Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-24-2016, 04:40 AM
Extreme Fan

It's popular girly show. I haven't seen it so can't comment on quality.
Old 12-27-2016, 12:55 AM
Elite Fan

I've tried but I didn't see enough to hook me or even interest me after 3 episodes and it was a bit on the cheesy side for me

I finished The OA. Man, what a great mind**** of a show

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 01-04-2017, 06:35 PM
Master Fan

I started watching The Mick. Fun but stupid way to spend 20ish minutes. I'm surprised this is on Network tv. Would be perfect for Fxx.

- Mel
Old 01-09-2017, 01:43 AM
Elite Fan

Nashville started again? man, that show is never going away is it?

Old 01-17-2017, 06:32 PM
Elite Fan

Mid-season is not great so far

Tried Lemony Snicket. Wow so I guess that means Netflix reaaaally wanted to revive Pushing Daisies but Fuller was too busy or something?
It's like a bad clone, except with Neil Patrick Harris (dude, I love you but you're dangerously close to becoming a parody of yourself)

Homeland is back. The first episode was soooo boring. 80% wasted on Junkie Quinn but then again, they always had a pacing problem so I'll wait.
Guess they jumped the gun on the brand new liberal female president but I love the actress.

Sneaky Pete on Amazon is not bad though. Kinda predictable but a good watch for those who like con stories and with a great cast.

What have you guys been watching? Anything you're excited about?

Old 01-23-2017, 10:10 PM
Elite Fan

So I'm the only one watching tv anymore?

Old 01-24-2017, 04:15 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
So I'm the only one watching tv anymore?
You know me, always watching aswell, just forgot about the thread

Jos and I spent most of our time watching McLeod's Daughters. I've already seen some episodes, but not all and it's a show I shared with my mum, so I wanted him to try it. He instantly loved it, even though we both have no love for farms, or something. It's just a great drama.

As for newer shows...I'm so glad Grey's & How to get Away with Murder are back this week. Also up to date with all of the Chicago shows, aswell as Bones, Big Bang & The Good Place. Have you seen The Good Place? Holy fork, that final twist was amazing. Season 1 has been my favorite comedy of the year so far.

I'm curious to see Homeland, but we're only at S4 and we decided to save ourselves from watching until we can binge watch every season.

Oh, and we enjoy This is Us this season. Best new drama on network TV imo. It goes right in the feels most of the time. It's not as good as Brothers & Sisters, or Parenthood though, even tho the critics disagree
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 01-24-2017, 04:16 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
You know me, always watching aswell, just forgot about the thread
glad you found your way back.

Quote:
Jos and I spent most of our time watching McLeod's Daughters. I've already seen some episodes, but not all and it's a show I shared with my mum, so I wanted him to try it.
Oh I heard about tht one but never tried it. It feels like something tht could be relaxing, am I wrong? I need something relaxing right now.

Quote:
He instantly loved it, even though we both have no love for farms, or something. It's just a great drama.
Heh I'm not a huge fan of farms either but I don't mind them on tv

Quote:
As for newer shows...I'm so glad Grey's & How to get Away with Murder are back this week. Also up to date with all of the Chicago shows, aswell as Bones, Big Bang & The Good Place. Have you seen The Good Place? Holy fork, that final twist was amazing. Season 1 has been my favorite comedy of the year so far.
I don't usually check comedies because I find the characters too much of a caricature to be relatable but I'm always happy with recommendations.

Quote:
I'm curious to see Homeland, but we're only at S4 and we decided to save ourselves from watching until we can binge watch every season.
Ah I'll try not to spoil you then. I only saw the new season premiere and didn't really like it but there's room for development so I'm sure it'll get better;

Quote:
Oh, and we enjoy This is Us this season. Best new drama on network TV imo. It goes right in the feels most of the time. It's not as good as Brothers & Sisters, or Parenthood though, even tho the critics disagree
Family dramas are too one note for me but I keep hearing about this one so I may try it eventually, when Im done with my backlog of movies from Oscar season.

Old 01-25-2017, 06:54 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
glad you found your way back.

Oh I heard about tht one but never tried it. It feels like something tht could be relaxing, am I wrong? I need something relaxing right now.

Heh I'm not a huge fan of farms either but I don't mind them on tv

I don't usually check comedies because I find the characters too much of a caricature to be relatable but I'm always happy with recommendations.

Ah I'll try not to spoil you then. I only saw the new season premiere and didn't really like it but there's room for development so I'm sure it'll get better;

Family dramas are too one note for me but I keep hearing about this one so I may try it eventually, when Im done with my backlog of movies from Oscar season.
Yes, McLeod's is a really relaxing show. It's not emmy material by a long shot (plus it's an Australian show), but it's nice entertainment. Not sure it's your kind of show though, but you can always try the pilot when you have nothing to do

I'm usually not into comedies either. I like some mainstream comedies (Big Bang, HIMYM, Veep, Modern Family), but this one tops all of them, excluding maybe Veep. It's original. When you start you have to watch at least the first 3-4 episodes; the pilot can feel a bit slow.

You can talk about Homeland if you want, I am reading spoilers anyway. I like reading people's opinions of the current season. By the time we can finally watch everything I will have forgotten all about it anyway As long as I don't spoil myself when the final season airs I'm okay.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 01-25-2017, 10:34 AM
Extreme Fan

Haven't seen anything in ages as mine new TV is still broken and old one doesn't have a USB port.
I will watch OB/TGF via computer, though. This year is all about mediocrity it seems... This Is Us, La La Land. I haven't seen any of them but I'm sure I won't like them, lol.
Old 01-26-2017, 09:58 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Not sure it's your kind of show though, but you can always try the pilot when you have nothing to do
I don't really have prejudices about shows, I try everything. I guess it also depends on my frame of mind but yeah I'd love something relaxing right now.

Quote:
When you start you have to watch at least the first 3-4 episodes; the pilot can feel a bit slow.
I'll watch them all in one seating
I can never watch only one episode of comedies, they're too short.

Quote:
You can talk about Homeland if you want, I am reading spoilers anyway. I like reading people's opinions of the current season. By the time we can finally watch everything I will have forgotten all about it anyway As long as I don't spoil myself when the final season airs I'm okay.
that's awesome. I remember the most insane details sometimes and it really doesn't help when you are rewatching a movie or a show because you remember every little thing

Quote:
Haven't seen anything in ages as mine new TV is still broken and old one doesn't have a USB port.
Damn, that sucks!

Quote:
I will watch OB/TGF via computer, though.
Yeah me too. No other option here anyway

Quote:
This year is all about mediocrity it seems... This Is Us, La La Land. I haven't seen any of them but I'm sure I won't like them, lol.
I thought you wanted to try This is Us

Yeah La La Land meh, I don't know. Can't stand Puppy Face and the story is very by the numbers. I wasn't disappointed because I didn't expect anything but I thought there was going to be more to it.

Ms Sloane is such a much better movie and they didn't score a nomination. I guess the NRA has friends at the Academy too

Old 01-27-2017, 11:48 AM
Extreme Fan

I wanted but I only watch high quality shows on mine computer, opposite to TV, lol.
I watched few interesting movies though:
The Upside Of Anger.
August: Osage Country.
Have you seen them?
Old 01-28-2017, 02:44 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I wanted but I only watch high quality shows on mine computer, opposite to TV, lol.
yeah I get that

Haven't seen The Upside Of Anger despite my love for Joan Allen. I think Kevin Costner kept me away but maybe I'll check it out

August: Osage Country, I've seen. It's an interesting movie. Pretty bleak but great characters. I had seen the play before so I guess there's always a downside because adaptations are never as good as the original material.

Even Doubt was better on stage, despite the movie being pretty good.

I saw Miss Sloane with Jessica Chastain and it's very good. If it wasn't for the NRA, it would have been an Oscar nominee for sure. And Christine has like one scene but after years of network tv, she feels almost joyful saying dick and fck

Old 01-29-2017, 05:09 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
I don't really have prejudices about shows, I try everything. I guess it also depends on my frame of mind but yeah I'd love something relaxing right now.

I'll watch them all in one seating
I can never watch only one episode of comedies, they're too short.

that's awesome. I remember the most insane details sometimes and it really doesn't help when you are rewatching a movie or a show because you remember every little thing

Damn, that sucks!

Yeah me too. No other option here anyway

I thought you wanted to try This is Us

Yeah La La Land meh, I don't know. Can't stand Puppy Face and the story is very by the numbers. I wasn't disappointed because I didn't expect anything but I thought there was going to be more to it.

Ms Sloane is such a much better movie and they didn't score a nomination. I guess the NRA has friends at the Academy too
Yeah, it always depends on your frame of mind. The only show I'm always in the mood for would be Gilmore Girls. But yeah, if you need something relaxing it could be a nice contender.

Jos and I rewatch a lot of stuff. Of course once we saw a show there are some details we will not forget, but it doesn't bother us, because we always find new stuff within an episode.
Old 01-29-2017, 05:52 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
yeah I get that

Haven't seen The Upside Of Anger despite my love for Joan Allen. I think Kevin Costner kept me away but maybe I'll check it out

August: Osage Country, I've seen. It's an interesting movie. Pretty bleak but great characters. I had seen the play before so I guess there's always a downside because adaptations are never as good as the original material.

Even Doubt was better on stage, despite the movie being pretty good.

I saw Miss Sloane with Jessica Chastain and it's very good. If it wasn't for the NRA, it would have been an Oscar nominee for sure. And Christine has like one scene but after years of network tv, she feels almost joyful saying dick and fck
I like Kevin. His later roles are just not great. But it's not only his fault, but industry as whole. Males suffer from sexism too, despite what some people think. This movie is a great mix of comedy/drama.
Osage was too dark... Incest story was just too much at the end. And with Benedict Cucumbershajakch whom I loathe.
Googled Miss Sloane and cast looks good, but I'm not a fan of lead actress.
Also saw Short Term 12 with Brie Larson and Mr. Robot guy, a very good movie.