Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2011, 01:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree that Dawson should have kicked his ass. Pacey was so messed up in that situation. He should have come straight to Dawson about his feelings for Joey and explained things before he ever started something with Joey. I'm not saying that Dawson would have gave him permission or accepted it but it was still the right thing to do. He lied to Dawson for months and snuck around his back and then had the nerve to blame his entire failure in his relationship with Joey on Dawson. It had nothing to do with Dawson and everything to do with his own damn insecurities that he would never be better than Dawson.

Oh I definitely agree that even though she choose Pacey again that he would have screwed it up, again, it was only a matter of time.
Old 12-26-2011, 01:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That was what hurt the most, Dawson trusted Pacey with Joey, he asked him to look after her - and it wasn't that he didn't care, or that he didn't want her, and he told Pacey that much (and doesn't he, at one point, throw this at Dawson's face?) - and that's why the whole going behind his back was so very awful, he didn't deserve it.
Old 12-26-2011, 09:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ya he did throw it at Dawson's face, I can't remember the episode but I remember him basically blaming Dawson for everything because of it. That is so stupid, Dawson was trying to do what was best for him at the time seperating himself from Joey. He needed to move on and stop pining after her but that didn't mean he stopped caring and he wanted to know that she would be okay so he turned to his best friend for help thinking he could trust him with the most important thing in his life and it turned out he couldn't.

I just hated how insecure Pacey felt when it came to Dawson even though he really had no reason to, it made him a horrible character. I hated hearing him pity himself all the time blaming everyone and everything for his life being messed up except for himself. Yes he had a crappy life and a family that didn't give a crap but if that was me that would just make me want to do better and prove everyone wrong but Pacey gave in to that and just thought he was a failure until he became one.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks! I remembered the argument but couldn't remember the episode.
Old 12-26-2011, 06:49 PM
Dedicated Fan

I love this thread, I thought I was the only one.
leifss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 07:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh no definitely not the only one
Old 12-26-2011, 07:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure.Magic (View Post)
How was I not aware of the existence of this thread?

I adored Pacey till S2, but the whole PJo arc and the whining and the ~charity project~ behaviour got on my nerves. But the biggest reason I guess was his break up with Andie (even though it was sort of justified), I always remained bitter about that.
I hated pacey when he was with Joey. he got so insecure and seemed like a completely different person, always putting himself down.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ya he pitied himself way too much and it was annoying as hell.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

And remember that one episode where he somehow manages to connect him failing at school to Dawson?

Joey: Pacey, what does Dawson have to do with you screwing up at school?

Pacey: Well, nothing and everything. (sits down next to Joey) Dawson Leery would never have screwed up like I did, Jo. It just wouldn't have happened, you know that.

I never understood how any of this made any sense. I mean, everytime something went wrong in S4, he blamed it on Dawson.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:52 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
And remember that one episode where he somehow manages to connect him failing at school to Dawson?

Pacey: Well, nothing and everything. (sits down next to Joey) Dawson Leery would never have screwed up like I did, Jo. It just wouldn't have happened, you know that.

I never understood how any of this made any sense. I mean, everytime something went wrong in S4, he blamed it on Dawson.
I know!! Always blaming Dawson and I never understood this either. Dawson did not interfere in their relationship at all in Season 4 so it confused me where Pacey was coming from all the time when he played the blame or compare to Dawson card all the time.

I really do Love Pacey, I really do. However I really found it very difficult to like him in Season 4. He was not the Pacey I love in all other seasons. I am sorry but the relationship with Joey brought out the worst in him.

Andie: "And where we had our first kiss. I remember my knees were shaking like crazy."

Pacey: "My heart... boom boom boom boom boom boom"
pacenjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:

Yes! Exactly. How the hell is that Dawson's fault. He just wanted Joey to feel sorry for him because he wasn't as good as Dawson but he just made himself look stupid. How pathetic is it to constantly compare yourself to Dawson over and over again. Get over it!
Old 12-30-2011, 08:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacenjen (View Post)
I know!! Always blaming Dawson and I never understood this either. Dawson did not interfere in their relationship at all in Season 4 so it confused me where Pacey was coming from all the time when he played the blame or compare to Dawson card all the time.

I really do Love Pacey, I really do. However I really found it very difficult to like him in Season 4. He was not the Pacey I love in all other seasons. I am sorry but the relationship with Joey brought out the worst in him.
Amen girl! I agree. I love my pacey but not with Joey. miss the old one!
Old 01-01-2012, 07:09 AM
Obsessed Fan

Add me to the list if this is one...

only season i liked pacey was in season 2..every other season was all about himself!!!

he was perfect with andie, but after that all down hill and didn't like him so much..a bit of season 5 was OK..

I feel the same as all the other posts when they talk about pacey..especially when it comes to talk about DJ..

totally agree with DawsonCreek1998 post!
taubman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by taubman (View Post)

only season i liked pacey was in season 2..every other season was all about himself!!!

he was perfect with andie, but after that all down hill and didn't like him so much..a bit of season 5 was OK..

I feel the same as all the other posts when they talk about pacey..especially when it comes to talk about DJ..

I agree with you. i loved Pacey but not when he was with Joey. He's my second favorite tv character.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by taubman (View Post)

Season 2 was the best for Pacey! All the other seasons were pretty bad but he did have moments.