Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2004, 03:42 PM
Absolute Fan

The new SG1 episode didn't do much for me, and yeah, it wasn't just the wobbly broadcasting issues. I mean, the plot was practically the same as Entity/Broca Divide... I wanted to see an Asgaurd or a Replicator running around! I guess it was way too hard to follow up to the season opener, which was just damn fantastic. I didn't see why Daniel needed to get shot three times, and the Russian guy annoyed me a little... okay, a lot. All the team moments were perfect though, nice to see their interaction hasn't lost it's touch Still. it was a pretty tame episode. I guess they're holding off most of the good plots, saving the best for last... yadda, yadda, yadda. They know what they're doing, I trust em.

I was spoiled, so I knew the Atlantis/SG1 eps would have similar plots... Atlantis surprised me though. There was a definite urgency through the entire episode, but they kept it lighthearted the entire way through. MacKay is now my great Canadian hero, I love him He's such a coward, but knows when to kick the bravado up a notch, only the Stargate writers could have come up with a character like him No complaints about the plot, the conversation carried it through really well, probably because we've been introduced to so many new characters. I don't get who's in control sometimes. Weir's in charge, but sometimes it's like Sheppard makes all the decisions. I guess it's security thing. Sheppard's great though ... love that he brings the honest Earthly quality to the show.

.: l LJ l :. .: l Icon Journal l :.

"Most people bring a coffee- he brought a ******* machine gun!"

Old 07-24-2004, 04:18 PM
Passionate Fan

I thought SG-1 ep was really slow. I was wanting some of what we saw in the season opener... oh well, maybe next weeks will be better...

I didn't care for Atlantis ep. I liked the doctor, he was good... but I didn't like how the DR. Weir was saying he was a coward.. I didn't see her going up and doing things on her own. Sorry, for some reason I have a problem with Weir. She is boring to me, maybe she will be better in later eps.

Poor Daniel, being shot.. sniff sniff....
Him saying... Who shot me

Suzanne
Old 07-25-2004, 12:44 AM
Part-Time Fan

I hate being a season behind!! I so want to be seeing this season of Stargate, and to see Atlantis at all. They better syndicate it when the time comes!!

I entered the get in the gate sweepstakes as well. I entered it last year too, but you gotta take the chance. There aren't many actors I adore who also happen to share my birthday, but Michael Shanks is more than enough to keep me happily obsessed!!
Old 07-25-2004, 07:20 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Sugi*
The new SG1 episode didn't do much for me, and yeah, it wasn't just the wobbly broadcasting issues. I mean, the plot was practically the same as Entity/Broca Divide...
I thought it was a bit lame, too. Ok, not every episode can be equally good. Guess we have to endure a few lapses in quality. Happens in every other show as well. I think we just noticed since the season premiere had been such a great eppy. Besides SG1 is in its eight season already. There isnīt a lot of plot left for them (writers/producers) to explore...which leaves me wondering how the show is going to end.

Something from SG1 season 8 premiere bothered me. Forgot to mention it last time I was around and ranted like a maniac.
Carterīs promotion. She was promoted twice in the last years and we got to play witnesses to both of her promotion ceremonies, which is why I feel this is getting old . Anyway, what about Jack. He got promoted, too. I, for one, would have liked to see a Jack promotion scene. Perhaps we could have had Hammond doing the honors and giving Jack a bit of advise on how to handle the SGC staff...I know, it sounds awfully sappy. Sue me...I miss good old George. *sniff*
Well, thatīs about it. I just missed that on the show.

Quote:

MacKay is now my great Canadian hero, I love him He's such a coward, but knows when to kick the bravado up a notch, only the Stargate writers could have come up with a character like him No complaints about the plot, the conversation carried it through really well, probably because we've been introduced to so many new characters. I don't get who's in control sometimes. Weir's in charge, but sometimes it's like Sheppard makes all the decisions. I guess it's security thing. Sheppard's great though ... love that he brings the honest Earthly quality to the show.
McKay is just great. I him. Ok, I have a genral soft spot for the SG geeks. And Doc Beckett is another favourite of mine. Iīm glad he also appeared in the last Atlantis episode. Makes me feel all warm inside...or maybe itīs just the spiked coffee that makes me feel that way. Beckett and McKay just crack me up.Their interaction is really a highlight of the show so far.
Loved the scene with Sheppard trowing McKay from...that balcony thing. McKay is just the hero. I think he has a lot of potential and I canīt wait to see his character geting more shape.

Somehow I donīt like Ford, Teeyla and Weir so much. And the Wraith are...so,so...not nice.Uh, you know what I mean..theyīre no snake heads. They donīt have the same charming psychopath qualities you look for in a mortal enemy.
Old 07-25-2004, 11:19 AM
Absolute Fan

Ne-fehr-ious, go download the episodes!

Stef, I also wanted to see Hammond making an appearance... I totally didn't get what Chevron guy was doing up there, rattling off Carter's achievements. I think Jack was recognized well enough for the promotion, he had the big walk-in and everything. Just like him to shift the attention off himself and onto Carter

About their 'new' plots... I love that they sometimes throw back to really early episodes, it helps with the continuity, but to develop a new concept from something they've already done just doesn't work for me. Still, they've been coming up with mostly new stuff for the past... hundred and fifty something episodes, so I love them for whatever they do.

Hell yeah, McKay/Beckett are going to have some good scenes, they got that humor dynamic going. I loved the part where Sheppard said he shot McKay in the leg! Then pushing him off the balcony... heehee. They're super cute.

I didn't see any of that playfullness in Ford that we saw in Rising. I'm sure it's still there though, once they form the... uh... 'SGA-1 team' they'll get the right blend of characters together. I think we'll see more of what they're really like. Everyone seems to dislike Teyla, I guess it's because she seems to be the perfect female alien? I'm keeping an open mind with her... really don't need a Lana-clone on SGA. I want to see her geared up, with a gun in her hands, and have her make a few mistakes. That'll loosen her up I think. When the writers first started with Carter, she was the stereotypical feminist, who was perfect with everything, but that changed. Maybe the same will happen with Teyla?

Ah, Weir. I like her on the show just because I *love* hearing the way Beckett says her name, rolling that R. Docta Weirrrrr.

I threw together a SGA wp if anyone's interested... don't look if you don't want to be spoiled

Last edited by *Sugi*; 07-25-2004 at 11:26 AM
Old 07-25-2004, 12:30 PM
Addicted Fan

Wraith?

Color me jaded, but Buffy ends, Angel ends, and the new Big Bad on Stargate Atlantis is...

Space Vampires ?!?

Original, isn't it.
Old 07-25-2004, 12:57 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:

Stef, I also wanted to see Hammond making an appearance...
Yeah, I really donīt like the way he left the show as a regular character. Hope we get to see a few guest appearances.

Quote:

I totally didn't get what Chevron guy was doing up there
Chevron Guy Thank you. That just made my day. Letīs keep that nickname. I canīt seem to remember all the names of the SG staff and Chevron guy sums it up perfectly. Do we know the name of the SGA chevron guy? I mean heīs had a few lines in the 3 eps weīve seen so far. More lines than SG1 chevron guy ever had...as far as I can remember.

Quote:

Ah, Weir. I like her on the show just because I *love* hearing the way Beckett says her name, rolling that R. Docta Weirrrrr.
The rolling R is just too cute. Iīm a fan of scottish accents. But Iīm a bad girl...Iīve already nicknamed Doc Weir in Dr. Weird. *snicker* Lalalalaaaa

Quote:

I threw together a SGA wp if anyone's interested... don't look if you don't want to be spoiled
Sugi. Thatīs great. The pics blend in just great together. Love the pic of Rodney with the gun. A Canadian in space..with a gun...the Wraith donīt stand a chance. Go Rodney,go Rodney.

Reggie I didnīt really think about the new SGA big bad in that connection. Looks like Vamps on tv are popular...however/wherever they appear.
Old 07-25-2004, 02:10 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by scorpio
A Canadian in space..with a gun...the Wraith donīt stand a chance.
Holy frozen bad guys, if we had a board, that would be the perfect thread title for McKay!

Poor Chevron guy, it's so sad nobdy at the SGC knows his name. Walter Davis just isn't as catchy as 'Chevron guy'. SG1 had someone else named Davis, he was a major... and they have two guys named Simmons. It's hard keeping them all straight. Did Atlantis have a Chevron guy too? The British one? I can't remember, I think I may have been fixated on Sheppard at the time. Mmm... Sheppard. I hope he brought enough hair product with him to last the rest of the season.

So is Beckett Scottish? I was having such a tough time figuring out the accent. Great to have 'em representing their countries, makes sense since Stargate gets broadcasted pretty much everywhere.

Reggie, they're not blood suckers though... they're life suckers. The special effects would be cooler. Then again they do have the pale skin thing... why can't we ever have good-looking bad guys?

It only took 2 episodes for someone to come up with Dr. Weird. It's almost as bad a Repli-Carter. Very nice Stef

Old 07-25-2004, 02:23 PM
Passionate Fan

Someoneīs got it baaad for Major Hair,um, Sheppard,huh,Sugi?

Quote:
Holy frozen bad guys, if we had a board, that would be the perfect thread title for McKay!
Donīt worry, weīll get our Stargate board soon.Remember this title until then.
Itīs kinda strange that Stargate hasnīt got its own board yet. I mean it *is* a popular show, right? Well, letīs hope for the best with the additional support of SGA now...

That Major with the name 'Davies' was that Pentagon guy...Paul, I think was his first name. He was nice enough. A helpful guy.

Quote:

So is Beckett Scottish? I was having such a tough time figuring out the accent. Great to have 'em representing their countries, makes sense since Stargate gets broadcasted pretty much everywhere.
I read that heīs a Scot in his profile on Gateworld.net. I like it that we get to see a few homemade aliens from earth this time around ....so far weīve SGA members from Canada,Scotland...

Repli-Carter? I didnīt know that one.

Who do you guys think will become the 4th member of SG1? I wish they would have Jonas return.
Old 07-25-2004, 06:19 PM
Passionate Fan

I liked the interaction between McKay and the Doc. I shot him in the leg LOL.. Now I can see them having a friendship, but it will be sarcastic and funny...
Ford is the guy that in the first ep. he jump backwards in the gate??
If it is... I don't like him, theres just something about him I don't like.

Dr. Weir... Like I sad, don't like her right now... but I will make a final judgement after I've seen this season..

Suzanne
Old 07-26-2004, 02:43 PM
Passionate Fan

Hola

*sigh* Can you tell that Iīm bored? Well, I am. And in typical 'Stef is bored' manner Iīm going to decorate this thread a bit...

Pucker Up Ladies and Gentlemen for the highly able Dr. J:

Oh, and hereīs something hilarious for you. A Blooper from the SG1 episode Solitudes, that eppy where Sam and Jack are stranded in the Arctic Ice and they think theyīll die...well, hereīs the link: http://www.thegekkocharmer.net/bloopersolitudes.wmv . Itīs about 1 mb... and itīs so worth downloading. Trust me.

later,

Last edited by scorpio; 07-26-2004 at 02:49 PM
Old 07-26-2004, 04:46 PM
Absolute Fan

Squee!

It's Danny, very cute

Ha, I remember that blooper, it was awesome. They showed it in an interview AT did one time.

Old 07-26-2004, 05:29 PM
Elite Fan

Oh my, I leave for a day, and look what happens.....*cackle*

and for my opinion....Space Vampires rock!

And I thought I would end up getting withdrawls with no buffyverse.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 07-26-2004, 06:52 PM
Passionate Fan

Hi there All

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh Daniel
You can kiss me anytime you want

I was watching a rerun on SciFi and it was called The Fifth Man it was done in 2001.
It showed a walkie talkie up close and it said.. Made In Tyler, Texas USA
I am so like OMG thats where I'm from... that was so cool and the alien was pretending to be a soldier and he named himself Tyler and he was from Texas.. it was to funny... I was like woah a big show knows my home town.. hehehehehe

Suzanne
Old 07-27-2004, 07:16 PM
Passionate Fan

Hello All... Hope everyone is enjoying Tuesday Night Stargate Atlantis

Suzanne