Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-01-2011, 06:44 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
The way I imagine it was, P/K were spending time together cause he could have been helping her change her name and one late night at the office lead to another
I don't think the help he gave her required long hours at the office. Whatever it was (and I know we won't get anything more so it's all guess work), it probably had to do with influence more than with actual work.

I don't see Kalinda sleeping with someone because she was so grateful. I can see her manipulating someone into helping her by having sex with them, definitely but gratitude? That's taking it a little far, considering the character imo.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 11-02-2011, 06:28 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
I don't see Kalinda sleeping with someone because she was so grateful. I can see her manipulating someone into helping her by having sex with them, definitely but gratitude? That's taking it a little far, considering the character imo.
I agree with you, I guess we'll never have further information about this, unless Kalinda decides to go back on the subject and tell everything to Alicia, but even so, what's your opinion on this? Why did he use the word "blameless" when referring to Kalinda? Was it random ?
Old 11-02-2011, 03:21 PM
Extreme Fan

I said below , i overanalyzed the blameless as well:in the absence of other info , that we will probably never get...
I think Kikis is most logical ...all Peter meant was that she was "blameless" because she did not know alicia at the time...
Quote:
think Peter knew they were friends, and wanted to make it clear that the betrayal was not really with her best friend NOW, it was with a woman who didn't know her then.

I have to say it implied more... but what Kiki thinks has logic to it...
Old 11-02-2011, 06:13 PM
Elite Fan

I really wished they would have gave us more, just a little more background. Maybe if the show gets renewal, years from now they will go back to that

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 11-02-2011, 06:37 PM
Extreme Fan

KIki..LOL!!! you are funny...so true...

I do think the show will get renewed... they have now invested in 3 seasons, and they really need 5 for syndication... so I think they are committed to that, unless the show totally tanks...
which I do NOT think it will... because as we have said all along, it has developed a pretty loyal stable fan base!
Old 11-02-2011, 11:03 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Why did he use the word "blameless" when referring to Kalinda? Was it random ?
It sounded pretty random to throw words like that in the middle of a heated argument with your wife who just kicked you out, I mean. Nobody is blameless in situations like these. Some are excusable perhaps, but blameless?

I guess what he meant was it had nothing to do with Kalinda being her best friend since she didn't know her at the time.
Even if she had slept with him out of "gratitude" (oh Gosh how I hate that concept, it's so victorian! ), she would still not be blameless.
If he had raped her, then yeah, blameless. But surely that's not what happened so

Old 11-03-2011, 11:51 AM
Extreme Fan

think we are agreed it was random..., or the explanation we have agreed on...Peter just sayin she was blameless bec Alicia was not her friend THEN..
But frustrating...because we will probably never know the background... That is the part that really bugs us... writers I think, would say there is no point to revealing the background... .the act was to break up P/A once and for all, and A/K to add a big angst scenario...so it fulfilled its use...

I am still chewing over alicia's line "say something to make you love me again"... I read ( or wanted to read more into it) but I am told it was alicia being spiteful, adn given what she thinks of PEter , think this is true...

But this does validate to me a problem with the show that we have discussed elsewhere ...since viewers are "into " the characters... they want to the background, result etc...and it is normally dropped....
Old 11-03-2011, 05:14 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I guess what he meant was it had nothing to do with Kalinda being her best friend since she didn't know her at the time
Right thats all I can think about, cause it seriously like you said doesn't make much sense really. Even if she didn't know A, doesn't mean that was she didn't wasn't wrong. So yea I am just gonna go with what I think it meant, cause not sure the writers really knew what they meant when they used "blameless" unless of course Peter wants to protect himself by from something bigger so he wants less focus on Kalinda.

Quote:
I am still chewing over alicia's line "say something to make you love me again"... I read ( or wanted to read more into it) but I am told it was alicia being spiteful, adn given what she thinks of PEter , think this is true...
Alicia was angry, she really didn't mean to tell her something. It was kind of a mocking tone, like there is nothing you can really say. It was such a great scene.

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 11-10-2011, 11:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Some pictures and a brief report from the set of Titanic in Dublin

Titanic: Blood & Steel Gallery

Video, Ten TV, Trailers, Premiers, Exclusives, Interviews & More - RT Ten
Old 11-10-2011, 02:17 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Det.Logan (View Post)
OMG! he looks so funny with that mustache

--- Alicia Florrick

Last edited by Kiki17; 11-10-2011 at 02:25 PM
Old 11-10-2011, 10:00 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks Laila. I was reading about this just a couple of days ago and wondering when we'd get promo material

Old 11-18-2011, 06:05 PM
Addicted Fan

I found myself asking me, what's does the future holds for Peter's character?! What's the point. Is there a purpose?

I liked watching him with Diane, but besides that, nothing really.... nothing with Eli, Alicia, Childs.... some small fire with Will... nothing really important with Cary these last few episodes...
Old 11-18-2011, 07:39 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I found myself asking me, what's does the future holds for Peter's character?! What's the point. Is there a purpose?
I don't know. I think they wanted to do big things with Peter and they just made a mistake casting the part. Chris is a good actor, and charismatic, just the kind of guy you'd want for the show but he's not committed enough to make it work.

My guess is they are easing him out of the show and it should happen by the end of the season or next if there is one.

It's not as if they needed him for a villain. Hell, they could have had him lose the election and keep Childs on and there wouldn't have been a single difference in the show as it is now

Old 11-18-2011, 09:49 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It's not as if they needed him for a villain. Hell, they could have had him lose the election and keep Childs on and there wouldn't have been a single difference in the show as it is now
I know right! I thought the point of having him win would have been was to add a certain dynamic between him and Alicia in court, and all we have gotten has been one episode of this? But like you said, if that wasn't the point then why not just keep Childs there who seemed to have a more flexible schedule.

Quote:
Chris is a good actor, and charismatic, just the kind of guy you'd want for the show but he's not committed enough to make it work.
I agree, I think CN was a great choice, he really fits well into Peter. But if they really wanted to do more with Peter, they should have casted an another that had a more flexible schedule. (of course there is always the argument that Peter was always suppose to be a very small role but because of CN they expanded it a bit )

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 11-19-2011, 04:10 PM
Extreme Fan

Chris hinted that this would be his last year...

All along... he was always clear he would not be a"regular"...he was cast as guest from the outset...with a restricted arrangement ( for the show)
Also I do not think they ever wanted the "husband" front and centre...that is logical if you think of the original premise...

Truth is though that I think producers thougth Chris would be more flex than he turned out to be... and I have to say I do love him in the part, and what can I say, his chemistry with JM, whenver we do get to see it, rare though it is...is great...

but then I am biased about both actors and I think JM can make chemistry work with just about anyone!!!! ( chris too)

Have to say I have loved some of his Will scenes, and also the one with Diane...would mind seeing more of D/P...

So mores the pity!