Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2005, 09:41 PM
Ultimate Fan

Ephram - My heart breaks for him. Under the circumstances, I don't think he was out of line at all. His head must be spinning in a million different directions and his heart has got to be twisted into all kinds of knots. I don't think that he is really as angry with Amy as he seems. I think he's just hurt that he was once again lied to and by her on top of everything else. I think that once he has time to settle down, she's going to be the first person he forgives and asks forgiveness from. I really hope that he can find peace with all of this.

Delia - I was so glad to have her back and I LOVED her for standing up to her father. Someone needed to tell him what a jerk he's being. Anyone could see that she just wanted to spend time with her dad.

Amy - Emily is so great with conveying emotions in a single look. The whole episode, you could see the wheels turning in her head. You could just by looking in her eyes what she was feeling. That shows her talent incredibly. I feel bad for Amy. I do believe that she was just trying to protect Ephram and that she would have told him the moment he returned to Everwood. She's got such a great heart and just loves him so much.

Amy/Ephram - I don't ever see them being over. They're the couple that can really make it through anything, they've already made it through so much.

Nina/Jake - I really love them. I think they're great together and Jake is just such an amazing person. He's good for Nina. He cares about Nina and it's not an afterthought. I adore their relationship.

Andy - I don't like him. I think he's arrogant and selfish and I don't know if I'll ever be able to feel sympathy for him. He was so worried about Nina/Jake that he couldn't even paint his daughter's room with her. For such a smart guy, he can be so clueless.

Hannah - I'm so happy she's back. She's such a great addition to this show and brings such a unique energy. Her scene with Topher was cute and Sarah looked really great in it.

Bright/Hannah - These two are adorable. I love that he picked her up at the airport and helped her with her stuff. Though, I didn't like him going through it at first, but I liked that she shared her old diary with him. Their fight about her hiding and him giving up on finding direction was great. Sarah and Chris have wonderful chemistry. I think their relationship is going to blossom into one of my favorite relationships of all times. I love how innocent and comfortable they are at the moment, but I really look forward to the day that they become more.

Overall, this was just another great episode of Everwood.

Lisa
Old 04-25-2005, 10:46 PM
Passionate Fan

Let's take a poll. Who here thinks Ephram would've been better off if he had gone back to New York City with his grandparents?

Loved seeing Delia back too. And good for her to given Andy a wakeup call about how easily he can lose her. And he better not cuz she has loads of stuff she can throw back at him. Hell. Maybe he should just go back to letting Ephram raise her.

Harold's concern was very appropriate. And kudos for him not saying the obvious which would've done any good. She became obsessed with Colin to the point of self-destruction. Same with druggie boyfriend guy. She is a drama magnet who becomes too easily obsessed with other peoples problems. Loyalty is a postive attribute but she can take it too far with her boytoys. I liked the moment Harold and Amy had in the car.

Hannah is too lacking in dysfunction to belong with everyones else. Where's her drugs? Where's her child out of wedlock? Where's her booze? Where's her married boyfriend/girlfriend? Come on. Get swallowed by the Everwood Sodom and Gommorah already.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Old 04-26-2005, 02:37 AM
Part-Time Fan

Of the four major characters on the show (Andy, Ephram, Harold, Amy), the one most consistently deserving of sympathy since the Pilot has been Ephram. His Mother dies, leaving him with his absentee Father; he gets ripped from his familiar world and dragged to an alien environment; he falls for a girl who's boyfriend is in a coma; he submerges his yearning enough to become the truest of friends to her; he gets involved in a tortured romance with an inappropriate partner; and when he finally gets the girl of his dreams, he does so under the shadow of an unknown pregnancy. While those around him have demonstrated stupid, petty, self-absorbed, or downright ugly, behavior at times, his less-than-sterling moments have been largely due to angst, not meanness. His life experiences have made him a self-confessed old soul, maturing him beyond his years. I have liked and related to Ephram since the beginning. But, Ephram my boy, you are acting like a petulant twelve year-old. Yes, you have had a shock. Yes, you have been, at least in your own mind, betrayed by people close to you. Should you be hurt, angry, and confused? Absolutely. Should you completely dis-engage your brain? No. Let's be cynical for a moment: there is many a seventeen year-old male out there who, upon finding out after the fact that their old girlfriend had given birth to their child and given him up for adoption to a secure home, would be, figuratively speaking, dancing in the streets that his life hadn't been ruined. You Ephram, being the sensitive artist type, obviously are not like that. Fine, we think well of you for that. But it is eminently possible, even for a seventeen year-old, to continue to think somewhat rationally through a period of trauma. My best friend was killed by a drunk driver when I was sixteen and, although laid low by grief, I didn't lose my ability to reason. Apparently, you have. You've already sacrificed what supposedly (although I have my doubts) has been your life's dream (Julliard), and you did it more for spite than out of emotional turmoil. And now you've sacrificed your relationship with the girl you've loved beyond measure for three years. And why;
1) Because of some incredibly mis-guided compulsion to connect with a child you've already decided not to contest the adoption of? If you had knocked on the door of that house, claiming to be the father, you would have become the adoptive parents' worst nightmare. They probably would have called the police.
2) Because she "betrayed" you by trying to protect your future.
Well let me ask you a question, son. In the very near future when it comes out that you sent in Amy's Princeton application (and forged her essay), isn't your excuse going to be that you were only trying to protect her future?
Do I understand your pain and anger? Yep. Does the way you're acting toward Amy garner my sympathy. Not a chance. Even in your angst, you should know better. Sometimes, a loved one acting in their perception of your best interest should receive your heart-felt appreciation, not your scorn. Get your head out of your you-know-what and apologize to that girl before it's too late. Then you will get back my sympathy. I still believe in you. Now prostrate yourself before her and beg to get her back.
AMY: I've taken my shots at you every now and then, through your earlier self-absorbtion and your false starts in becoming more mature. But last night you knocked me out. You are now officially as beautiful inside as you are on the outside. I've seen it coming for awhile, but you are there. A certain young man should thank God every night for being loved by you. You should be happily finishing up senior year and looking forward to Senior Prom with your love, and college beyond. Instead you've been crapped on by someone you did everything to try to support (loved the "assface" line). I feel your pain. Emily, you deserve an Emmy for last night's episode alone. It has been a long time on TV since anyone could say so much with only their eyes. If I wasn't such an E/A fan, I would tell you to move on and find someone who appreciates you. DID I JUST SAY THAT???
DELIA: It's about time you called your Father out. I was wondering if you ever felt resentful about Dad being so Ephram-centric. I guess we found out. And we found out that Andy is just as clueless about relating to you as ever. Loved how you brought up the long-promised horse. You go, girl.
ANDY: In three years you have offically learned absolutely nothing about being a good father. Your redemption is still a long way out. And didn't you used to have a medical practice?
HANNAH: Isn't it ironic that you, who came along with such a burden hanging over you, are now providing the best moments of levity on the show? Watching you flower is an ongoing pleasure. Take Topher and turn him inside out, then let him down easy before you move on to your Man of Destiny, one Bright Abbott.
All in all, a fine episode. But I have a few questions for consideration:
1) How is it that Ephram always has whatever money he needs? He doesn't earn any. His grandparents might send him some for Christmas (Hannukah?) or his birthday, but does that buy him airline tickets or fifty mile cab rides.?Not to mention date money or gas for his car. He must have a hell of an allowance, but is he willing to take money from Andy these days? And don't you pretty much have to have a credit card to buy an airline ticket? Just wondering.
2) I was out of town for awhile, so this may have been discussed already, but was anyone else surprised to hear Rose calmly discussing the Madison situation with Amy last week? Does this indicate she didn't flip out at Harold for lying to her? Seems like Harold got off scot free with Amy and Rose for not telling them earlier.
3) Does anyone else feel the show has tipped the balance too much toward sadness and turmoil. It seems like earlier, especially in Season 1, there was always enough of the humorous and heart-warming in each show to offset the turmoil and sadness. Now it seems like the sadness has become almost relentless: Andy is a mess, Delia is resentful, Ephram is shattered, Amy has been dumped, Harold is conflicted. It seems like the only moments of levity are coming from Hannah (how weird is that?) and Bright. And there isn't much going on to warm our hearts. I would like to see more of the old humor and happiness brought back to balance out the drama.
4) Not a question, but a comment: Ever since they finally got together, I have been looking forward to seeing Amy and Ephram dance together at their Senior Prom. I saw it as the perfect denouement to the High School stage of their romance. Now, it looks like I (and we) will be cheated out of this. This does not make me happy.
5) Last, but not least: What if Madison wasn't lying when she listed "father unknown"? Just wondering.

Last edited by MAKRO; 04-26-2005 at 07:59 AM
Old 04-26-2005, 03:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

MAKRO. I couldn't agree more with your post. Last night, I wasn't even able to convey my thoughts due to how disappointed I was with Ephram... and how much my heart broke for Amy. I have to run to work, but I just wanted to say that we are on the same, exact page with this episode. If I were to have written up a review of this episode last night/early this morning before work, my post would have looked a hell of a lot like yours. Whenever I get home today, I will expand more on my thoughts (usually, at work/school, I am able to still get on here, but of course, today, I have a huge presentation/exam for school and I will be tied up all day long).

Last edited by jediwands; 04-26-2005 at 04:03 AM
Old 04-26-2005, 04:24 AM
Elite Fan

Okay, let's see how I want to start this post. The episode was so sad, and I agree Marko The humor and heart warming moments are now few and far between, we are getting more anger and angst these days This is really depressing me.

Ephram: What is your problem? Last week I sympathized with you and really felt bad that you didn't know about Madison and the baby. You were angry and you should have been, you still have that right after such a big bomb was dropped on you. But what is going on in your brain? You are being unbelievably rude to the girl you love and have loved for I don't know, since you met her? That is just stupid. You have so many people that your mad at and they just keep building up. Layers and layers of hate and anger. I believe once you realize why Amy didn't tell you was the exact same reason you sent the Pronceton Application, your ganna feel like such an a**. You need to pick up the pace and start to slowly get back to normal and rebuild your life, get a future. You were stupid enough not to take the audtion and soon, you will face the consequences of your actions.

Amy: Wow! First off, Emily VanCamp rocked this episode. She stole the whole show, her scenes were just amazing! As said earlier by many people what she conveyed with her eyes alone was outstanding. I know she deserves that Emmy for the last couple of episodes. Anyway, Amy. She is growing up and maturing. Loved how she got Ephram another audition, she so loves that guy. My heart broke for her when Ephram broke up with her. How much of a jerk is he? She was just trying to give him a future and help him achieve his dreams. And the scene with Harold in the car amazing. I'm going to say it, she broke my heart and I was in tears. Amy has grown up to be such a great person.

Andy: I'm having touble figuring out why Nina and Jake's relationship is more important than your own daughter? I'm having a hard time understanding this. You need to let it go and just let Nina be happy because francly, you don't deserve her. Plus, start to hang out with Delia pay attention to her and buy her the freaking horse already!

Delia: Good for you! You finally told your father what he deserved! Viven did a great job last night and is just amazing. I'm so glad Delia told her dad that he had been ignoring her and just taking their relationship for granted. I'm very proud of you. And hope Delia gets more screen time, but I'm not sure I see that happening.

Hannah: You are the sunshine in the storm. But really she was the relief from all the anger and angst in this episode and it was welcomed. I loved how she finally got the courage to ask Topher out and knows that she needs to live her life. Of course Topher was right, she is like so perfect and I just want to see her have fun and do some stuff her herself.

Bright: I loved, loved, loved his conversation with Hannah about taking risks. Sarah and Chris have amazing chemistry and were just amazing. I'm hoping Bight is starting to see what a great girl Hannah is. Maybe he'll regret telling her to take risks because he's jealous of Topher? Okay, I am aloud to dream

Those are my thoughts, thought I'd write them now because last week there was no time to post thoughts on "Fate Accompli"
Old 04-26-2005, 06:33 AM
Jay
Master Fan

ok this was the first episode i've seen since the hiatus....

I blame certain people for eventually breaking up Amy/Eprham.

Andy : I know that as a father, u must protect your own child. But in this case, Andy had no right to get involved, much less, take control of the situation behind Ephram's back. I mean, paying off Madison to keep the secret as well as suggesting abortion (or adoption) without Ephram's knowledge....I know he thinks he did it with best intentions with regards to his son's life and future, but his methods were too extreme and that will proved to costly for his relationship with Ephram.

Harold: I blame him for telling his daughter, Amy at the worst timing possible. Again, he wanted to protect and be honest to his daughter...but he knew well advanced, that telling Amy about Madison/Ephram situation would break them apart . He just dumped everything on her and let her decide what she wanted to do...also knowing full well, that it was gonna be very hard for her to not tell Ephram but at the same time, might cost her realtionship. I just wished Harold should have never told her in the first place. He should had forced/persuaded Andy to tell the truth to his son first....then Ephram would confide in Amy, and then eventually harold would be there for Amy to pick up the pieces. If this were to happen the right way, the level of trust and honesty would be there between Amy/Ephram...and their relationship would have stayed intact.

Madison: She had to tell Epram at the most worst timing possible...right before his Julliard audition. Because of her, he missed the audition and his child was given up for adoption. I felt she was selfish...she could have waited but no.

-----------------

Ephram: Poor guy, been lied to by four people. Now he's got everything going into his head...can't think straight...i don't blame him. I can't wait till he blows up in Andy's face when he finds out about him/Madison situation. I think once he does, he will feel the need to move back to New York with grandparents. But he shouldn't have been mad to Amy and tear there relationship apart...i mean she was the only one really looking out for you.

Amy: It's sad to see her broken up but she's really the one looking out for Ephram. I mean she was willing to help him out...regardless if he knew she knew or not.

Bright/Hannah: Hannah is back. Bright is definetly feeling comfortable with her
Old 04-26-2005, 06:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Now this was one episode, I did watch.

Ephrum Nothing could speak volumes of how I feel about Ephrum. I mean going off on Amy the one person who contines to be there for him. and now he is acting all like " well you lied to me too, so that makes u the enemy give me a break. I know he is angry and he is entitled but the one person who always supported, always wanted what was best for you, who loves you. Doesnt deserve to be treated like crap. and its like with application he did with amy, makes him even more of a hypocrite. I swear its like he is trying so hard to end things with amy, well guess what i think he succeeded.

Andy Stop ignoring your daughter, you dont want her to end of like ephrum was and still is do you.

Amy is about the only thing that is making me like the show right now, i feel so bad for her, no one seems to realize how this impacting her, accept maybe her father. But its like i am glad she finally let her feelings good. Amy has become one of my fave charcters now. and i would hate to see her hurt than she already has been.
Old 04-26-2005, 07:00 AM
New Fan

Sooo Sad!

Whatever slight disappointment I felt about last weeks episode, this eppy made up for it tenfold. I was actually crying by the end of it. As bad as I felt for Ephram, Amy totally stole the show. Emily Vancamp is one amazing actress! On a side note, Bright and Hannah were awefully cute together. Is it just me or does Topher look about thirty?
Old 04-26-2005, 07:16 AM
Elite Fan

Wow. It finally happened. I've been dreading that all season, but it is still surprising that it happened. I'll be back later with my actual thoughts on the episode....
Old 04-26-2005, 11:45 AM
Master Fan

Hey, Ken, the reason why you didn't see Everwood last night. Could it have been because you were at the Green Day concert? I know you're a fan and you're upstate NY so I thought I'd take a guess....

Anywho, excellent episode. Loved Delia in the episode, she was perfection. Though with my greenish tint on my TV kinda made me not be able to see the ROBIN'S EGG BLUE that Andy painted her room. What the hell was he thinking???

Also loved Hannah, so adorable! Glad Bright picked her up!

Question that I think I know the answer to but Dad wasn't sure so I'll ask: Was the baby outside when Ephram looked out? If so, why weren't the Wagleys out with their adopted son???

Painful to see Ephram and Amy break up.

Next week: Amy gets into Princeton! I wonder what she'll think when she gets the acceptance (which incidentally, is the title of the episode)

Topher does look old but not 30, Martina!
I made my icon.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:54 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BepperGirl
Hey, Ken, the reason why you didn't see Everwood last night. Could it have been because you were at the Green Day concert? I know you're a fan and you're upstate NY so I thought I'd take a guess....
Alas ... no.

I went out to dinner with a friend ... and got back around 10:30-11.

kenny | credit
Old 04-26-2005, 12:04 PM
Master Fan

Oh too bad. I heard it was a really great concert. Queen meets the Clash and people have never rocked so hard to "A Hard Day's Night" (initially by the Beatles) before. whole review

I am so glad that The WB did not shorten the episode order for Everwood. (Was there a risk of that? No. But FOX shortened the episode order of Arrested Development from 22 to 18 so if The WB did the same to Everwood, it would mean last night was the season finale. Heehee.)
I made my icon.
Old 04-26-2005, 12:19 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BepperGirl

Question that I think I know the answer to but Dad wasn't sure so I'll ask: Was the baby outside when Ephram looked out? If so, why weren't the Wagleys out with their adopted son???
No the baby wasn't outside. All Ephram saw was one of those playhouses people set up for their babies and a swingset.
Pam: What are you doing? What do you expect me to say to that?
Jim: I just needed you to know. Once.

Last edited by BepperGirl; 04-26-2005 at 01:11 PM
Old 04-26-2005, 01:09 PM
Extreme Fan

So glad to see Hannah back. I loved that Bright was the one who picked her up at the airport, and the little fight they had. It wasn't even bad, it was just funny and cute to me... and that's what Bright and Hannah are. Like most of you have already said, they're comfortable with eachother and I love that about them. They can tell eachother almost anything, and Hannah even let Bright read her diary. Now that Hannah and Topher are going on dates, I see Bright getting jealous about it. Maybe.

So... Ephram and Amy are broken up. That makes me sad, but I knew it was coming. I kind of thought Ephram was being a jerk to her, and saying "Right now, it's more important than you." was a little harsh since Amy's been doing her best to help him.

Andy needs to stop ignoring Delia and being so clueless.

It's like infinite – it's kinda how I feel about us.
Jake&Peyton. Brooke&Lucas. Bright&Hannah.
Joan&Adam. Ephram&Amy. Clark&Chloe.

Last edited by glory fades; 04-26-2005 at 01:16 PM
Old 04-26-2005, 01:12 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Eden
No the baby wasn't outside. All Ephram saw was one of those playhouses people set up for their babies and a swingset.
Oh ok, and I just edited your post. Just to make the quote coding appear correctly.
I made my icon.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread