Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2009, 10:50 PM
Master Fan

That sounds about right. More specific and small. Which should be doable, as we have worked out a lot of the smaller issues, just not quite down the episodic level quite yet.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
'Tos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 08:02 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve397 (View Post)
seriously when did this go and happen? So school is over and i started work this weekend. I won't be working during the weeks really so i'll be able to do something for this thread hopefully.
I already got started on Amy, so don't take her. (She's mine! )
Abomasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 06:32 PM
Master Fan

Do we think all the characters need their own summary, or would the relationship summaries be all that's necessary for some? Thinking of, for example, the ones I did for the Abbott family and Bright/Hannah, and might do for the Brown-Feeneys -- is there anything more specific that would really need to be said about Harold or Hannah or Nina, who are primarily involved in other characters' storylines?

I actually thought of this while playing around with how Topher's guest spot should go, because that wouldn't really have anything to do with the Bright side of the whole B/H equation but would be a key part of a Hannah-centric summary. But then it seems wrong for Hannah to get her own summary if the more-important Harold doesn't get his own, but then, Harold's part of a family unit and his storylines are typically bound up in that, and...clearly, we need to get this project going, because I've already reached the point in the creative process at which I make up imaginary problems for no reason whatsoever, hee.

Music note: Great Lake Swimmers. Folk rock with all sorts of nature imagery. Definitely an Everwood kind of sound.
Thief Of Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 07:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think that relationship summaries are enough.....but if someone wants to submit a character summary (like Leo doing Amy)...that's okay as well. It's alright if there's not a character summary for all the characters.
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:35 PM
Master Fan

I keep missing this thread getting revived, hee.

I third the relationship summaries. It'll go a bit quicker and it's nice and efficient. Some characters might need a little more, but not all of them.

Another music note: because I'm listening to him at the moment, we should have a return to Van Morrison. He's good, and although Everwood didn't use as many older artists in the later seasons...we don't have to worry about music licensing.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 06-04-2009, 02:16 PM
Master Fan

Ooh, yes, he'd be excellent. I'd love to insert "Into the Mystic" for some end-of-episode montage kind of thing. And, dude, I never even thought of our freedom from music licensing issues, hee. Let's throw in some Beatles, too! Heh.

On a storyline note, there's still something that I'm not quite feeling with the plot of Hannah going out with another new guy who's more like her, but who just isn't Bright and thus isn't what she wants. It's being told in a somewhat different way from the Topher or Nick stories, true (given Ephram's involvement and Hannah's concerns that she and Bright are too incompatible to be together), but...the general idea is still just such a retread. This is actually where Topher's return popped into my mind as something to play around with (thanks, Ketchup Kids thread), but then, he'd be kind of a fool to get involved with a girl who's already dumped him twice, heh.

In any event, anyone have any thoughts on this? (I don't think I'm making more work for anyone else by playing around with the story, since she's my little pet character project anyway, hee.)
Old 06-04-2009, 04:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's really not a bad idea. Of course Topher would have to have changed a little. He would be more confident....a little more sophisticated from being away at an upscale college, perhaps in an upscale city.
He and Hannah would talk and get along like old times and perhaps ease into casual dating. Topher would not wait as long this time around to kiss Hannah....and this time she would enjoy it. (Maybe he had some practice at college.)
Of course, eventually Hannah would realize that even though she enjoys herself with Topher and they have a lot in common....there's something missing. He's not Bright!
Old 06-07-2009, 11:24 PM
Master Fan

Maybe it's just me, but has anyone else thought about how our interpretation of S5 will be received, assuming we ever actually do it, heh? I've just been seeing some conversation elsewhere about what S5 might have brought and what things fans did and didn't want to see, and it makes me wonder what those who read this will think of our spin on things. I think what we have thus far is pretty awesome, but I am starting to get that little twinge of paranoia about having dissatisfied fans, hee. (This is why I could never really work in television, because I'd be devastated when viewers complained about anything!)

On an entirely different note, I was thinking about how we're going to structure each major character's storylines exactly, so as an aid, I started making up timelines breaking down the character story arcs from S4 -- listing the episodes and identifying when each major turning point occurred -- in order to get a better feel for how our stories should be spread out over the course of a season. It's been rather interesting; for example, Andy has turning points pretty much where you'd expect, at the beginning, middle, and ends of the season...but when you remove the Ferris Wheel reunion, Ephram's story pretty much culminates with either his announcement about Music Ed, or his saving Reid, both well before season's end. I'm not considering his involvement with Stephanie as being that significant a plot point in the scheme of things. Though, his interference with Andy and Nina was...but still, not really about Ephram the way the piano business or even Reid were.

Also? Bright had NOTHING that didn't also involve Hannah. Except maybe that bonding moment with Harold in "All the Lonely People." But his entire blasted story arc was HannahHannahHannahHannah. Though it changes nothing about my personal feelings towards the girl, I'm beginning to see why some people hated her. Hee.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:49 PM
Master Fan

I'm definitely in for a small return to Topher and Hannah. I really think he would date her again, or whatever we end up doing, because man he had a crush on her. And crushes do not go away easily. Hee, okay, so I relate to him on that one. And I agree with Betty about seeing him more confident. Of course, still goofy and awkward because that's just who Topher is, but I would like to see some confidence out of him. He's grown up a bit, gone to college, probably learned to kiss not like a fish like Betty suggested..anyway, yeah, agreed with the Topher ideas in general.

Quote:
Maybe it's just me, but has anyone else thought about how our interpretation of S5 will be received, assuming we ever actually do it, heh? I've just been seeing some conversation elsewhere about what S5 might have brought and what things fans did and didn't want to see, and it makes me wonder what those who read this will think of our spin on things. I think what we have thus far is pretty awesome, but I am starting to get that little twinge of paranoia about having dissatisfied fans, hee. (This is why I could never really work in television, because I'd be devastated when viewers complained about anything!)
Hee, pray tell, where is this "elsewhere"? I haven't seen any comments that have gone really counter to anything we're planning. So far, anyway, heh. And I think we found even as we were planning this thing, that we can't really please even ourselves all of the time, not to mention everyone all the time, heh.

As far as our stories, I think most people would like a lot of them. Bright finding a direction, I think that's needed and I can't imagine anyone having a problem with it. Andy/Nina and the Brown household is just really following what "Foreverwood" set up. Ephram struggling with his career choice, Amy and her enemy, Amy and Rose and Edna grieving (I was glad to see that get a mention at that "elsewhere") is all stuff I can't really see people getting upset with as long as we write it well.

I think, though, where we probably would find problems, and where we're still struggling and still not really sure where to go with, is the relationships. Amy/Ephram, Hannah/Bright. It's hard to please people with those, as every writer on every show has found out. And the relationship stories are definitely where we've found it hard to please ourselves, I think. Mostly because either we have strong opinions, or no ideas at all.

So yeah...rambling thoughts for the win and such. I'll have more thoughts tomorrow, but I think I rambled enough for one night.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:01 AM
Master Fan

Hee, that mysterious land far, far away...

I think the storyline that frightens me the most -- in terms of what initial response may be -- is the process of establishing the Ephram/Hannah friendship. Because while we know that we're not putting them together for anything more than friendship, too many fans already know about Berlanti's romantic plans, and I'm a little afraid of a preemptive backlash, which would be sad, because their conversations really will be awesome. Maybe even only 98% of 'viewers' will be bored! Anyway, it'll be obvious that they're just friends when they're talking about each other's romantic relationships and encouraging them (Hannah propping Ephram/Amy, Ephram being a bit skeptical of Hannah/Bright but encouraging her to make things work with...Topher, or whomever), but that set-up has me a little nervous.

Quote:
I'm definitely in for a small return to Topher and Hannah. I really think he would date her again, or whatever we end up doing, because man he had a crush on her. And crushes do not go away easily. Hee, okay, so I relate to him on that one.
This is a true thing, hee, and I could definitely see it being true for someone like Topher, just as it was for all the other introverts on the show! (Ephram and Hannah could carry torches with the best of them.) Yeah, given that he was crushed when she told him she was moving back to Minnesota -- well after she'd broken up with him and taken up with Bright -- he'd probably be receptive to a semi-reunion of sorts. Glad my idea isn't totally nuts, hee. It just feels a little more economical that way; saves us from either having to introduce a new character for Hannah, who'd only serve to fill a role already filled by two other guys, or it saves us from going in an overly-convenient direction by having Hannah date Amy's rival. Now, for how to do this without it ending in more heartbreak for Loafer...

Last edited by Thief Of Love; 06-08-2009 at 12:43 AM
Old 06-08-2009, 08:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Hannah date Amy's rival. Now, for how to do this without it ending in more heartbreak for Loafer...
Hmmmm.....or....how about competing for the same guy? Wouldn't it be something if there was a guy on campus that Hannah and Amy met at the same time. Amy would take an interest in him and decide to pursue. Before she can act on this pursuit....she notices that he has an interest and tries to woo Hannah. She's the one he is attracted to. Boy...would that knock Amy for a loop and off of her pedestal.
Of course she would quietly seethe...not say anything to Hannah.....but it would be an interesting scenario none the less.

As far as our Season 5....it's going to be wonderful. I can't see us disappointing anyone.
I really think that we should send our finished product to Greg Berlanti and Rina. I would love to hear their thoughts.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:29 PM
Master Fan

Hmm, I was kind of thinking that using Topher could just eliminate the need for another new character. But I do like the concept of someone not liking Amy back. (Because, sure, it just happens all the time that the guy whom you have a crush on, but temporarily, mistakenly think is gay, turns out to like you, too. Not that I have any bitter college memories in this department or anything.)
Old 06-08-2009, 12:43 PM
Loyal Fan

Has there ever been a guy that doesn't like Amy on the show?
Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views.

-Squall Leonhart

Last edited by ShadowMagist; 06-08-2009 at 12:51 PM
ShadowMagist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMagist (View Post)
Has there ever been a guy that doesn't like Amy on the show?

I can't think of anyone. I think that Amy needs to be humbled. It would be shocking for her to see this guy that she likes talking and flirting with Hannah.
Amy would be in a snit. Ephram would ask, "What's wrong with you?" Amy would snap, "NOTHING!" with that big Harold scowl on her face. It would be hilarious.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:42 AM
Master Fan

In the Greenies Thread, Dolfan brought up the fact that Rose/Ephram have only had two scenes together in the history of the series. I demand (some strudel!) that we remedy that, and give them at least a small scene in our season five.
Reply   Post New Thread