Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-16-2014, 04:39 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BepperGirl (View Post)
Hey BBrunetti, on OT, a couple of weeks ago, she said her grandma had slipped into a coma, so they don't know how long she has, so I'm sure she's dealing with that real life stuff. her post.
Oh i didn't see that, hope she's doing ok. thanks for the heads up!
Old 10-16-2014, 07:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I hope two things. First, I hope Fox gets the best writers because we all know what Archie can do given even a seed of genius writing. Second, I hope she learned from her situation with JM, how important it is to be a producer on your production, and made a deal for herself on this new project.
Yes. Actually I think every one in the TV business should learn from JM, I respect her for this. She should write a book, called "How to Control A Show" or "Leading Actress 101". Archie should write a book too, "Never Let Anyone Call Your Character 'Fan Favorite'". #this sounds like sarcasm, but it's not, I'm very serious#

Last edited by RyeLyn; 10-17-2014 at 06:16 AM
Old 10-17-2014, 10:13 AM
New Fan

I wish for her to just be happy and appreciate what she has. Not to dwell on the bad things or join the powerplay. That's poison.

In interviews she seems like a little happy camper. Hope she still is and just enjoys acting.
Old 10-17-2014, 04:44 PM
New Fan

I wonder what kind of TV drama Archie will headline... Hopefully something completely different to her role as Kalinda.
Old 10-17-2014, 06:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by good scottish wife (View Post)
but I think that Josh and Archie (especially Archie) are the glue that hold the show together... Just IMO.
Agree!

- Mel
Old 10-18-2014, 11:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

My thoughts on this news are too angry and hateful to post on Kiki's board. I'll respect her space and stick to Twitter/Tumblr.

Suffice it to say that I am very sad about it.
Old 10-19-2014, 09:02 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by spielerin (View Post)
I wish for her to just be happy and appreciate what she has. Not to dwell on the bad things or join the powerplay. That's poison.

In interviews she seems like a little happy camper. Hope she still is and just enjoys acting.
Regarding the idea of Archie as producer, instead of using terms like powerplay or poison, maybe try participation and self-determination. She has the respect and the clout now to be at the table when creative decisions are being made. That kind of partnership makes for a very happy camper.
Archie is an educated woman, with a degree not in drama, but in management. She's probably up to, and welcoming the challenge. She's probably chomping at the bit; she's been so under-worked for two years.

Last edited by thekalindashow; 10-19-2014 at 09:26 AM
Old 10-19-2014, 10:02 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki17 (View Post)
I have this incredible sadness hanging over me right now I just, don't know if I am going to be able to shake this one off.

I will watch whatever show Archie does, I will follow her forever.
Seems like I'm further along the stages of grief than most folks. I started grieving during 5x01 through 5x14 when I could barely find 180 seconds of Kalinda screen time per episode; when it was noticed Kalinda often played an episode with all guest cast; which was even true of her exquisite tour de force performance in 5x16. The ratings were up with Kalinda minimized. The ratings and Emmy results sealed JM's clout. I was expecting this. I was hoping for this, for Archie's relief.

Taking a stab at fic gave me the illusion I could take control for a bit and fix this mess. If anyone has read Revealing Kalinda, I thank you.

I am so excited for her future. She'll get so much more respect in her new project. I know she's going to shine. I too, will be following her.
Old 10-19-2014, 07:31 PM
Dedicated Fan

Kalinda and Lana
Old 10-23-2014, 10:42 AM
Elite Fan

OMG!!! Looks like Archie joined twitter but waiting for confirmation!!!

Just Be Happy — alhanas: Archie Panjabi is now on Twitter!!! ...

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 10-23-2014, 11:13 AM
Master Fan

Says joined March 2012, say what?
I made my icon.
Old 10-23-2014, 11:56 AM
Elite Fan

But she just tweeted, I think it might be legit!

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 10-23-2014, 04:17 PM
Elite Fan

I'm more sad than shocked at the news. When Joana saw it she said "well I guess it's official now" because somehow we'd been waiting for it.

I'm happy Kalinda was the character she was, and she still has her moments, because she brought something fresh to the show, and to female characters on tv and Archie was the reason for it.

I'm sad it came to the point where she feels she has to move on. I wish they had kept the character interesting for her and for us but I have a feeling she would have moved on at the end of her contract anyway. The industry has a very short memory and she's better off trying to milk her awards and mentions while they're still kinda fresh. One more year can make all the difference in a career and it's a smart move to call it quits now.

She left us a lot to discuss, ponder, fangirl about and she might still give us a few of those KALINDA!!!! scenes before she leaves so I'm grateful for that.
And for all the hard work and genius she poured into Kalinda, that kept me coming back, and made me look for other people who felt the same way.

Without Kalinda and Archie, I would most likely never have wandered on this board and I know my life would be poorer for it.

Quote:
I really hope that the development deal is a real thing and that Archie is going to be the star of something amazing because she is a totally compelling actress and deserves to be the leading the lady!
she deserves good projects and I have a feeling she handpicked it. A development deal is a good thing because it shows FOX is interested in her as an actress and not just casting someone with a profile for a specific part.

FOX has been known to be trigger happy in the past but since it's a development deal, they'll probably have to present her with other projects if this one doesn't go through so fingers crossed for her!

Quote:
Hopefully they'll give Kalinda a happy ending, it'll make everything less painful.
I really wonder how the show is going to deal with her loss. Not that they care much lately but between Josh and Archie, the void is growing.

Quote:
I am sooooo freekin' jazzed about this!! More Archie on my screen. Not as Kalinda -- boohoo -- but more Archie on my screen. So happy for me.
I'm excited to see her in a lead. When you see what she does with parts that would have been forgotten and discarded...

Quote:
I hope Fox gets the best writers because we all know what Archie can do given even a seed of genius writing.
this!

Quote:
Never Let Anyone Call Your Character 'Fan Favorite'". #this sounds like sarcasm, but it's not, I'm very serious#
yeah I guess sometimes it can come and bite you in the ass. But hey, if she got some karma out of it with FOX, all's well that ends well.

Quote:
Taking a stab at fic gave me the illusion I could take control for a bit and fix this mess. If anyone has read Revealing Kalinda, I thank you.
Fic is therapeutic, isn't it? and I haven't read yours yet but I am putting it on my list

Quote:
Says joined March 2012, say what?
Guess it could be her but she was just under the radar. Or maybe her agents opened it back then. I'm waiting for the little official tick and remaining cautiously optimistic. For now, what she's tweeted seems credible and she's not following the Good Wife Writers so it could be her

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 10-25-2014, 06:15 PM
New Fan

So I wonder if anybody will have the courage to ask our dear Archie, on Twitter, about her and JM's relationship? I know Archie will be very sweet and say how much she admires JM. She's too sweet to say anything bad against anyone.
Also. Does she know about all the Kalicia fanfic?
Old 10-25-2014, 11:18 PM
Master Fan

I see the verified tick!
I made my icon.