Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2014, 08:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by livstevi21 (View Post)
I'm finally going to see the theatre version of The Lion King tomorrow!
Oooooh, awesome! I'm going to see it in a year as a graduation present.

I watched both movies today - I was making a Kiara/Kovu fanvideo but ended up just watching both movies because why not?

Old 03-05-2014, 10:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh how cool, Liv!

The Lion King the musical was here in my hometown not long ago. I didn't have the money for it though I love musicals and plays.
My LJ
Old 03-06-2014, 03:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Aww. It is expensive. I paid £60 a ticket. I'm sure it will be WELL worth my money though. Can't wait, I'm going to the Matinee, so gotta get ready soon.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

How did it go?
My LJ
Old 03-07-2014, 03:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

It was AMAZING. Absolutely worth every penny. When it opened up with Circle of Life, just like in the movie, it gave me SO many feels. Like, I was holding back tears, it was so beautiful. All the puppets and models and costumes were out of this world. I had seen pictures and clips of the show in the past, and I can't believe it's taken me this long to go see it.

The cast and performers are a class act, as you'd expect from a huge show. The dialogue was pretty much word for word taken from the movie, with a few things added here and there. Two particular changes that made me laugh, in a good way, was when Zazu sang I Would Walk 500 Miles instead of 'I've Got a Lovely Bunch of Coconuts' when Scar asks him to sing something with a little bounce in it. And the other was with Timon, instead of saying "What do you want me to do, dress in drag and do the Hula?" He said "What do you want me to do, dress in drag and do....Riverdance?" I loved that, especially as there is a Riverdance joke in The Lion King 3.

One of my most favourite moments of it though was the fact that they incorporated the song He Lives in You from Lion King 2. I mean, how amazing is that? Just goes to show how awesome Lion King 2 is compared to other sequels in that era. That song really is beautiful and it works so well, particularly the moment when Mufasa came up through the stars (they did that part so beautifully, I started choking up again).

There were a few things that were added that I was thinking "they should have had this in the movie''! Particularly the added scene with Simba, Timon and Pumbaaa and the part where Scar wants Nala to be his Queen was weird at first, I admit, but it was incorporated well, and actually fleshed out the characters more. Nala's song was so serene and beautiful. Be Prepared was AMAZING. As was I Just Can't Wait to Be King. Gah, there's so much to say about how much I loved it. I'm glad I didn't know too much about the show before I went to see it, as the little changes made were a nice surprise.

I want to go see it again already.

I bought the brochure and a bag from the merchandise stand.

Last edited by livstevi21; 03-07-2014 at 05:03 AM
Old 03-08-2014, 06:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wow the costumes look so frickin cool and I really love the bag. I am glad you have a wonderful time. That is how I felt after I saw Wicked the musical. I was like "I have got to see this again"
My LJ
Old 03-09-2014, 03:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

It's one of life's musts!
Old 03-10-2014, 09:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

I will make sure to see it when it comes back to my town.
My LJ
Old 03-12-2014, 02:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

I wanna go see it again.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

My LJ
Old 03-13-2014, 02:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...