IKR! You don't notice gradually. But comparison photos are like
Old 07-26-2022, 09:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

He's not aging poorly, though.
Old 07-26-2022, 07:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

No but you can tell time has passed.

Quote:
Let's raise a glass to all the aunts and uncles on #NationalAuntAndUncleDay!

Last edited by BehrItAll; 07-26-2022 at 08:33 PM
Old 07-27-2022, 12:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

awww it's nice that they get a day too
Old 07-27-2022, 08:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

It’s so sweet.
Old 07-28-2022, 09:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

for our uncles and aunts.
Old 08-05-2022, 10:20 PM
Graphics Team
kooky saiyan girl

That's adorable
Old 08-06-2022, 07:04 AM
New Fan

I wasn't sure what to expect from this show. I was leery of it, but the trailers were well-made. As a fan of most of the franchise, I was still going to check it out.

This show did exactly what I feared. After Obi-Wan maimed Anakin, he peaced out. He disappeared. He was not planet hopping doing missions for people. He never met Leia and never fought Vader between the two movies. He hid and watched (Luke). He was not aware a resistance existed, let alone fought with them.

When Leia contacted him in ANH, that was the first he heard of the Rebellion. Just watch the movie, you can see it on his face. He saw that as an opportunity to get back in the game. Help out; just let he did in this series after hiding for 10 years. His passion was reignited. He was making his last stand.

That being said, I did enjoy the show. It showed Obi-Wan as a broken and defeated man, which makes perfect sense given after he watched the fall of the Jedi and Republic. Baby Leia was cute and funny, Reva was enjoyable after a slow start (once she tried to kill Vader), and Vader was as imposing as he should be.

Vader is pure hate. He is angry and hateful. A force of nature that serves no other purpose than to inflict pain on those who impose him. You can actually see this guy defeating Palpatine and being the most powerful person in the universe. The Marvel comics do an excellent job of portraying that. I'm super behind, but the ones I have read really showcase him as a villain. None of this "poor Anakin" crap, but the villain we all know him as. This show replicates that perfectly.

But I just can't ignore that comic book, novel cartoon - some of which I like - territory feel. You watch the old movies and just know this didn't happen. Obi Wan never met Leia. He didn't fight Vader (twice, no less), and hell, there was no indication the Inquisitors ever existed in the old movies. Vader hires bounty hunters to do his dirty work.
Old 08-06-2022, 05:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Welcome to the board!

I have only seen bits of the show but from what I have seen I liked it. I actually don't mind that Obi-Wan was planet hopping or that he met Leia. I thought the resolution of their last fight led into the Original Trilogy well. Because then when Ben Kenobi tells Luke that Vader killed his father and that Vader was seduced by the Dark Side, then it makes sense because Obi-Wan is no longer blaming himself.

I was watching a YouTube video of a married couple watching the finale and commenting, and the husband brought up a good point that it fits that Leia's message to General Kenobi was so formal because she doesn't know if R2 will fall into the wrong hands, so better to not be familiar with him. Be professional and to the point.

And then Obi-Wan would be quiet knowing her because he cannot tell Luke the truth right then and there.. Also, at the point in time (if my memory is correct) George Lucas didn't make Luke and Leia twins.

Are you talking about the comic books when Vader thinks Padmé is alive but it's really Sabé? I actually gave up on those Marvel Vader comics....I got a bit bored once Sabé left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuatorises (View Post)

But I just can't ignore that comic book, novel cartoon - some of which I like - territory feel. You watch the old movies and just know this didn't happen. Obi Wan never met Leia. He didn't fight Vader (twice, no less), and hell, there was no indication the Inquisitors ever existed in the old movies. Vader hires bounty hunters to do his dirty work.
I do agree that the Inquisitors is a new thing and while I don't mind them, I also don't see Vader using them.

Some fan art:
Quote:
“You just remind me of someone.”

Quote:
“You can only get so far without a tribe.”
Old 08-07-2022, 03:51 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehrItAll (View Post)
Welcome to the board!

I have only seen bits of the show but from what I have seen I liked it. I actually don't mind that Obi-Wan was planet hopping or that he met Leia. I thought the resolution of their last fight led into the Original Trilogy well. Because then when Ben Kenobi tells Luke that Vader killed his father and that Vader was seduced by the Dark Side, then it makes sense because Obi-Wan is no longer blaming himself.

I was watching a YouTube video of a married couple watching the finale and commenting, and the husband brought up a good point that it fits that Leia's message to General Kenobi was so formal because she doesn't know if R2 will fall into the wrong hands, so better to not be familiar with him. Be professional and to the point.

And then Obi-Wan would be quiet knowing her because he cannot tell Luke the truth right then and there.. Also, at the point in time (if my memory is correct) George Lucas didn't make Luke and Leia twins.

Are you talking about the comic books when Vader thinks Padmé is alive but it's really Sabé? I actually gave up on those Marvel Vader comics....I got a bit bored once Sabé left.

I do agree that the Inquisitors is a new thing and while I don't mind them, I also don't see Vader using them.

Some fan art:

Thanks! HOw do I find responses to my posts without having to seek them out?

I wasn't talking about a specific comic. I did read that one, I just mean that this show has a bit of an expanded universe (similar to a book or comic) feel. I might like some of the content, but don't feel in sync with the original trilogy. There's definitely contradictions.
Old 08-07-2022, 07:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
HOw do I find responses to my posts without having to seek them out?
There's in the upper left hand corner View First Unread right underneath Reply to thread.

You can also just reply without copying the whole post.

Or, if you want to just reply to one part of someone's post you can click on Reply With Quote in their post and edit out the bits you don't need.

Or like me, I'm lazy and I just copy and paste the parts I want to reply to and put it in the quote brackets

Quote:
I wasn't talking about a specific comic. I did read that one, I just mean that this show has a bit of an expanded universe (similar to a book or comic) feel. I might like some of the content, but don't feel in sync with the original trilogy. There's definitely contradictions.

Oh, yea there are contractions everywhere and all across the different stories.

With some of the new stuff, even with in The Clone Wars animated series, I loved many things and then others I just ignored. I don't count it in my "head canon."
And to me the Sequel Trilogy is a mess and so I consider it bad theatrical fan fiction.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top