Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-07-2011, 11:50 PM
Elite Fan

Alicia ♥ Peter Appreciation Thread #20 - Because there are more ways than one to love someone

Welcome to the
Alicia & Peter
Appreciation Thread

Supporter list

01. autumnღfairytale
02. Eternal Flame
03. Brilliant Disguise
04. Emily
05. Det.Logan
06. Natasja1982
07. film_snob007
08. Caribell
09. ~♥~CrazyInLove~♥~
10. Kiki17
11.4Florrick
12. tvdramafan
13. EndlessღLove
14. JLarah
15. Pan
16. GoodWifeObsessed
17. Kabous
18. Thenewpsies

Reasons why we love them

Because they were together for 15 years
Because Peter wants everything going back to normal
Because they were happy at one time
Because they weren't so bad for an old married couple
Because they were kinky
Because he still has his ring on
Because she has still her ring on
Because Alicia wants to forgive him
Because he hurt her but she can't let him go
Because she visits him in jail
Because he still can make her laugh
Because forgiveness is the supreme act of love

Previous Thread

#19 He has fallen in love with her again... but can she fall in love again?

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick

Last edited by Kiki17; 07-20-2011 at 09:27 PM
Old 05-08-2011, 02:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT

I agree with the title, I'm not sure it applies here
Old 05-08-2011, 07:19 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Det.Logan (View Post)
TFTNT

I agree with the title, I'm not sure it applies here
TFTNT Kiki

The title is nice - and who knows Laila maybe one day Alicia and Peter will feel something different than the horrendous hatefulness we recently witnessed.

You know - Time heals all wounds and all that....

There I go again with my good old cliched sayings lol!!

Also don't necessarily know if I agree with that statement - But at least with time you can sometimes get perspective and look for meaning instead of fighting the inevitable - Hope we can eventually get this with A/P - But right now the Kings track record doesn't have me too optimistic.

Last edited by GoodWifeObsessed; 05-08-2011 at 07:26 AM
Old 05-08-2011, 08:02 AM
Extreme Fan

You guys are FAST!! you did a thread without me!!!
Just teasing... love it...not too optimistic, realistic!!

The line about "say something to make me love you"... yes you are right... I wanted to listen again to her tone when she said it , but you are right...he had already said everything he could so she was essentially mocking him, being ironic...

I had always thought they would show an amicable split bec of Alicia being pragmatic, but was I crazy??/ this is a drama, alicia is not perfect, and they will milk it... maybe eventually..they will come to terms...
...but no matter what anyone says, alicia did not play this well: no matter how entitled she was to throw him out...her past two years of indifference and coolness accumulated with Peter...she has humiliated and rejected him by keeping him around with no real intent to move forward; and the quick way she did it blindsided him ( and the kids)...

I was looking at the IMDB... interesting JM, AP and MZ have been in EVERY epi; JC and CB have missed only 2... I won't even start with CN... so really, how bad can they make the A/K relshp... it is pivotal and so is Kalinda; they will not keep them apart for long. Which speaks to why they may make CN the "dark SA"...
Old 05-08-2011, 08:56 AM
Loyal Fan

Hopefully not comically and ridiculously dark though

And again like you Mare I'm not questioning her entitlement to make the descions she did - What Peter put her though was horrible no question in regards to this equation. It's how she went about moving on from the marriage that I"m not too crazy about.

What I always viewed as ambivalence on Alicia's part I now see was barely contained anger. Again completely agree that Alicia was entitled to these feelings after what Peter put her through. But feeling the way she did I really think she should have left him much sooner. I know the Kings would say - who are we to judge when we are on the outside looking in but the way they portrayed the A/P relationship really left much room for doubt in regards to Alicia's feelings for Peter. His character is also very ambigious which made deciphering them that much more difficult.

But Alicia didn't come out of this smelling like a rose either - In my opinion at least - I'm like my boy Peter - Here to disperse blame

Last edited by GoodWifeObsessed; 05-08-2011 at 11:07 AM
Old 05-08-2011, 09:10 AM
Elite Fan

I am not sure about the title either Should we change it? If we do change it to which one?

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 05-08-2011, 09:32 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki17 (View Post)
I am not sure about the title either Should we change it? If we do change it to which one?
I think the title is fine hun

It might be a little optimistic but maybe one day Alicia and Peter can remember better times and come out of this with some kinder feelings toward one another...

Mind you the Kings are the Evil Keepers of Pain so who knows lol!!!
Old 05-08-2011, 11:54 AM
Elite Fan

Hey I came up with the best title I could, you downers! If you want to wallow in misery, be my guests

thanks for taking care of the thread Kiki

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 05-08-2011, 12:38 PM
New Fan

hey, title is fine
Lets not get totally depressed about Alicia and Peter.
Well okay I know its hard . She hates him right now but we have to remember that hate and love are not that far away...
I've also read lots of Kings interwievs and maybe there is a glimpse of hope in the darkness.
They keep saying that they do not want "Will to be Alicia's knight in shining armour" and that "he is a Chicago lawyer"
Well Robert and Michelle, its about time that we see that happening because up untill now he has been the knight in shining armour...( ok there are few grey areas about Will but seriously...)
At the moment we have a triangle with nasty Peter and lovable Will.
Maybe season 3 will change that?
That could bring something to the show and change the rules a bit...
On top of that I don't see Peter giving up on Alicia like that
Hey, the guy is a winner, a fighter.
Lets remember he resigned in a scandal, went to jail, won his trial, got out of jail, won reelection...
The guy wants his life back.
That includes his wife
Old 05-08-2011, 12:48 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Quote:
Well okay I know its hard . She hates him right now but we have to remember that hate and love are not that far away...
She also hates Kalinda right now and somehow we all know they're going to get through this so why would her hate for Peter (and vice versa) be forever? Like Kiki said they have kids to consider, that's a game changer.

Quote:
Well Robert and Michelle, its about time that we see that happening because up untill now he has been the knight in shining armour...( ok there are few grey areas about Will but seriously...)
I think Will has a lot of dark sides. But they're related to his work and his ethics, not to Alicia and his behavior with her, which is what makes the difference. If Peter was corrupt without a doubt but had never had multiple affairs, we wouldn't even have this conversation, you know what I mean?

I just know they're going to bring back that thing Blake about with Will. Probably next season though.

Quote:
At the moment we have a triangle with nasty Peter and lovable Will.
Maybe season 3 will change that?
I think it will but not in the way any current faction of shippers is hoping for. The love triangle is having a last gasp, I think.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 05-08-2011, 12:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I am not sure about the title either Should we change it?
No, Kiki, I was just thinking that while I agree that there are a lot of ways to love someone else, in this case - and I'm referring to that kind of love that should exist between in a married couple, at least for me - Peter did not show a lot of it especially the moment he decided to lie. As I said it was a no win scenario and I still think it's a sloppy writing but let's try to stick to what it's the canon. I'm tired of "what if...?".
I'm for second chances, I've always stated that very clearly, Peter got his own and wasted it. He should have told everything in those months before and during the jail but then what to make of Kalinda.... and her relationship with Alicia, one of the best moment of the serie... bla, bla, bla, ok?

If you are referring to A and P coming to an understanding (different kind of love), maybe but it takes time, a lot but considering the TV schedule, we may see it sooner that later. I still don't see anything romantic between them.

Quote:
Depressed? on the contrary, i'm fine especially because I was almost on the verge of angst-indigestion so a change in the menu was good. How many episode of nothingness can you take before get tired? I did reach my fill around mid-season.
Old 05-08-2011, 01:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
haha I am trying! I feeling better But I guess Laila has a point, is better this way than more episode of nothingness between them.

Quote:
If you are referring to A and P coming to an understanding (different kind of love)
Yea thats the title makes me think of, maybe they can be a different kind of love between them

Quote:
The love triangle is having a last gasp, I think.
I sure hope so!

Quote:
She also hates Kalinda right now and somehow we all know they're going to get through this so why would her hate for Peter (and vice versa) be forever?
Right Once the anger goes away, she is not gonna be angry forever. And the kids will definitely help her not stay so angry.

So the title stays

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 05-08-2011, 01:48 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
No, Kiki, I was just thinking that while I agree that there are a lot of ways to love someone else, in this case - and I'm referring to that kind of love that should exist between in a married couple, at least for me - Peter did not show a lot of it especially the moment he decided to lie. As I said it was a no win scenario and I still think it's a sloppy writing but let's try to stick to what it's the canon. I'm tired of "what if...?".
I'm for second chances, I've always stated that very clearly, Peter got his own and wasted it. He should have told everything in those months before and during the jail
Completely agree Laila - Peter had his head somewhere to crude to mention when it came to Alicia and how she was feeling. He did waste his 2nd chance ( if he ever really had one )

I guess at the end of the day Power trumps his passion for Alicia.

I'm not even going to get started on how they had her deal with things

Quote:
Depressed? on the contrary, i'm fine especially because I was almost on the verge of angst-indigestion so a change in the menu was good. How many episode of nothingness can you take before get tired? I did reach my fill around mid-season.
Good god me too

I felt a wicked smile come across my face as the episode ended - I had had my fill of the way things were going - Totally ready for a change....
Old 05-08-2011, 01:55 PM
Extreme Fan

As all of you have been patient with my whining about A/P and esp dark Peter( esp re alicia)... I am trying to think pragmatically...eg how long will A/K be on the outs when Kalinda is such an important part of the series..yes I know reboot...but not for that long...it is not feasible... who else can she interact with besides Will ..another investigator I guess...

so with A/P, I am thinking if they really wanted to dump Peter quickly in S3...would they have him be so bad... I do know he is the most expendable .. but if they were going to get rid of him quickly they would have him be nice Peter , amicable re the split; then there is literally nothing between them except maybe a few issues with the kids...both of them being on the outs ( not just furious alicia but now feeling hard done by Peter) will make for some drama ...but as we have a said a million times before we have seen a lot of neg with this couple , espec in terms of Alicias feelings toward PEter, so I do hope they move thru the bad stuff fairly quickly...

Jodie... I am with you, and always have been in dispersing the blame... it does flummox me a bit that pple tend to see it as totally one sided ( I mean in terms of marriage breakdown, not what Peter did)...
And I am of hte opinion that PEter never did have a real second chance, esp once Will came into the picture; you can certainly say PEter didn't help...going for the campaign etc ..but I always got the sense Alicia wasn't really into it; so no matter what he would have done would not have been enough.

and yes, I suspect something is coming up for Will, but as we said, it can never ever be as bad as Peter as we cited, his stuff is never directed at Alicia, and he is a series regular....

Kiki.. re the title: no secret my/our preference is A/P as a real couple ,but since we have never had that in the series ( other than flashbacks ) and probably never willl( just being realistic here I think your thread title is all we can hope for....
and alicia has been thru her parents divorce; no matter what she thinks of PEter she will present him well to the kids... and maybe learn to care for him in another way.
it is sad... I think of how he protected her in the discussion with Owen..and pple still thought he was wrong..."don't abandon her like that again"

Jodie et al...you have to say, they created an interesting character there...

also agree... the triangle is no more and I think from all sides it was very intentional...

Last edited by tvdramafan; 05-08-2011 at 02:02 PM
Old 05-08-2011, 01:56 PM
Elite Fan

Anyone care to speculate why Alicia just did not tell him that she was gonna divorce him? was it just a way for the writers to bring Kalinda into the conversation or do u think she really is thinking about it, cause to me her decision looks quite obvious?

--- Alicia Florrick