Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2018, 07:38 AM
  #31
Fan Forum Hero

 
pandiexjeyton's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 63,408
Yes I know she never ran from pacey.
__________________
Sean♥Emma Craig♥Manny Sean♥Ellie Spinner♥Paige Spinner♥Darcy Campbell♥Maya Zig♥Maya Zig♥Tori Jake♥Katie Drew♥Bianca/Clare/Katie
Dont say I never gave you anything Nathan and Haley
pandiexjeyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 07:41 AM
  #32
Elite Fan

 
Crystal Clear's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Movies
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 45,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandiexjeyton (View Post)
Yes I know she never ran from pacey.
Maybe she did at some points, but it wasn't to the same level she did with Dawson and it certainly didn't justify her big speech in the Finale about how she needs to stop running from Pacey, because if we're looking at it in a bigger context, Joey spent a lifetime trying to escape Dawson and the Creek. The whole story-arc of their relationship revolved around that.
__________________

You're the first boy I ever kissed, Jake. I want you to be the last.
JakeMelanie
Crystal Clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 12:48 AM
  #33
Extreme Fan
 
Dairfan21's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 2,211
I feel like DJo was always plagued by bad timing more than anything else and they are like star crossed lovers to me

Dawson grew up so much though so I also disagree that she reverts back to her childhood self with him
__________________

You know, Ernest only has lovely things to say about you

Dairfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 06:16 AM
  #34
Fan Forum Hero

 
pandiexjeyton's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 63,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4brathan&brucas (View Post)
Maybe she did at some points, but it wasn't to the same level she did with Dawson and it certainly didn't justify her big speech in the Finale about how she needs to stop running from Pacey, because if we're looking at it in a bigger context, Joey spent a lifetime trying to escape Dawson and the Creek. The whole story-arc of their relationship revolved around that.
yes the finale made no sense.
__________________
Sean♥Emma Craig♥Manny Sean♥Ellie Spinner♥Paige Spinner♥Darcy Campbell♥Maya Zig♥Maya Zig♥Tori Jake♥Katie Drew♥Bianca/Clare/Katie
Dont say I never gave you anything Nathan and Haley
pandiexjeyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 05:03 PM
  #35
Master Fan

 
rossfangirl86's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Hilarie Burton
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 22,928
If you look at s6 alone, it's obvious that Joey ran away from an adult relationship with Dawson. Didn't he even say something like that before he left in 6x02? She pushed him away because things weren't the way she imagined them to be. She's the one who was looking for a fairytale more than Dawson was. In s2, instead of trying to work things out with him, she left the relationship twice. She even admitted she was scared of how much he meant to her and her identity. Which kind of reflects that big speech she made in the s6 finale. So yeah, I'll never buy that that speech was meant for PJo and not DJo. Especially given that the writers admitted that PJo ending up together was a last minute decision so most of the finale and s6 was building up to an ultimate DJo reunion.
__________________
Wall-e ♥ Ev-a
visit HB ♥ | avi by peterphoenix
rossfangirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 06:31 AM
  #36
Fan Forum Hero

 
pandiexjeyton's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 63,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossfangirl86 (View Post)
If you look at s6 alone, it's obvious that Joey ran away from an adult relationship with Dawson. Didn't he even say something like that before he left in 6x02? She pushed him away because things weren't the way she imagined them to be. She's the one who was looking for a fairytale more than Dawson was. In s2, instead of trying to work things out with him, she left the relationship twice. She even admitted she was scared of how much he meant to her and her identity. Which kind of reflects that big speech she made in the s6 finale. So yeah, I'll never buy that that speech was meant for PJo and not DJo. Especially given that the writers admitted that PJo ending up together was a last minute decision so most of the finale and s6 was building up to an ultimate DJo reunion.
yes. we needed better writing.
__________________
Sean♥Emma Craig♥Manny Sean♥Ellie Spinner♥Paige Spinner♥Darcy Campbell♥Maya Zig♥Maya Zig♥Tori Jake♥Katie Drew♥Bianca/Clare/Katie
Dont say I never gave you anything Nathan and Haley
pandiexjeyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 06:23 AM
  #37
Elite Fan

 
Crystal Clear's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Movies
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 45,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dairfan21 (View Post)
I feel like DJo was always plagued by bad timing more than anything else and they are like star crossed lovers to me

Agree so much with the bad timing (hence, their break-up over his stupid off-screen fling with Natasha) and they were definitely the core couple of the show from the beginning, which is why I discredit anything said in the Finale about them being "pure and innocent." Really, was it pure and innocent when they had sex and they were really happy about it the next morning?


Quote:
If you look at s6 alone, it's obvious that Joey ran away from an adult relationship with Dawson. Didn't he even say something like that before he left in 6x02? She pushed him away because things weren't the way she imagined them to be. She's the one who was looking for a fairytale more than Dawson was. In s2, instead of trying to work things out with him, she left the relationship twice. She even admitted she was scared of how much he meant to her and her identity. Which kind of reflects that big speech she made in the s6 finale. So yeah, I'll never buy that that speech was meant for PJo and not DJo. Especially given that the writers admitted that PJo ending up together was a last minute decision so most of the finale and s6 was building up to an ultimate DJo reunion.

I agree with this too, and yes, Kevin Williamson did say that his original aim was to get Dawson and Joey back together.


If you listen to the Finale DVD commentary, it is Paul Stupin who is more enthusiastic about Joey choosing Pacey instead of Dawson. Kevin sounds really conflicted about it and starts saying how his Dad hated the decision.


I still think the Penultimate episode, where Joey ends up in France, should have been THE Finale.
__________________

You're the first boy I ever kissed, Jake. I want you to be the last.
JakeMelanie
Crystal Clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 04:03 PM
  #38
Master Fan

 
rossfangirl86's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Hilarie Burton
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 22,928
^ Yeah I think it would've been better to see Joey finally go to Paris after all those years and leave the fans wondering/speculating about what would happen next. If they weren't going to commit to DJo, then that would've been the better ending imo. Not to mention that things ended on a happier note for Jen and Dawson as well.
__________________
Wall-e ♥ Ev-a
visit HB ♥ | avi by peterphoenix
rossfangirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 05:04 PM
  #39
Elite Fan

 
Crystal Clear's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Movies
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 45,128
Agreed. That's another thing that bothered me about the Finale - it tried too hard to give everybody closure. Jen's death was beyond ridiculous and done for melodramatic purposes. Claiming that it was done as a full-circle thing with her being the last one to join the group and the first one to leave is quite disrespectful


The penultimate episode had everything you could possibly want - Jen alive and hanging out with Jack and Grams, Dawson and Pacey reuniting over their shared acknowledgement of their love for Joey, and Joey fulfilling her dream of travel.
__________________

You're the first boy I ever kissed, Jake. I want you to be the last.
JakeMelanie
Crystal Clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 07:38 PM
  #40
Fan Forum Hero

 
JJH85's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 50,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4brathan&brucas (View Post)
Agreed. That's another thing that bothered me about the Finale - it tried too hard to give everybody closure. Jen's death was beyond ridiculous and done for melodramatic purposes. Claiming that it was done as a full-circle thing with her being the last one to join the group and the first one to leave is quite disrespectful


The penultimate episode had everything you could possibly want - Jen alive and hanging out with Jack and Grams, Dawson and Pacey reuniting over their shared acknowledgement of their love for Joey, and Joey fulfilling her dream of travel.
I think originally they thought they might actually end it there, but then when Kevin agreed to come back and write a finale, that's how we got the last 2 hours. If I have my facts straight.
__________________
FB / Twitter / Pinterest /
My love for Josh Jackson knows no bounds

Last edited by JJH85; 05-13-2018 at 08:25 PM
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 06:55 PM
  #41
Fan Forum Hero

 
pandiexjeyton's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 63,408
yes she was on the phone with dawson in the finale.
__________________
Sean♥Emma Craig♥Manny Sean♥Ellie Spinner♥Paige Spinner♥Darcy Campbell♥Maya Zig♥Maya Zig♥Tori Jake♥Katie Drew♥Bianca/Clare/Katie
Dont say I never gave you anything Nathan and Haley
pandiexjeyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 12:14 PM
  #42
Extreme Fan
 
Dairfan21's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 2,211
it seems like the photobucket links in the op are working again

rossfangirl86 can you add in the picspam for season 4?

thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4brathan&brucas (View Post)
Agreed. That's another thing that bothered me about the Finale - it tried too hard to give everybody closure. Jen's death was beyond ridiculous and done for melodramatic purposes. Claiming that it was done as a full-circle thing with her being the last one to join the group and the first one to leave is quite disrespectful


The penultimate episode had everything you could possibly want - Jen alive and hanging out with Jack and Grams, Dawson and Pacey reuniting over their shared acknowledgement of their love for Joey, and Joey fulfilling her dream of travel.
^yeah I agree Jen's death was basically the catalyst for Joey choosing a guy

and they were so happy and content the morning after their first time unlike PJo *cough* PJo
__________________

You know, Ernest only has lovely things to say about you


Last edited by Dairfan21; 05-17-2018 at 01:51 AM
Dairfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 07:46 AM
  #43
Elite Fan

 
Crystal Clear's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Movies
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 45,128
The Season 5 finale airport love confession and that entire season was completely in favor of D/Jo endgame ~





The only good parts of Season 6 for DJo was the bar dance to As I Lay Me Down in first episode and their morning after excitement.


Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
I think originally they thought they might actually end it there, but then when Kevin agreed to come back and write a finale, that's how we got the last 2 hours. If I have my facts straight.

Kevin talks a lot on the episode DVD commentary about how he had set up the whole situation and dialogue as a means for Dawson and Joey to reunite in the Finale. Then he talked through it with other writers (probably Paul Stupin) and made a last-moment decision to change the endgame to Pacey.


__________________

You're the first boy I ever kissed, Jake. I want you to be the last.
JakeMelanie
Crystal Clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 04:07 PM
  #44
Master Fan

 
rossfangirl86's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Hilarie Burton
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 22,928
^ Yet the speech remained the same.

Would you guys have preferred to see the show end with Coda or Swan Song?

And glad to see that the photos are back in the OP. I'll add the season four pics now.
__________________
Wall-e ♥ Ev-a
visit HB ♥ | avi by peterphoenix
rossfangirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 04:52 PM
  #45
Extreme Fan
 
Dairfan21's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 2,211
thanks!

idk quite honestly all of the final DJo scenes from the S4, 5, and 6 finales make me pretty emotional in different ways

but I guess I have to go with Coda cause that's one of my all-time fave eps/season finales from the whole series

that airport scene was totally reminiscent of the Ross and Rachel one except this aired before that
__________________

You know, Ernest only has lovely things to say about you

Dairfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2018.

Copyright © 1998-2018, Fan Forum.