Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2019, 08:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I kinda followed what was going on in the comic books, but it's just not the same as the TV show for me, so there are elements that I take from the comic books that are canon in my mind, but I just ignore pretty much everything else

The Angel/Connor moments are definitely the ones that I count as canon though
Old 03-23-2019, 09:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ The parts of the comics I enjoyed was the Connor part! because it's stuff I would had love to have seen on the show. Especially when everyone got to go to Connor's hell dimension to truly see how he was brought up in the world!

It would've been a good storyline because it truly would've made the audience understand Connor's hatred for demons/vampires when he first came to the series.
Old 03-23-2019, 01:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

That would have been interesting, the audience definitely needed to see Connor's perspective more, & I think it would have been good for the characters too. I mean, look at how much Fred's time in Pylea affected her, & Quor'toth is meant to be so much more - & Connor grew up there. It wasn't where he lost a couple years of his life, it was most of his life
Old 03-23-2019, 11:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes I know
Old 03-31-2019, 07:03 AM
Elite Fan

Well put, Sophie
It's taken me all this time to find out what I need
Old 04-09-2019, 04:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
That would have been interesting, the audience definitely needed to see Connor's perspective more, & I think it would have been good for the characters too. I mean, look at how much Fred's time in Pylea affected her, & Quor'toth is meant to be so much more - & Connor grew up there. It wasn't where he lost a couple years of his life, it was most of his life
Somehow, the writers didn't seem to think they had the time for that.
Old 04-24-2019, 07:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Yeah, I don't think the writers put at much into his storyline as they should have done
Old 04-24-2019, 08:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ They didn't and they dragged Connor's character into their BTS nonsense.

However to defend them, I believe if they had more seasons than things would've changed and Connor would've been viewed as one of the most improved developed characters of the series...
Old 04-24-2019, 09:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

They shouldn't have had Connor be dragged into all of that.
Old 05-03-2019, 02:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

No, I can understand why the actor got frustrated with his storyline

I agree that if the writers had more seasons that they would have done more with him, maybe he even could have become a regular again...
Old 05-03-2019, 04:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Sophie, you'll be happy at what I saw a few days ago!
Someone was disliking everything about Connor and a whole bunch of fans were defending Connor.

Basically saying that he's been brainwashed... it was during his season 4 storyline. How he was manipulated his whole life...

And I completely agree.... because I'll speak for myself, when I watched ATS live for the first time... Connor was my least favorite character. Until season 5 when I finally grew to love him! and I'd like to remind everyone that I was a teenager so I feel I wasn't thinking of the whole picture.

When I re-watch, I see things with Connor different.
He grew up with Holtz... a person who loathe his mother and father and pretty much brainwashed him into hating them!
And than again... when he had a chance to be good, he got manipulated from Evil!Cordy!

So basically Connor's who life was a brainwashing circle! Which is why I felt a mind reset he got at the end of season 4 was needed!

In season 4, what Connor did was terrible but Cordy was like his mother or should've been like one and she pretty much took advantage of a teenager who knew no better!

People even forget in season 3, when he returned as an adult, he didn't know much about what humans do and how they do it and it was this woman teaching him...
Old 05-04-2019, 04:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

That is awesome, hopefully people's views have changed on Connor now & they understand it a bit more. I mean, if people still don't like him that's fine - it just bugs me when they don't actually understand him & hate on him mindlessly.

I feel like the Cordy/Connor thing in s4 was pretty much child grooming. Yes, Connor was 18, but he never had a relationship before, & had never even had an example of a healthy relationship in his life. He had no idea what was right or wrong. The only person he trusted was Cordy, who was pretty much in a position of power over him & Jasmine took advantage of that to manipulate & abuse him. Sounds a lot like abuse to me. He's a victim, not a villain
Old 05-04-2019, 11:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ And that's where I gotta put my head down and admit that I was one of those people. He really was the most irritating character that I ever watched from the Angel/Buffy series ... no one worst than Kennedy but he just got on my nerve.

It really took season 5 and truly watch again to view things differently. Now I'm more so his defender while also still disliking the stories I saw for him.

But yeah he was pretty much a victim from manipulation.
Old 05-04-2019, 09:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

I never found Connor irritating. I started out as neutral on him and then liked him. He had a rough childhood like Faith did. The only characters who irritate me now are Cordelia, Harmony, Rona, Seasons 5&6 Dawn, and Season 6 Willow.
Old 05-05-2019, 10:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ I don't even see Faith and Connor alike.
I don't even compare Connor to really anyone.

Connor literally grew up in a hell dimension, Quor-Toth with a man (Holtz) who hated his parents and pretty much brainwashed Connor into believing everything bad about vampires, demons and especially his father Angel.
It's why when Connor as an teenager returned to earth, he was just about destroying anything demon and believing anyone human was good, which was not true at all.

I felt the only one who truly could relate to Connor's pain was Fred, which was why Fred was always the one more soften towards Connor than the others. She spent years in the Pylea world so she knew first hand what places like that did to a person. So she sympathize with him in a way that no one else quite did.

I actually would have loved to see more with Fred/Connor to be quite honest.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread