Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2011, 01:51 AM
New Fan

How old is Obi Wan "Ben" Kenobi when he dies in New Hope? Answer In Earth Years Plse .

How old is Obi Wan "Ben" Kenobi when he dies in New Hope?
Answer In Earth Years if possible please

(I may have answered my own question but I need to be triple sure that I am correct and not messed up with miscalculations and misunderstandings of the Star Wars Galactic Clock & Timeline).

After typing the said question into Google , no straight forward answer was forth coming . I then had to delve into the Timelines found on the net and do some maths. Er , in his late 50's -57 earth years maybe.

I always assumed , that Ben's age was approximately the same as his actors' age i.e in his 60's , although many thought he looked good for his 80's !

I was always irked by this discrepancy in ages and was confused as to how Obi Wan could look so OLD in New Hope and yet be so young in the Phantom menace and later films !

This then put into question Luke's and Leia's ages in relation to their biological father Anakin Skywalker / Darth Vader , how long did it take to build Deathstar 1& 2 etc etc .

My other half says Alex Guinness was in his 80's when he finally left us so please clear this up for me .
Old 07-06-2011, 05:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am going to move your post to the http://www.fanforum.com/f99/star-war...45/index9.html
It will keep things organized and not crowd the board.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread