Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Summer TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2020, 07:51 AM
  #16
Administrator
 
Jerry D's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 1999
Posts: 98,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)


Berlanti might have come up with the initial ridiculous idea of PJ, but he never wanted it to last or play out like it did. He wouldn't have been saying he was a DJ fan at the end of the series (and that they should have ended up together).

So it's like Berlanti came up with a short-term teen soap idea with the intention of it lasting probably a couple episodes, but Stupid took the idea and made it his own. He was the mad scientist that grabbed on for dear life and tried to form it into something beautiful and lasting. Failed experiment. Such a destruction it's impossible to revive or reboot the series.

Seriously, even putting aside the obvious reason why they cannot revive... Jen's death... they also cannot revive because the series ended in a way that destroyed the entire premise of the original series. How can you revive destruction and failure?
I completely agree, plus the show has become such a joke that I can't seeing anyone wanting to revive it.
__________________
The energy, the faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavor will light our country and all who serve it - and the glow from that fire can truly light the world. - John F. Kennedy

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 08:29 AM
  #17
Fan Forum Star

 
Auror's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 195,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I completely agree, plus the show has become such a joke that I can't seeing anyone wanting to revive it.
It's funny because even the PJ fans don't want a revival. I find that telling. I think for them, they don't want to go there because:

1. Kevin mentioned he saw Pacey/Joey divorced in the future. Then he backtracked and said they might eventually reunite but you could tell his first thought was they would be divorced. First thoughts are everything, especially with a showrunner that bailed and didn't get to construct it as he imagined (his fault).

2. They just know the show always comes back to Dawson/Joey so they don't want to risk a change in pairings.

3. If you bring back Meredith (if she'd even agree to it) you know it's going to be Pacey/Andie interaction.

Thus, it's too risky for Pacey/Joey fans and they know it.

Which, all the more speaks to how messed up the series was in the end.
Auror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 05:46 PM
  #18
Extreme Fan
 
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 2,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)


Berlanti might have come up with the initial ridiculous idea of PJ, but he never wanted it to last or play out like it did. He wouldn't have been saying he was a DJ fan at the end of the series (and that they should have ended up together).

So it's like Berlanti came up with a short-term teen soap idea with the intention of it lasting probably a couple episodes, but Stupid took the idea and made it his own. He was the mad scientist that grabbed on for dear life and tried to form it into something beautiful and lasting. Failed experiment. Such a destruction it's impossible to revive or reboot the series.

Seriously, even putting aside the obvious reason why they cannot revive... Jen's death... they also cannot revive because the series ended in a way that destroyed the entire premise of the original series. How can you revive destruction and failure?
Even if Berlanti kept P/J for an entire season and then corrected it; no big deal.

I'd like to know who made the decision to kick Meredith Monroe off the show. Even with all my research, I have never been able to find out whose idea it was.

The only problem I have with Everwood was Bright cheating on Hannah. Why? Didn't serve any purpose, and lout of character.

The only thing I can think of is that they thought they were going to get a season five and Berlanti wanted to create more drama than having Amy standing alone in front of a ferris wheel.

He did correct that mistake in the ambiguous scene when Hannah told Bright she was going to stay in Colorado for college. Notice at the end of the scene how she threw herself in his arms. In my opinion, she forgave him.

While I am on the subject of Hannah and Bright, I consider the scene when Bright locks her in the bathroom. Hannah opens the door naked and invites him in, saying. " Open your eyes Bright,If I'm going to see you the way you see me. I want you here with me."

In my opinion one of the greatest romantic scenes , ever, on TV.

Last edited by TL22; 05-23-2020 at 08:17 PM
TL22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 08:47 PM
  #19
Fan Forum Star

 
Auror's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 195,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by TL22 (View Post)
Even if Berlanti kept P/J for an entire season and then corrected it; no big deal.

I'd like to know who made the decision to kick Meredith Monroe off the show. Even with all my research, I have never been able to find out whose idea it was.

The only problem I have with Everwood was Bright cheating on Hannah. Why? Didn't serve any purpose, and lout of character.

The only thing I can think of is that they thought they were going to get a season five and Berlanti wanted to create more drama than having Amy standing alone in front of a ferris wheel.

He did correct that mistake in the ambiguous scene when Hannah told Bright she was going to stay in Colorado for college. Notice at the end of the scene how she threw herself in his arms. In my opinion, she forgave him.

While I am on the subject of Hannah and Bright, I consider the scene when Bright locks her in the bathroom. Hannah opens the door naked and invites him in, saying. " Open your eyes Bright,If I'm going to see you the way you see me. I want you here with me."

In my opinion one of the greatest romantic scenes , ever, on TV.
Is it possible Meredith wanted to leave? I almost wish this would be the case instead.

The Everwood fandom was kind of split on Bright/Hannah when the series was live. Some didn't think they were a realistic couple, others liked them, some were indifferent. I know when I watched I always felt like the sex topic was going to become an issue with them given Hannah's beliefs and Bright's natural desire for physical affection. I wish the show would have handled this area better so it didn't have to result in Bright cheating. I did hate the cheating storyline. I do not think it was necessary. I don't know what Berlanti was thinking regarding Bright and Hannah. I do know that the series finale did make it pretty clear that they were on their way to a reunion.
Auror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 10:06 PM
  #20
Extreme Fan
 
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 2,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
Is it possible Meredith wanted to leave? I almost wish this would be the case instead.

The Everwood fandom was kind of split on Bright/Hannah when the series was live. Some didn't think they were a realistic couple, others liked them, some were indifferent. I know when I watched I always felt like the sex topic was going to become an issue with them given Hannah's beliefs and Bright's natural desire for physical affection. I wish the show would have handled this area better so it didn't have to result in Bright cheating. I did hate the cheating storyline. I do not think it was necessary. I don't know what Berlanti was thinking regarding Bright and Hannah. I do know that the series finale did make it pretty clear that they were on their way to a reunion.
I wish that was the case in regards to Meredith. She was forced off and quite angry about it. They wanted to get rid of her so bad, that I believe Meredith forced them to honour her contract. Which is why her name remained in the credits and she most likely was paid for the remainder of the season.

Meredith was known to be easy to work with. She always knew her lines, was on time, plus her acting skills were excellent as evidenced in several highly charged scenes. So there was no reason to terminate her for cause. I bet they looked hard. According to Paul Stupin she was still very angry at the end of season four TPTB had to really beg and kiss her butt to get her back for The Graduate episode.Thinking season four was there last season they needed to get the couples back where they belonged and they badly needed Meredith for that. So I guess she may have gotten the last laugh.


In regards to Bright and Hannah; Bright had made the decision to break up with Hannah for the reasons you mentioned, but could not go through with it. So he knew exactly what his romantic future was going to be. But after the shower incident things had changed. While I believe full on sex was not happening; that was about the only thing not happening, so in my opinion Bright was having a fairly satisfying love life. This is why I consider the cheating incident out of character.
TL22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:50 AM
  #21
Fan Forum Star

 
Auror's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 195,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by TL22 (View Post)
I wish that was the case in regards to Meredith. She was forced off and quite angry about it. They wanted to get rid of her so bad, that I believe Meredith forced them to honour her contract. Which is why her name remained in the credits and she most likely was paid for the remainder of the season.

Meredith was known to be easy to work with. She always knew her lines, was on time, plus her acting skills were excellent as evidenced in several highly charged scenes. So there was no reason to terminate her for cause. I bet they looked hard. According to Paul Stupin she was still very angry at the end of season four TPTB had to really beg and kiss her butt to get her back for The Graduate episode.Thinking season four was there last season they needed to get the couples back where they belonged and they badly needed Meredith for that. So I guess she may have gotten the last laugh.
These so called top people involved in this show are so stupid... Kevin talking about how his mother hated the Dawson's Creek ending because of Pacey/Joey and she knew Dawson/Joey should have ended up together. Stupin talking about Meredith being angry. I mean, don't they realize how fcking stupid they looking mentioning things that make them look bad?

So I go back to my same thought... Jack existed, Andie should have as well. Keeping Kerr should have meant keeping Meredith. It is infuriating that they made it so damn obvious as to why one stayed and one went. Kerr stayed because his character was gay and provided a way to "tame" Jen. Meredith had to leave because her character was too big of a threat to Pacey/Joey and Katie in general. It makes me sick. I seriously cannot believe I watched all of this transpire too. I never really followed the politics behind the screen back then. Heck, I barely even got involved in forums at this point. Not like I do now. So I had no idea but if I had even a clue of what was going on, I would have thrown this pathetic show in the trash a long, long time ago.

Quote:
In regards to Bright and Hannah; Bright had made the decision to break up with Hannah for the reasons you mentioned, but could not go through with it. So he knew exactly what his romantic future was going to be. But after the shower incident things had changed. While I believe full on sex was not happening; that was about the only thing not happening, so in my opinion Bright was having a fairly satisfying love life. This is why I consider the cheating incident out of character.
It was all Rina too... I've mentioned before Rina based Hannah on her high school experience/personality. She said she crushed on Bright types. I don't think she ever dated Bright types though so it's possible the cheating actually reflected her real self as well... she crushed on Bright types from afar but never dated any. She could have thought it was an unrealistic scenario (in her own mind) so the cheating played right along with the fantasy and not being real, thus they should break up. But again, we saw them come back together, repair the friendship and looked to be on their way to getting back together. However, that could have been Berlanti's influence too.
Auror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:48 PM
  #22
Administrator
 
Jerry D's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 1999
Posts: 98,019
Posting about Dawson's Creek and later moderating the Dawson's Creek board got me my start at Fan Forum, but if I had to do it all over again, I would have stopped watching the show after Season Two ended. Still though, if I wasn't watching and posting on the Dawson's Creek board in the later seasons, I wouldn't have met you Michelle and I wouldn't have been able to tell you to check out Everwood, so from that aspect I'm glad that I watched Dawson's Creek to the bitter (and I do mean bitter ) end.
__________________
The energy, the faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavor will light our country and all who serve it - and the glow from that fire can truly light the world. - John F. Kennedy

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:50 PM
  #23
Administrator
 
Jerry D's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 1999
Posts: 98,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
It was all Rina too... I've mentioned before Rina based Hannah on her high school experience/personality. She said she crushed on Bright types. I don't think she ever dated Bright types though so it's possible the cheating actually reflected her real self as well... she crushed on Bright types from afar but never dated any. She could have thought it was an unrealistic scenario (in her own mind) so the cheating played right along with the fantasy and not being real, thus they should break up. But again, we saw them come back together, repair the friendship and looked to be on their way to getting back together. However, that could have been Berlanti's influence too.
It's weird because like Rina, Julie Plec played out her bad boy fantasies by hooking up Damon and Elena on The Vampire Diaries after Kevin Williamson left. I'm seeing a pattern here!
__________________
The energy, the faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavor will light our country and all who serve it - and the glow from that fire can truly light the world. - John F. Kennedy

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:36 PM
  #24
Fan Forum Star

 
Auror's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 195,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
It's weird because like Rina, Julie Plec played out her bad boy fantasies by hooking up Damon and Elena on The Vampire Diaries after Kevin Williamson left. I'm seeing a pattern here!
Big time pattern.

Not sure why they think their real life is that interesting.
Auror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:38 PM
  #25
Fan Forum Star

 
Auror's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 195,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Posting about Dawson's Creek and later moderating the Dawson's Creek board got me my start at Fan Forum, but if I had to do it all over again, I would have stopped watching the show after Season Two ended. Still though, if I wasn't watching and posting on the Dawson's Creek board in the later seasons, I wouldn't have met you Michelle and I wouldn't have been able to tell you to check out Everwood, so from that aspect I'm glad that I watched Dawson's Creek to the bitter (and I do mean bitter ) end.
Completely agree.
Auror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:24 PM
  #26
Extreme Fan
 
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 2,203
When I was on IMDB what I found very interesting was the following statement, or a version of it.

When I was a teen I loved Pacey and Joey, but when I got older I realized what a toxic relationship it was. For some reason most of them went on to extol the virtues of Pacey and Andie. Dawson and Joey were mentioned also, but not in the number of Pacey and Andie.

I attribute that to the dominance of Pacey and Andie Season two. I also think people were so disgusted with Joey, they didn't think of her being with someone.

Thoughts?

Last edited by TL22; Today at 03:58 PM
TL22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread

Bookmarks


Forum Affiliates
Emily VanCamp, Chris Pratt Universe, Emily VanCamp Brasil, Chris Pratt Web
Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:14 PM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2020.

Copyright © 1998-2020, Fan Forum.


TEST