amazing as him though
Summer Falls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 10:23 AM
Absolute Fan

Oh without a doubt the actor is brilliant in the part! I just prefer the past when Davros was not playing it like he was vulnearable and had his Daleks around him doing his bidding even if they really served the Supreme Dalek.
Old 02-07-2016, 05:41 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Oh without a doubt the actor is brilliant in the part! I just prefer the past when Davros was not playing it like he was vulnearable and had his Daleks around him doing his bidding even if they really served the Supreme Dalek.
true he was more of a strong charater
Old 02-15-2016, 12:04 PM
Absolute Fan

Especially if he is supposed to be the Doctor's archenemy.
I guess I just expected more.
Old 02-15-2016, 06:09 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Especially if he is supposed to be the Doctor's archenemy.
I guess I just expected more.
True i do agree with that. . They could of done it better they set it up so well the ending well could of been better
Old 02-16-2016, 12:04 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
True i do agree with that. . They could of done it better they set it up so well the ending well could of been better
And another thing I dont get is why the episode and its 2nd part are named the way that they are. WHat does Davros have to do with magicians, their apprentices and witches and their familiars? I actually think the Doctor may be the magician and Clara the apprentice, but again, it doesnt fit the story for me.
Old 02-16-2016, 06:18 PM
Elite Fan

I think the titles were genius.

The magician is the Doctor and the apprentice is both Clara & Davros.

The Doctor has been referred to as a magician at least a dozen times throughout the series, probably more.

In the season 9 premiere Clara was still an apprentice but by the season 9 finale, she has become a magician. She is immortal with her own tardis and companion.

The Doctor asked, "Davros made the daleks, but who made Davros?" He originally thought he left Davros on that battlefield and that was the moment that turned Davros to the dark side. That he took an Anakin Skywalker and turned him into a Darth Vader.

The witch is Missy and the familiar is Clara but the witch is also Clara with the familiar being the Doctor.

Remember the Doctor introduced Missy as "the evil stepmother" and in a lot of fairytales, that character archetype is often a witch. A witch is to a magician what a Time Lady (The Mistress) is to a Time Lord (The Doctor).

What do evil stepmothers do in fairytales? They are jealous of the young female protagonist and plot to hurt her. Which is what Missy has felt and has done since the realization that the Doctor would murder her just to appease Clara.

Familiars are often animals and in The magician's apprentice Missy referred to Clara as a "puppy" and in The witch's familiar Missy referred to Clara as a "canary".

In Death in heaven, Missy indicated The Doctor was Clara's dog. "The control freak and the man who should never be controlled. You'd go to hell if she asked. And she would. Hear that sound (Clara calling)? That's the sound of your chain being yanked. Heel, Doctor."
Old 02-17-2016, 05:28 AM
Moderator Support Team

^ nice thats such a great answer again i wouldnt of though of that
Old 01-22-2018, 08:54 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

That line from Missy is one of my favorites
One Thing Remains is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread