Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2020, 11:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL22 (View Post)
I had with my brother boxes of comics and baseball cards from the 50's He was in college and I, in the navy

They disappeared. Of course my mother denied all knowledge of their fate.

I have a baseball card collection as well but only have a few cards in mint condition in addition to cards I inherited. I played this baseball game my cousin... we’d put the cards in the position they played out on our imaginary field (carpet lol), created our own ball, flicked it, then used fake players from our monopoly game, run around the bases until we tagged each other. LOL. It’s actually amazing the cards aren’t totally roughed up. They are not super worn out, even if not in excellent condition. I have two briefcases of baseball cards. I would go with my maternal Grandfather shopping twice a week and he’d always buy me a pack of cards (with bubblegum) each time we’d go together. The collection added up in no time. Plus, my Grandfather gave me his smaller collection. I superficially looked at the value several years back but still need to figure out what I truly have.

Last edited by jediwands; 06-09-2020 at 11:35 AM
Old 06-11-2020, 02:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I can’t even believe what I’m reading...

Joey and Pacey Made Dawson's Creek the Deepest Show on Television
Old 06-11-2020, 05:34 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)

What complete and utter garbage.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 06-11-2020, 06:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)

What complete and utter garbage.
Right? What’s makes the article even more pathetic is that it was written days ago. I could see being snowed during or shortly after the series aired. But writing that nonsense in the present? Wow. I can’t even get past the title. I’m... at a loss for words.
Old 06-11-2020, 07:01 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Right? What’s makes the article even more pathetic is that it was written days ago. I could see being snowed during or shortly after the series aired. But writing that nonsense in the present? Wow. I can’t even get past the title. I’m... at a loss for words.
Yes, I've always thought of Dawson's Creek as the deepest show on television!

Well, something did get very deep whenever Pacey and Joey were on the screen!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 06-11-2020, 07:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yes, I've always thought of Dawson's Creek as the deepest show on television!

Well, something did get very deep whenever Pacey and Joey were on the screen!
I wish I could write something back to the writer of that article. As a group, we could even put something together. Then again, I have a feeling whatever we would say, she wouldn't believe anyway.
Old 06-11-2020, 07:57 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I wish I could write something back to the writer of that article. As a group, we could even put something together. Then again, I have a feeling whatever we would say, she wouldn't believe anyway.
That's true!

Old 06-11-2020, 08:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
That's true!

I like #3 the best:

Dawson's Creek: 10 Things About Joey That Would Never Fly Today
Old 06-11-2020, 02:34 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:

My jaw hit the ground when I read this. (And I'm 6'2")Especially when she said some thing to the effect of; the Pacey / Joey relationship wasn't dark.

Also notice there is no mention of Andie or Jen, but she does mention Jack. I wonder why.

I have one phrase to sum up the Article.

Lauren Pinnington is an idiot.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL22 (View Post)
My jaw hit the ground when I read this. (And I'm 6'2")Especially when she said some thing to the effect of; the Pacey / Joey relationship wasn't dark.

Also notice there is no mention of Andie or Jen, but she does mention Jack. I wonder why.

I have one phrase to sum up the Article.

Lauren Pinnington is an idiot.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:47 PM
Administrator

Quote:
And the hits keep coming!

Old 06-11-2020, 03:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
And the hits keep coming!
Old 06-11-2020, 04:50 PM
Administrator

Quote:
When you look at those pictures, Katie Holmes looked really beautiful in a few of them, but in this picture, both her and James Van Der Beek look a good deal older than the characters they're supposed to be playing, and Katie's hair looks stringy wand washed out, where in the early seasons of the show she had thick beautiful hair.

Old 06-11-2020, 05:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Very true, they look so much older than their characters. No idea why Katie has her hair like that... it's a million different colors. It almost looks like she's been indoors due to the pandemic and couldn't get it styled, cut, colored properly.
Old 06-11-2020, 05:23 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Very true, they look so much older than their characters. No idea why Katie has her hair like that... it's a million different colors. It almost looks like she's been indoors due to the pandemic and couldn't get it styled, cut, colored properly.
I think that she had done a commercial for Garnier hair coloring in Season Six, and it was probably growing out, and I also heard rumors that she had an eating disorder back then, which can thin your hair out. Dawson's Creek was on for six seasons, so naturally the characters are going to age, especially since they were older than the characters they were playing anyway, but James Van Der Beek and Katie Holmes in particular seemed to age a lot more than the other actors when you compare how they looked in Seasons One and Two versus how they looked in the later seasons. I think that One Tree Hill was wise to skip the College Years with the characters and I hear that Riverdale is doing that too so the characters can be closer to the age of the actors playing them.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread