Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2017, 01:09 AM
Master Fan

Star Wars Medley (Violin Cover) - Taylor Davis - Taylor Davis

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 12-03-2017, 05:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

OH interesting thanks for that
Old 12-05-2017, 07:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh that's so pretty
Old 12-07-2017, 04:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Hope to get some trailer icons out within the week
Old 12-07-2017, 07:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Cool
Old 12-08-2017, 04:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

See what the weekend brings
Old 12-09-2017, 04:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I tried to make some animated ones but none that fit the FF limit size so I gave up
Old 12-11-2017, 06:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Need to get my butt in gear
Old 12-11-2017, 10:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 12-13-2017, 12:07 PM
New Fan

I appreciate you letting me know about this thread, Reylo!

A while ago, I edited the Star Wars prequels into a (very coherent) 1 hour 40 minute movie meant to feel more like the original films, and I’m still pretty happy with it. I’m pretty hard on myself when it comes to creative endeavors so I hope my own endorsement counts.

I went into editing not to "make the prequels better" but to condense a trilogy that's mostly unnecessary for watching the original trilogy, into a simple prelude.

This edit consists mostly of Revenge of the Sith with some Phantom Menace flashbacks, but is made to be all you need from a prelude into the original trilogy.

Obi-Wan is more of a main character, and I tweaked a lot to give him focus. This edit opens with Kenobi waking from a nightmare with the death of his former master, and being reminded of the war that followed.

It didn’t attract many views, but if you’re experiencing Last Jedi anticipation like I am, you might like this.

You can watch here or access both parts on Google Drive below.

1 - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9C...zI3bnNFTUNBWnM
2 - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9C...pYMGl2TVU/view

Some changes explained...

-my first intention was to make watching the Star Wars prequels a new experience. Alterations not explained are likely for that reason, so that the story feels less repetitive.

-the title has multiple implications as the more interesting Star Wars titles usually do. The "Demise of the Jedi" is the end of the Jedi Order, the exile of Obi-Wan, and the transformation of Anakin into Vader. This contrasts with "Return of the Jedi," the literal return of Luke as a new Jedi and the spiritual return of Anakin.

-Anakin's nightmare is more than the death of his wife. It's also the birth of Vader.

-"Torn Apart" replaces the strange ambient music when Anakin is contemplating an apprenticeship to Palpatine. The score tells a story instead of putting you in a weird mood.

-by Padme not saying Leia’s name, the identity of Luke’s twin sister is saved as a hypothetical reveal for Return of the Jedi.

-Vader and the Emperor look out from the Star Destroyer onto Mustafar. The Empire is building Vader's castle which shows up in Rogue One before they construct a space station.

-by closing with Obi-Wan hearing Qui Gon's voice again, everything comes full circle. In the beginning, he failed his master by losing him. In the end, when he is in despair over failing Anakin, his master returns. Life is returning to the galaxy. The Skywalker Saga begins.

The main changes I implemented are these: the opening and closing scenes are different. I attempted to give Revenge of the Sith a slightly different narrative, one in which Obi-Wan is reflecting on what's happened and how he failed the galaxy. We wonder, "how did Obi-Wan end up on Tatooine after the Clone Wars?" (The same question you might ask when first watching A New Hope.) And by the end, we understand the tragedy of it. But there is hope. Qui Gon's return hints at a larger restoration that will soon come to the entire galaxy.

The new opening and closing can be seen at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1TnKGJIWP8
Old 12-13-2017, 12:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Not sure if I'm gonna have new icons should go find the ones I have made for TLJ though
Old 12-14-2017, 02:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Due to possible unlikely new icons today - here are 3 batches of TLJ from earlier this year

001 | 002

The first 2 are linked to my art thread ^ the previous one - so couldn't copy and paste
STAR WARS x 06
THE LAST JEDI [promotional posters]

Old 12-15-2017, 06:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiMartyn (View Post)
I appreciate you letting me know about this thread, Reylo!

A while ago, I edited the Star Wars prequels into a (very coherent) 1 hour 40 minute movie meant to feel more like the original films, and I’m still pretty happy with it. I’m pretty hard on myself when it comes to creative endeavors so I hope my own endorsement counts.

I went into editing not to "make the prequels better" but to condense a trilogy that's mostly unnecessary for watching the original trilogy, into a simple prelude.

This edit consists mostly of Revenge of the Sith with some Phantom Menace flashbacks, but is made to be all you need from a prelude into the original trilogy.

Obi-Wan is more of a main character, and I tweaked a lot to give him focus. This edit opens with Kenobi waking from a nightmare with the death of his former master, and being reminded of the war that followed.

It didn’t attract many views, but if you’re experiencing Last Jedi anticipation like I am, you might like this.

You can watch here or access both parts on Google Drive below.

1 - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9C...zI3bnNFTUNBWnM
2 - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9C...pYMGl2TVU/view

Some changes explained...

-my first intention was to make watching the Star Wars prequels a new experience. Alterations not explained are likely for that reason, so that the story feels less repetitive.

-the title has multiple implications as the more interesting Star Wars titles usually do. The "Demise of the Jedi" is the end of the Jedi Order, the exile of Obi-Wan, and the transformation of Anakin into Vader. This contrasts with "Return of the Jedi," the literal return of Luke as a new Jedi and the spiritual return of Anakin.

-Anakin's nightmare is more than the death of his wife. It's also the birth of Vader.

-"Torn Apart" replaces the strange ambient music when Anakin is contemplating an apprenticeship to Palpatine. The score tells a story instead of putting you in a weird mood.

-by Padme not saying Leia’s name, the identity of Luke’s twin sister is saved as a hypothetical reveal for Return of the Jedi.

-Vader and the Emperor look out from the Star Destroyer onto Mustafar. The Empire is building Vader's castle which shows up in Rogue One before they construct a space station.

-by closing with Obi-Wan hearing Qui Gon's voice again, everything comes full circle. In the beginning, he failed his master by losing him. In the end, when he is in despair over failing Anakin, his master returns. Life is returning to the galaxy. The Skywalker Saga begins.

The main changes I implemented are these: the opening and closing scenes are different. I attempted to give Revenge of the Sith a slightly different narrative, one in which Obi-Wan is reflecting on what's happened and how he failed the galaxy. We wonder, "how did Obi-Wan end up on Tatooine after the Clone Wars?" (The same question you might ask when first watching A New Hope.) And by the end, we understand the tragedy of it. But there is hope. Qui Gon's return hints at a larger restoration that will soon come to the entire galaxy.

The new opening and closing can be seen at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1TnKGJIWP8
Thanks for bringing it over to this thread I'm gonna try to catch up with this on the weekend
Old 12-17-2017, 12:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Your welcome
Old 12-17-2017, 05:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend