Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-14-2015, 10:37 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling
That's what baffled me too. If she had said for some reason *she* wasn't available, Archie probably wouldn't have said anything and the whole thing would have been over with the media but she had to make Archie take the blame when the information about The Fall is readily available
JM and the Kings are bumbling fools. I don't expect them to tell the truth, but they don't even know how to lie convincingly. And these people are supposed to be doing a "brilliant" show about politics. Maybe they should start by writing a better "script" for their interviews.
Old 10-15-2015, 06:17 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
That's what I don't get, why not say you won't get into it. Why did she feel the need to lie?
bad advice? I would fire my PR team if I were her

Quote:
I don't expect them to tell the truth, but they don't even know how to lie convincingly
I know, right?
1) Were they really expecting this *not* to get out? They had managed somehow to keep the media in the dark (not us ofc) for years, they had to do a very obvious split screen scene?
2) Now that it's out, were they really hoping it would just go away? Obviously they did since we didn't hear a peep out of them for months
3) Now that they know it won't just go away, their strategy is treating us like morons? That's how highly they think of their audience?

Quote:
And these people are supposed to be doing a "brilliant" show about politics. Maybe they should start by writing a better "script" for their interviews.
they need to hire back some of the writers who left when the **** hit the fan in s2 to write them a getaway

Good to see you again in these parts btw

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 10-18-2015, 06:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
bad advice? I would fire my PR team if I were her
Me too and TGW PR team too.

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 10-18-2015, 11:31 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Me too and TGW PR team too.
You'd think CBS would have gotten into it by now but they let the Kings make it worse

Old 12-03-2015, 11:18 PM
Loyal Fan

WGA TV Nominations: ‘Better Call Saul’, ‘Kimmy Schmidt’ Lead Way | Deadline

Quote:
EPISODIC DRAMA

“Explosivos” (Narcos)
Written by Andy Black; Netflix

“International Assassin” (The Leftovers)
Written by Damon Lindelof & Nick Cuse; HBO

“Mind’s Eye” (The Good Wife)
Written by Robert King & Michelle King; CBS

“Mother’s Mercy” (Game of Thrones)
Written for Television by David Benioff & D.B. Weiss; HBO

“Person to Person” (Mad Men)
Written by Matthew Weiner; AMC

“Uno” (Better Call Saul)
Written by Vince Gilligan & Peter Gould; AMC
Old 12-04-2015, 02:25 AM
Supreme Fan

At least one nomination. I wonder if TGW will see any nominations for the Golden Globes.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 12-04-2015, 10:06 AM
Elite Fan

UGH RK Ego must have grown even bigger

I don't even think that episode was all that.

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 12-06-2015, 03:21 AM
Loyal Fan

Probably no nominations in this award season, Golden globe,SAG whatever.
The storytelling and narrative of Mind's Eye was refreshing, I like it, haven't seen this in other tv shows before.
Old 12-06-2015, 03:54 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I don't even think that episode was all that.
It was just to make people say "oh that's different from the usual court case boring fare" and look, it worked but it was just another filler episode and JM's wet dream: Alicia's version of everything.

Narratively speaking, it was a failure, imo. We keep saying that since Kalinda and Alicia don't talk, we can't see what's going on inside Alicia's head. They have this one-time opportunity to let us see what's going on in there and what's going on? A lot of rambling and Alicia-centric version of other people
Feelings? Wait... Alicia had feelings? Never mind.

Quote:
The storytelling and narrative of Mind's Eye was refreshing, I like it, haven't seen this in other tv shows before.
It was different from the show's usual, I'll give you that, but it wasn't anything new. It was more like a collection of dream sequences than anything enlightening about the character.

As for the direction, it's much better than the writing, and probably deserving of nominations. Now if RK just gave up pretending he's a writer and just directs, that would be a great move.

Old 12-07-2015, 08:20 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
We keep saying that since Kalinda and Alicia don't talk, we can't see what's going on inside Alicia's head
One of the biggest cop-out to me in that episode. It was just not good. And I did like the Will stuff, because I did like the idea of moving on, but then it was mixed with the Johny bull****, like please

Quote:
Now if RK just gave up pretending he's a writer and just directs, that would be a great move.
Word.

ETA

As if having another show wasn't already enough:

http://deadline.com/2015/12/vatican-...on-1201652322/

--- Alicia Florrick

Last edited by Kiki17; 12-07-2015 at 08:55 AM
Old 12-07-2015, 07:12 PM
Loyal Fan

Blind Item Drama Series: Love Story and Old Plot — New Heartbreak | TVLine

Quote:
Nevertheless, a big-time love hangover is bearing down on a veteran network drama series — and its arrival may produce aftershocks that extend to each and every player in the tangled web of relationships around which it revolves. In other words, an old plot thread that loomed large in the development of one of TV’s most popular contemoprary love stories — one we assumed was long dead and buried — will be reawakened in the very near future.

We’ve learned that while the health of the couple at the center of the maelstrom probably won’t hinge on this visit from the Ghost of Story Arcs Past, there will almost certainly be carnage once the truth comes out within the series’ next few installments.

While it’s hard to see how the exit door won’t slap the behind of the guiltiest party in this morality play once his or her bad acts come to light, there could be an upside — come Emmy season.

OK, now for a few hints:
♦ The fallout is almost certainly going to have ugly consequences for another less-established union.
♦ But will a former recurring character and/or series regular say “Hello”?
♦ We’re not going to offer any words of comfort to fandoms previously sent spiraling by TVLine Blind Items. (Where would the fun be in that?)
The majority guess it refers to GA. A few think it's TGW.My first guess was TGW as well when I read "a veteran network drama series "," its arrival may produce aftershocks that extend to each and every player in the tangled web of relationships around which it revolves. "
It mentioned Emmy season. Alan hinted there would be a big thing happening in 7.10 related with an plot seasons ago.it feels a little fishy.
what do you think?

Last edited by sunshinedan; 12-07-2015 at 07:17 PM
Old 12-08-2015, 02:25 PM
Elite Fan

That Blind item without a doubt is about The Good Wife.

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 12-09-2015, 03:00 AM
Supreme Fan

Could be TGW. Could also be GA, or any other show. My personal guess is still on GA
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 12-09-2015, 07:41 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy (View Post)
Could be TGW. Could also be GA, or any other show. My personal guess is still on GA
Have you seen the promo for this weeks? Also all the "call" mention. Definitely about this dumb ass VM from hell coming back

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 12-09-2015, 02:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
As if having another show wasn't already enough:
Don't really see a premise for a series, more a movie maybe, and not a really good one but at least it's not completely idiotic like the other one

I wonder if that means the other one got canned already.

Quote:
A few think it's TGW.My first guess was TGW as well when I read "a veteran network drama series "
If GA doesn't qualify as veteran after 12 years, I don't know what does

Quote:
its arrival may produce aftershocks that extend to each and every player in the tangled web of relationships around which it revolves. "
That definitely says GA to me. In TGW, there are barely any other character besides Alicia anymore so a tangled web of relationships? Probably not.