Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2010, 07:54 PM
New Fan

The ups and downs...

Hey. I am Kikiza and this is my first, maybe only rant.

So... Lets get to it.

There are so many unnecessary sequels that Disney has made. I mean come on. Lion King 1 1/2. It had it's funny moments but they didn't put the lovely effort that the original had, 2 wasn't that bad either.
One movie that really gets me down is Little Mermaid II. It did have it's moments just as all the others, but the art was so screwy. Disney used to have beautiful hand drawn art work, every now and then you could catch a circle that wasn't fully erased. It had class. Now the fricking lines are about an inch thick and they try and make everyone thin and young. In Little Mermaid II they made Triton look like a white haired teen. In the first he had gray eyebrows and you could tell he was aged, in II he looked younger, as did Ariel.
They should stick to hand drawn stuff. I mean, it does take long, but the beauty of it is stunning.

Then, movies that would make good for sequels they do nothing for. The Incredibles was an amazing movie, high in voicing and comedy. But, they haven't made a sequel. It would have been awesome I'm sure. But no. Of course Disney did make a movie to follow up that...

Then... IT LACKS IN SORROW. One thing that made Lion King and pretty much ever old Disney movie good, is Walt knew how to add sorrow.

How many of you think that Mufasa should have lived. It used to be almost every protagonist in the older Disney flicks had a dead parent, which added to the heart of the movie. Plus the antagonists used to actually be evil. Like Ursala or Scar, or heck even Cruella De Vil was a great villain. She was all like, "Screw puppies! Get me a goddamn coat!" Now the villains are not really even evil like "Royal Pain" from sky high.

I just think Disney needs to go back to their former glory. I miss freaking Hades man! He was so awesome, he was funny and evil. I miss him so much. And Scar... Good ol' villains.

What else. Hmm. Well Sky High wasn't that bad for a newer movie. I do miss the facts I have stated.

I can't really think of any ups right now. Sorry for being so negative. Well give me your opinions! And should I do things like this more? Thankie

Kikiza out.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread