Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2006, 05:29 PM
Total Fan

Phil of the Future Appreciation Thread

TV Series 2004–2006
Summery: A family from 2121 is stuck in 2004, trying desperately to fit in.
Cast:

Raviv Ullman as Phil Diffy
Amy Bruckner as Pim Diffy
Craig Anton as Lloyd Diffy
Lise Simms as Barbara Diffy…
Aly Michalka as Keely Teslow
see full cast

Release Date: Aug 16, 2005
Summery: Phil of the Future: Gadgets and Gizmos is a 2005 Disney DVD compilation of four episodes of the classic Disney Channel Saturday morning sitcom.
Phil Diffy is a teenager from the year 2121 who accidentally traveled to 2005 with his mom, dad, and his mean little sister Pim.
Cast:

Craig Anton as Lloyd Diffy(archive footage)
David Berry as Randy(archive footage)
Jesse Bostick as Nicholas Van Der Cal(archive footage)
Orlando Brown as Andy Baxley(archive footage)
see full cast

"Of the many different lives that can be lived, which is the one that's going to inspire you?"- Naomi Barr

Last edited by livstevi21; 04-27-2022 at 04:20 AM
*antarian angel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 07:03 AM
Loyal Fan

So does anyone know when there will be new eps?
BigB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 05:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

I watched this show when it first same out then I lost interest. I just started watching again.

And sorry, I have no idea when new episodes are coming on. I'd like to know as well.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:03 PM
Total Fan

when was the last new episode??

"Of the many different lives that can be lived, which is the one that's going to inspire you?"- Naomi Barr
Old 07-02-2006, 11:03 AM
Loyal Fan

New episodes started last week friday or saturday not sure which in the U.S. I know that there is going to be a new episode this friday or saturday. I like this show. At times it sorta sucks and the acting could be better but I keep coming back for more so they must be doing something right.

I like the friendship between Phil and Kylie. I also love Pim.
Mrs.PierceMariano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 11:28 AM
New Fan

I hope that Phil & Keely get together! They make such a cute couple!
Candy__CounterFan93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:15 PM
Loyal Fan

checked epguides.com and it looks like only 3 eps left.
BigB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 09:20 PM
Addicted Fan

Ahhh, this show is such a guilty pleasure of mine. It's corny at times, funny, and I love the dynamic between Phil and Keely. It's a shame that the series ended. All the eps have already aired in the UK I believe, but they havent gotten around to showing the rest in the US.

And I found some music vids on youtube showing Phil and Keely's relationship. Warning cause there are some big spoilers for the last ep in them.

YouTube - "blind" Pheely video!!!

YouTube - "you and me" pheely video

bah, I'm such a softie for these types of things. Makes me feel warm inside. Must think of manly things now! Guns, explosions, football, kung-fu... ahh that's better.

Last edited by JediBlastoise; 07-05-2006 at 10:05 PM
JediBlastoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 09:50 PM
Total Fan

thanks for the video links!

Pim reminds me of my sister Tracy.

Old 07-23-2006, 01:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

I think that Phil and Keely would make a cute couple too!
XOPrincessSummXO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 10:06 AM
Ultimate Fan

Phil and Keely are soooo cute together!
Old 08-19-2006, 06:56 AM
Addicted Fan

They're gonna show the final episode today, but clips of it and the whole episode has already been online for many months, but ah well.
Old 08-20-2006, 10:15 AM
Part-Time Fan

I loved yesterday's episode. Phil and Keely. Although I think it could be a bit better.

I wish it wasn't the series finale though. I hope it continues
x5xgilmoregirlsx8x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 11:10 AM
Obsessed Fan

It doesn't upset me that POTF ended, but the reason why it ended.

I am sure all of you know by now, but one of the many reasons it ended is not because it wasn't doing well in the ratings, but because Disney wanted to cash-in on the rising Mischalka sisters (Aly & AJ) music career by creating a supposedly more mainstream -- How more mainstream can you get than a family friendly show on DC?! -- Show which featured both sisters together, hence Haversham Hall, which Aly has supposedly been working on since Phil wrapped up in December.

The irony is Haversham Hall was NOT picked up for the 2006-07 DC season, AND the sisters music CD debuted at #74 which is terrible.

In other words, we still may have gotten a 3rd Season of POTF if Disney wasn't so obsessed with chasing trends in order to make even more money than they already are.

This really bothers me because while I know Disney is all about money what they did with POTF is blatantly disrespectful to the fans of the show because they flat out admit in a press release they used the profits from POTF to fund Haversham Hall and some other shows. This may be standard practice at networks/studios... But the way Disney went about it with POTF basically was a giant "screw you" to the POTF fans just so they could possibly rake in even more dough than before. Grrr....
UnsilentMajorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 11:33 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnsilentMajorty (View Post)
It doesn't upset me that POTF ended, but the reason why it ended.

I am sure all of you know by now, but one of the many reasons it ended is not because it wasn't doing well in the ratings, but because Disney wanted to cash-in on the rising Mischalka sisters (Aly & AJ) music career by creating a supposedly more mainstream -- How more mainstream can you get than a family friendly show on DC?! -- Show which featured both sisters together, hence Haversham Hall, which Aly has supposedly been working on since Phil wrapped up in December.

The irony is Haversham Hall was NOT picked up for the 2006-07 DC season, AND the sisters music CD debuted at #74 which is terrible.

In other words, we still may have gotten a 3rd Season of POTF if Disney wasn't so obsessed with chasing trends in order to make even more money than they already are.

This really bothers me because while I know Disney is all about money what they did with POTF is blatantly disrespectful to the fans of the show because they flat out admit in a press release they used the profits from POTF to fund Haversham Hall and some other shows. This may be standard practice at networks/studios... But the way Disney went about it with POTF basically was a giant "screw you" to the POTF fans just so they could possibly rake in even more dough than before. Grrr....

Was that really the reason why? I thought Disney didn't start production on that Haversham show until after Phil was cancelled, and Alyson went to work on that show because her current show had ended, but I didn't know it was the reason for Phil's cancellation.