Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

True.
Old 06-05-2020, 09:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I put myself in that spot and if I’m contributing in a group text and it’s celebrity people I’m making sure everyone is invited. They’d have to have known Michelle, Busy and maybe Kerr would find out because of social media.

But if I’m in that position and don’t have interest in reconnecting I’m just using the excuse of being busy, thanks but no thanks, and have fun. LOL.
Old 06-05-2020, 11:29 AM
Administrator

I don't know about Kerr, but I always had the impression that Busy and Michelle bonded with each other when they worked together on Dawson's Creek and they didn't really connect with the other members of the cast.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 06-05-2020, 11:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I think Michelle was probably pretty miserable before Busy showed up. She wasn’t happy about her character and the lack of screen time. She obviously never bonded with Katie and probably laughed and rolled her eyes during all the IT girl moments.
Old 06-05-2020, 11:49 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
I think Michelle was probably pretty miserable before Busy showed up. She wasn’t happy about her character and the lack of screen time. She obviously never bonded with Katie and probably laughed and rolled her eyes during all the IT girl moments.
I don't blame her for feeling miserable. She was marginalized after Season One and apparently treated badly by the writers and producers. I find it so fitting that she's the only one out of the cast who's become a true success. Some of the other actors on the show have done a few other things but no one can come close to Michelle's success.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 06-05-2020, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I don't blame her for feeling miserable. She was marginalized after Season One and apparently treated badly by the writers and producers. I find it so fitting that she's the only one out of the cast who's become a true success. Some of the other actors on the show have done a few other things but no one can come close to Michelle's success.
Exactly and in a way, it’s probably a good thing she was held back. It prevented her from being labeled “a WB actress” which helped her get to the large screen without anything preventing her from achieving success and critical acclaim.
Old 06-05-2020, 12:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Exactly and in a way, it’s probably a good thing she was held back. It prevented her from being labeled “a WB actress” which helped her get to the large screen without anything preventing her from achieving success and critical acclaim.
That's very true. She was lucky that she didn't get typecast like some of the other actors, especially James Van Der Beek.

Old 06-05-2020, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
That's very true. She was lucky that she didn't get typecast like some of the other actors, especially James Van Der Beek.
Absolutely.

Katie Holmes had two strikes against her.

1. WB IT Girl Princess
2. Married to Cruise.

Then there’s:

3. Below average - Average Actress and never tried to work on improving.

That’s three strikes and you’re out.
Old 06-05-2020, 01:41 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Absolutely.

Katie Holmes had two strikes against her.

1. WB IT Girl Princess
2. Married to Cruise.

Then there’s:

3. Below average - Average Actress and never tried to work on improving.

That’s three strikes and you’re out.
That plus she's no longer young and cute, and Hollywood puts a premium on young starlets and they discard them when they're "older."

Old 06-05-2020, 02:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
That plus she's no longer young and cute, and Hollywood puts a premium on young starlets and they discard them when they're "older."
That is very true. They tried to give her more roles when she was younger (and it seems even Cruise attempted to help) and the problem was she wasn't good, lol. She just wasn't good enough to be a regular film star and she probably had zero interest in doing another TV show as a regular cast member. I can't see her having future interest in playing a mother for example on another TV show but who knows. I am sure she got a huge amount of money from Cruise so she is certainly not hurting for money.
Old 06-05-2020, 02:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Actually, according to this article she didn't get as much as I thought:

Quote:
This is how much money she got from the divorce
Holmes wanted to live with Suri in New York — so of course, it was important to have enough funding and child support to make this a reality. Radar Online says for child support, she was awarded $4.8 million. And for herself, she was given an additional $5 million.

Aside from the money, People reports Holmes got the one request she wished for most of all — and that was full custody of Suri. Cruise was also given generous visitation rights, so everyone won in this scenario. As her lead attorney, Jonathan Wolfe, said, “We are thrilled for Katie and her family and are excited to watch as she embarks on the next chapter of her life.”
https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...-divorce.html/

Of course she made some money on Dawson's Creek and was rich at that point anyway but I assumed she received more from Tom Cruise.
Old 06-05-2020, 02:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

She didn't sign a prenup, that's right.

Here it breaks down everything she has made and received and continues to receive from Cruise for her daughter (a few more years):

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/detai...180000219.html
Old 06-05-2020, 09:24 PM
Administrator

Quote:
She didn't sign a prenup, that's right.

Here it breaks down everything she has made and received and continues to receive from Cruise for her daughter (a few more years):

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/detai...180000219.html
She's done well for herself considering that she's had a pretty mediocre career. Tom Cruise was smart to get a prenup, but to me, a prenup virtually guarantees that a marriage is going to fail. Katie Holmes is basically like a Kardashian now, famous for being famous, or in other words, famous for nothing. She's sort of hard looking now, but of course she can't be expected to look like she did 20 years ago.

Old 06-05-2020, 10:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
She's done well for herself considering that she's had a pretty mediocre career. Tom Cruise was smart to get a prenup, but to me, a prenup virtually guarantees that a marriage is going to fail. Katie Holmes is basically like a Kardashian now, famous for being famous, or in other words, famous for nothing. She's sort of hard looking now, but of course she can't be expected to look like she did 20 years ago.
Great way to describe her. She was once very cute. I even looked at a wedding picture and she looks so young and innocent while Cruise looks so much older. She has a look now like she’s been through a lot... add in her features and she looks older with a pretty rigid look. Katie going along with a prenup only illustrates how much she simply wasn’t thinking during this time period. Her dad is a lawyer. He was the one who helped her legally get away from Cruise and gain full custody. If she was in close contact with her family before marrying Cruise there’s no way her father would sit back and not try to tell her to get a prenup just because that’s what lawyers do. So true, I completely agree a prenup is almost setting the marriage up for failure before it even gets started.
Old 06-07-2020, 04:38 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Great way to describe her. She was once very cute. I even looked at a wedding picture and she looks so young and innocent while Cruise looks so much older. She has a look now like she’s been through a lot... add in her features and she looks older with a pretty rigid look. Katie going along with a prenup only illustrates how much she simply wasn’t thinking during this time period. Her dad is a lawyer. He was the one who helped her legally get away from Cruise and gain full custody. If she was in close contact with her family before marrying Cruise there’s no way her father would sit back and not try to tell her to get a prenup just because that’s what lawyers do. So true, I completely agree a prenup is almost setting the marriage up for failure before it even gets started.
Well, you have to look at their positions in life when they got married: He was one of the biggest stars in Hollywood, and she was a second rate actress who was mostly known for being on a crap television show on a third-rate network, so I could see how he could intimidate her into signing a pre-nup. It's funny how the writers and producers of Dawson's Creek idolized her because it was to the detriment of the show, and ultimately it did nothing for them or for her. Paul Stupin never really did anything after Dawson's Creek, and the only actor who achieved true success was the one they marginalized, Michelle Williams.

Katie Holmes had a girl next door appeal, but that appeal was already starting to fade in the later seasons, and now she just looks like an aging socialite with no career who's mostly known for being on Dawson's Creek and for marrying and divorcing Tom Cruise. I do admire her for getting her daughter away from him and his evil Scientology Cult, but otherwise I have no interest in her or her "career."

Closed Thread   Post New Thread