Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2011, 07:55 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touldengal (View Post)
He ended up suffering for it because with Joey being his "one," he wasn't hers. It's sad!
i mean jeez, joey made it clear that pacey always had her heart.

should of let him and jen reunite or someone new
americanamuchacha020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 02:23 PM
Master Fan

Ugh, that anti-prom scene. Dawson was just so....his immaturity and whining was really brought up a notch in that scene, and that's saying something, i tell you.
clarkson_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali (View Post)

OMG I hated him so much in The Anti-Prom!!!! I know the boat episode tends to come up more when people point to his appalling late season 3 behaviour, but he really enrages me in the prom episode as well. First he makes a big deal to Joey about let's just go as friends and promises not to pressure her into choosing between him and Pacey, and then as soon as she accepts a dance with Pacey he starts screaming in her face!!!! Where's season 1 Joey with a lunch tray to knock him out when you need her

And poor Joey is saying that it shouldn't matter who she dances with because Dawson said going to Prom was about getting their friendship back on-track, and then Dawson is all I said it was about moving forward, you can't have thought that just meant friendship. Oh I don't know how Joey could have possibly been so silly and naive to believe that, maybe because THAT'S WHAT YOU TOLD HER when you freaking held her to the childhood pact to go together in the first place

I mean Joey literally jumped back and flinched at the way he turned around screaming at her. How did the writers think this was an okay way for their lead character to behave, how did they never think that Dawson owed both Joey and Pacey an apology for the way he treated them :headdesk:
Old 09-22-2011, 08:59 PM
Addicted Fan

****, the old joey would of never accepted someone screaming in her face like that,

dawson owed pacey and joey a huge apology for being the worst biggest prick!
americanamuchacha020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:42 AM
Elite Fan

Oh wow. That anti-prom episode I can't stand the way he yelled at her either. It made ME flinch. And then he kissed her. I almost died lol.
Touldengal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 01:40 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by antisocial (View Post)
Where's season 1 Joey with a lunch tray to knock him out when you need her
Yeah I liked her

Quote:
I mean Joey literally jumped back and flinched at the way he turned around screaming at her. How did the writers think this was an okay way for their lead character to behave
That seems to be the biggest head scratcher and I'd love to hear them give an explanation for all that. If they had cameras in the writers room we'd be able to hear some of their reasoning first hand. If only.
-Safe
‘ChelsღChina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 04:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

And they got that his behaviour was unacceptable and they spend time on trying to win the audience back to him in season 4, but for some reason couldn't bring themselves to have Dawson admit that he didn't handle himself well at that time either and apologise

And urgh Dawson didn't just kiss Joey after that screaming tantrum, he was also saying "you'd be missing a lot" if you didn't pick him. Yeah, I can see that
Old 09-23-2011, 01:01 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
And they got that his behaviour was unacceptable and they spend time on trying to win the audience back to him in season 4, but for some reason couldn't bring themselves to have Dawson admit that he didn't handle himself well at that time either and apologise
IKR? And an apology from Dawson I think would have made such a big difference.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:46 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, i would have hated him a little less if he had apologized. He would have been redeemed slightly in my eyes.
Old 09-24-2011, 02:25 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'm afraid I lost interest in Dawson around the beginning of season 2 and after that I just became bored or irritated by him (especially in seasons 3 and 4). He became more bearable in season 5 but I wouldn't have missed him if he had not been there (not good for a title character!).

I think the writers were so busy trying to impress us that he was an idealistic dreamer they didn't realise it made him come across as a self-obsessed immature child a lot of the time. A shame really.
escapism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:13 AM
Elite Fan

It could have been written so nicely because people love to watch the idealistic dreamer... It keeps things innocent! But I agree, they took it too far and instead of innocent, we got immature and childlike.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:56 AM
Passionate Fan

Boy, am i glad to see a thread dedicated to the hatred for Dawson Leery.
Major Love for this thread!

i know that this is for the best
but it doesn't hurt any less
PaireInLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 12:59 PM
Elite Fan

ikr?
it's just that in an anti-couples thread, we sometimes couldnt really say what we wanted to as it relates to Dawson, but now we can!!
Old 09-25-2011, 02:12 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, it was always hard having to relate every negative thing i had to say about Dawson to Joey. I had to check myself several times.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:56 PM
Ali
Master Fan

So did I, lol. I understand why most boards don't have these threads (because they can get out of control in the wrong fandom) but it's really nice to have a place to vent about characters who are endlessly frustrating like Dawson was.

And I agree with you guys, an apology would've made a big difference. I was glad that he at least worked on his friendship with Joey in S4 but I loathed him for not giving Pacey the same time and respect.
Dawson's Creek board!
Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread