Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2017, 07:04 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I agree. He made the situation so worse. Someone today said that Trump is turning the White House into a reality show. So true.
A really bad reality show. I have a friend who's a journalist in Europe who said that Trump's Russian Connections are going to catch up with him, but that obviously remains to be seen. No matter what though, I'm embarrassed to have him as our President. He's a joke.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 10-09-2017, 07:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
LOL Betty!

As much as I don't like all these NFL Players "taking a knee" while the National Anthem is being played, it probably would have all blown over if Trump hadn't opened his big mouth several weeks ago, and now sending Mike Spence, at taxpayer expense, to walk out of a game was a cheap (well not cheap because I'm sure it cost a lot of money to send him there) and obvious publicity stunt. I'm just so tired of hearing about Trump. I honestly believe that he's the worst president in the history of our country,
It was an embarrassment given what that idiot did. The protesting/focus on it has been dying down too. Jerry Jones is also a moron stating what he did yet not long ago he locked arms in protest. Everything runs its course and the protesting was getting there.

Trump is definitely the worst president in history and as you know that's saying something because we've had a lot of bad presidents before this time.
Old 10-10-2017, 01:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
There are so many corrupt and biased judges. It's one of those unspoken aspects of our justice system we need to confront.
That's so sad to still see really and hopefully that judge gets punished for his decision.
Old 10-10-2017, 07:17 AM
Master Fan

Talking about fighting racism there is a Disney song (from Disney show) that I think tries to carry on really good message. Well as much it can because teens and kids are supposed to watch that show and sing the songs. Still though it's good that they are trying to convey such message.

Those are the parts that I really like:

Quote:
Ya no hay razas, ni razones
no hay mejores, ni peores
solo amor, amor, amor y mil opciones
de ser mejor
It means - There are no races nor reasons. No one is better or worse. Only love, love,
love and a lot of options to be better.

Quote:
Vamos a poder cantar
Y unir las voces
vamos a poder lograr
quitar los dolores
y ahora respira profundo
porque vamos juntos a cambiar el mundo
It means - We will be able to sing and unify the voices. We will be able to remove the pain. Now get deep breath because together we will change the world.

The translations are not direct, but I think that we could get the general idea - love and being good people is what would help us to change the world for the better.
Old 10-10-2017, 09:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^ That's awesome. What a great song, conveying a very beautiful message.
Old 10-10-2017, 09:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Glad this horrible man is being exposed:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/10/u...weinstein.html
Old 10-11-2017, 12:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)

Yeah, no one deserves to be treated like that.
Old 10-11-2017, 04:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:

Me too. I had heard things via friend who works in that business. All the comments about being shocked are in large part bs.
Old 10-11-2017, 05:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Yeah, no one deserves to be treated like that.
I can't believe he walked around NYC and could do as he pleased up until this point.
Old 10-11-2017, 05:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
Me too. I had heard things via friend who works in that business. All the comments about being shocked are in large part bs.
Interesting. It is so disgusting.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:19 AM
Administrator

Quote:

It's horrible and disgusting when men who are in positions of power abuse women like that and the women usually don't speak up due to fear of retaliation.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 10-11-2017, 10:41 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

Agree! What sucks is that this guy (and most people like him) would try this on young inexperienced girls who have no way to protect themselves. They would never try this on confident successful woman. This is why I have always said that abusive people are insecure little pricks who need to feel confident and use people weaknesses to feel powerful. It's pathetic. Same goes for men that beat up women. Same reason. They want to feel powerful. And trust me if they have to confront a woman that knows how to defend herself or a strong man they will be shy and timid and would lay low because they know that they do not have the confidence for said confrontation.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:42 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
^ That's awesome. What a great song, conveying a very beautiful message.
Yes. It's good that people try to use music to convey beautiful message. Music can be more than just entertainment. In this specific case it is.
Old 10-11-2017, 11:46 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Agree! What sucks is that this guy (and most people like him) would try this on young inexperienced girls who have no way to protect themselves. They would never try this on confident successful woman. This is why I have always said that abusive people are insecure little pricks who need to feel confident and use people weaknesses to feel powerful. It's pathetic. Same goes for men that beat up women. Same reason. They want to feel powerful. And trust me if they have to confront a woman that knows how to defend herself or a strong man they will be shy and timid and would lay low because they know that they do not have the confidence for said confrontation.
That's so true Koni. Well said. Men like that are vile cowards.

In a similar fashion, I see people say things on places like Yahoo! or some of the social media sites that they would never have the gall to say to someone in person. They hide behind their computer screens and type really vile and hateful things.

Old 10-11-2017, 05:32 PM
Administrator

Here's another example of what women have to put up with in Hollywood, and it also shows what hypocrites some men in Hollywood can be:

Ben Affleck 'Sincerely' Apologizes for Acting 'Inappropriately' Towards Hilarie Burton on TRL

Closed Thread   Post New Thread