Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2018, 09:30 AM
Elite Fan

If Rey and Ren work together, that's still not enough to take down the FO. The FO has a large fleet, if the stormtroopers rebel and sabotage their own spaceships, okay, but I don't see our romantic duo using the Force to destroy god knows how many ships.

I don't see the rebellion gain 50 000 more members in two years, if that's the time jump. That's why a plan to unbrainwash the stormtroopers could help. Unless there's a magical weapon in IX but I don't see how that would be well received by the fans.

I really wonder how the writers will write the FO. Because it has to lose. But it's such a huge organization, how to do that without a repeat of ROTJ? Unless, of course, Kylo Ren is a good leader and has a good number of people following him, and Hux hates the new politic for the FO and tries a coup, leading to a civil war within the FO?

Still, I hope that the Knights of Ren will help Kylo Ren. I wonder where they are, what they do. Did Snoke organize things like this:

- Hux leads the army and the FO,
- Kylo Ren is (was) Snoke's apprentice and in charge of finding Luke,
- The Knights were sent to look for Sith/Jedi artefacts (in that case, they might have found one and give it to Kylo Ren to use?)

- Michael and Maria belong together (Thania St John, writer)
Icon : ?
Old 05-23-2018, 10:17 AM
Supreme Fan

Well, if Kylo and the Stormtroopers rebel, then where does it leave the FO really? Because the Stormtroopers are large part of the FO. Then I think that the FO would be outnumbered. Unless of course they'd build some sort of new superweapon. Also I kinda love the theory about that at the end there won't be a big fight at all. People on both sides are already tired of the war and constant fighting and thus loss of many lives. I feel like Rose's line about saving what we love, not fighting what we hate will resonate through the Episode IX. Ben and Rey would create something new and a peace treaty would be signed or something. Then it would leave the few really radical people, who would refuse to give up the fight, like Hux on the FO side and I like the theory about Poe being the one on the Ressistance side. It was said that the trilogy would come full circle at the end, but also that Episode IX would be something completely new and unexpected, so maybe they'll suprise us. And like I said I really like that theory

Icon Credit
Old 05-23-2018, 04:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That tweet above of the art
Old 05-23-2018, 11:42 PM
Supreme Fan

From TLJ comics

Rian liked this

Icon Credit
Old 05-24-2018, 01:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

^^ "You're with Skywalker, aren't you? I can sense him close to you."

Oh my god, the bond between Rey and Ben is SO strong that he can sense her interactions with Luke even though he's not standing next to her

Rian Johnson's just the coolest It's obvious that he has a deep respect for the Reylo fandom and he can see how much the Rey/Ben pairing means to people.

That quote from THE JEDI PATH book would make a great title

Adam's face in the throne room scene when he holds his hand out to her always gets me, he gulps so noticeably, so vulnerable

Umm, guys -

Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 05-24-2018, 06:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh look at that dress
Old 05-24-2018, 09:49 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
^^ "You're with Skywalker, aren't you? I can sense him close to you."

Oh my god, the bond between Rey and Ben is SO strong that he can sense her interactions with Luke even though he's not standing next to her

Amazing

Quote:
That quote from THE JEDI PATH book would make a great title

It really would but I'm afraid it's too long

Quote:
Umm, guys -

Love it! I want that dress

They know what's up ETA: so according to some people the clips were provided by Lucasfilm, if they really are behind it, then it's huge

And I don't wanna make it all about me, but I'm gonna anyway cause it's my birthday today!!!

Icon Credit

Last edited by Foxie; 05-24-2018 at 11:06 AM
Old 05-24-2018, 03:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Enjoy happy bday
Old 05-24-2018, 03:48 PM
Supreme Fan

Thank you, Sarah

Icon Credit
Old 05-24-2018, 03:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Your welcome hope it was good and hope Solo ended up being great for your birthday
Old 05-24-2018, 03:55 PM
Supreme Fan

It was a great birthday, I met with my friends, got a lot of chocolates and a new SW themed exercise book for school, my friends know me so well and I indeed loved Solo

Icon Credit
Old 05-25-2018, 12:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, TEREZA! Hope you had a great day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxie (View Post)
It really would but I'm afraid it's too long

We could divide it into multiple titles

Quote:
Love it! I want that dress

I hope she wears it and gets to meet Adam and Daisy and I wanna know their reactions :cheers
:

Quote:
They know what's up ETA: so according to some people the clips were provided by Lucasfilm, if they really are behind it, then it's huge

I bet this angered antis who hoped that John Williams was right when he expressed doubt over Kylo ~lying~ in the throne room

How much more will it take to spell it out for people that Reylo is the CENTER of the Sequels? I feel as if it needs to be slapped in people's faces on a daily basis. It's just insane. Although I've always believed that people knew from day 1 that Reylo was the canon pairing and that's why there's such an outcry either for or against it
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 05-25-2018, 01:08 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, TEREZA! Hope you had a great day.

Thank you I had a great day

Quote:
We could divide it into multiple titles

That's always an option

Quote:
I hope she wears it and gets to meet Adam and Daisy and I wanna know their reactions

Yes, that would be awesome! But I just wanna their reactions about Reylo in general, I don't think that ever since the premiere they were asked about it.

Quote:
How much more will it take to spell it out for people that Reylo is the CENTER of the Sequels? I feel as if it needs to be slapped in people's faces on a daily basis. It's just insane. Although I've always believed that people knew from day 1 that Reylo was the canon pairing and that's why there's such an outcry either for or against it

I feel like it's beeing slapped over their faces on daily basis already. Yet, a lot of them still remain totally ignorant towards it

Icon Credit
Old 05-25-2018, 01:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxie (View Post)
Yes, that would be awesome! But I just wanna their reactions about Reylo in general, I don't think that ever since the premiere they were asked about it.

I feel as if they've both deliberately kept schtum because they weren't sure what would happen in IX and they didn't want to make snap judgments based on only half of the trilogy

Plus, the cast are always sworn to silence when it comes to plot points. Adam sits through interviews looking terrified that he might give too much away

Quote:
I feel like it's beeing slapped over their faces on daily basis already. Yet, a lot of them still remain totally ignorant towards it

I'm okay with it until it turns into vicious, targeted harassment. For example, I've not liked what I've seen on social media from antis lately. Going wayyyy too far
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 05-25-2018, 01:43 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
I feel as if they've both deliberately kept schtum because they weren't sure what would happen in IX and they didn't want to make snap judgments based on only half of the trilogy

Sorry, I meant that there really wasn't any proper interview after TLJ

Quote:
Plus, the cast are always sworn to silence when it comes to plot points. Adam sits through interviews looking terrified that he might give too much away

Honestly, Adam's not very good at it

Quote:
I'm okay with it until it turns into vicious, targeted harassment. For example, I've not liked what I've seen on social media from antis lately. Going wayyyy too far

Yeah, I feel like it's getting worse and worse lately, just awful

This is a bit spoilerish about Solo, but Lawrence Kasdan confiriming that there is a romance treated cautiously in the ST

Also, is the new or old?

Icon Credit
Closed Thread   Post New Thread