Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-25-2007, 09:32 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
In holland it's a huuugeee eating holiday. We start eating in the morning and don't stop until we explode

Yeah its the same here--only we start the eating at lunch
So true

Quote:
Today I eat like I have never seen food before

Quote:
Our walk today lasted 3,5 hours!!!
Wow So I guess you won´t have weight problems after the holidays

avi by lore_85
Old 12-25-2007, 02:59 PM
Moderator Support Team

hey you all

lol I will have weight problems for sure but I already got an offer from a friend to.. "Work on that" crazy guy.. of course I said no

I ate so much today.. and on top of that I ate ice cream.. and lagnese has a new sort and it tasted absolutely heavenly

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 12-25-2007, 04:04 PM
Master Fan

Oh my god. I just got back from our christmas dinner.

We started at 7 and I didn't have my main dinner until 10.30 We had like 7 different meals I'm about to explode. But it was very very good!

I'm only going to heaven if it tastes like caramel
Old 12-26-2007, 02:12 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
and on top of that I ate ice cream.. and lagnese has a new sort and it tasted absolutely heavenly
Aww ice cream.

Quote:
We had like 7 different meals. I'm about to explode.
That´s a lot. You better sit still for the rest of the day. Every little move could cause the explosion.

I have a plan for today. I won´t eat . But I think my plan will only last until lunch. I see a lot of running in my near future...

avi by lore_85
Old 12-26-2007, 03:30 AM
Elite Fan

Hi everybody!
Katka- thanks for the explanations! Really intresting!
OMG I ate so much yesterday... my uncle made like 11 starters... and then all the other courses!
I'm kinda glad it's over.
icon: Permanent_99
Old 12-26-2007, 04:15 AM
Master Fan

Hello!

Tell me why I'm such a chicken! Seriously the opportunity for my biggest dream has come. Go to New York. And now I'm chickening out. I signed myself up at some au pair websites and I replied to some families in New York and now I got an email from a family near New York (Port Jervis, only 2 hours away from NY), and they want me as their au pair for the summer holidays. And it's a really cute family if you see the pics. And the kids also look very cute. But they emailed me that they wanted my phone number so they could call me tomorrow. And that's what I think is so scary. Cause my pronounciation is so bad. Well, not very bad but it ain't my best thing either If we would just email back and forth and then I had to go to NY, there wouldn't be a problem. Cause for some reason going there and then talking english wouldn't be such a big deal for me. I wouldn't find that very scary for some reason.
And now I don't know what to do. Maybe I'll just email the family with an honest reply, that I'd love to come to NY and be their au pair, but I'm not too fond of the calling, that I find that scary or so. I don't know, maybe they get that? It's better than doing nothing and let the opportunity slip away, right? What do you think?

Old 12-26-2007, 04:41 AM
Master Fan

anyone still hungry?

I woke up with a headache today again took my pills and a long bath and now I'm reading my new book. I guess it will be done before the new year starts.

DeniseI think you should talk to them on the phone. They won't bite. And they know that Enligh isn't youor first language, don't chicken out and don't solve this over emails. You'll see once you're talking on the phone your fear will be forgotten.
I wouln't think about it for a minute. You can give them my phone number.

Quote:
lol I will have weight problems for sure but I already got an offer from a friend to.. "Work on that" crazy guy.. of course I said no
nice

Sigh why does my grandma has her birthday today? I still have no present cause she wants nothing, I think I have to satrt to be crafty again. And all that food in front of me, as if I wouldn't have eaten the last days.
Old 12-26-2007, 04:46 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
DeniseI think you should talk to them on the phone. They won't bite. And they know that Enligh isn't youor first language, don't chicken out and don't solve this over emails. You'll see once you're talking on the phone your fear will be forgotten.
I wouln't think about it for a minute. You can give them my phone number.
I'm so scared And calling is so expansive. I'll just email them and ask if we could email for a while first and when I know them better we could call. Or so. Then I'd feel more comfortable or so.

I don't know and it's so much to consider. I don't know if I'm homesick or not. And I have to give up my job. Well I'll just ask if we could email first and I'll ask at work on friday and we'll just see

And Ele: Don't eat too much then. I think you'll explode otherwise

Old 12-26-2007, 04:48 AM
Master Fan

Denise - definetely let them call you!!! don´t worry about it. My roommate at dorm used to had such a call from one family from England and her english wasn´t that good but the call went smoothly and she became their au pair for summer. They won´t hurt you over the phone;-) and they need to hear you.

Old 12-26-2007, 05:21 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I'm so scared And calling is so expansive. I'll just email them and ask if we could email for a while first and when I know them better we could call. Or so. Then I'd feel more comfortable or so.
chick let them call you if they offer
Old 12-26-2007, 05:44 AM
Passionate Fan

Denise ... what Ele and Katka said - I second that.

avi by lore_85
Old 12-26-2007, 06:39 AM
Master Fan

I know But I'm too scared Why am I always like this

Old 12-26-2007, 07:55 AM
Elite Fan

Denise- that's the opportunity of a lifetime!! You know how many things could just start off from that?? Come on, let them call you... and after all, they'll help you with your English, and you could teach the kids some Dutch!
Old 12-26-2007, 08:16 AM
Master Fan

I emailed them, that I'd like to email a bit first to get to know each other and call after a while I'm such a chick I know it's so stupid. Why do I always have to be scared But calling always scares me. Even if I for example have to call a company cause an order or whatever went wrong, it already scares me I hate calling
But well, maybe they'll understand

Old 12-26-2007, 11:54 AM
Elite Fan

Well, let's see what they answer, maybe they're fine with emails for a while.
I'm so tired of studying. And I've just started today. Duh.