Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 03:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Young Adam #2: "Think of me when you look in the mirror with undying love"

There's some interesting discussions on the last page of the last thread if anyone is interested.

thread title is from the inscription on the mirror Joe owns.
Old 06-23-2005, 06:43 PM
Absolute Fan

I would get my comments typed up like I keep saying, but they're upstairs and I'm lazy just at the moment. Maybe tomorrow

Anyroad, I had thought that about the gravel, though. Becuase when they find Cathy in the beginning, she has kind of a mixture of dirt and what I thought looked like bruises on her upper legs. I think it may have been part of what led the police to think her boyfriend had possibly raped her.

Rach
Old 06-23-2005, 08:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I watched the movie again today.

what I don't understand is what kind of woman (Cathie) goes for a walk at the beach with a strange man she just met? She went to an area where there was no one around with him. What if he raped or tried to murder her? She wasn't too smart or careful.

BTW I will never think of custard the same way again. The custard scene was prob the most powerful in the movie. That's the most violent moment for Joe.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:06 PM
Absolute Fan

Yeah, I was wondering that about Cathie as well. I mean, seriously, I was thinking those same things because that's insane to do. I think part of it is, though, as has been mentioned, that Cathie is somewhat of a risk taker. It's like she likes playing with fire, but then goes back to being this very unassuming, average-seeming girl.

Everything builds to the custard scene- thematically, even musically... yeah, I really need to type up my comments

Rach
Old 06-23-2005, 08:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

yea, ewan is a good-looking man, but no matter how good-looking a person is, if you don't know them you should always be cautious and stay in a public area with them. maybe besides being a risk taker, cathie is also lonely so she does whatever.

there was some scenes with Joe just standing around navigating the barge and I always thought "this isn't needed. it could've been edited out" but now I realize every time he enters the dark tunnel or gets out of the dark tunnel there's always some kind of flashback coming up. the light at the end of the tunnel and darkness all symbolize the flashbacks.

i kind of felt bad for ella when her sister, gwen, and joe went out together. the look on her face when they were leaving seemed like she was worried. i mean, she couldn't have been so stupid to think joe (who she KNOWS is a man ****) and her sister (who is lonely) wouldn't do anything. maybe that's why when joe comes back and tries to get with ella she says "leave me alone, joe".

and that guy who let joe live with him. he worked at night and trusted his wife to be alone in the apartment with this man? maybe being a NYer I'm not trusting, but the people in this movie either don't want to face the truth or want to believe in the good of people.
Old 07-12-2005, 03:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Youn Adam Mood Theme

Sasha
Old 07-17-2005, 05:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Pics
no nudity

Sasha
Old 07-20-2005, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

You know what scene I like from YA? When Joe and Les are cleaning each other. Is that typical of me?

My sis wants to see YA. should I watch it with her or should I let her see it alone? I saw VG with her, but I think YA is more sexual.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Might be fun to watch it with her just to see her reaction to certain scenes.

Sasha
Old 07-21-2005, 12:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

what if I hide under a pillow? Then I can't see her reaction. I can only imagine her face when the first sex scene comes on. She'd prob fast forward it.

She said she wants to see The Pillow Book too. okay....
Old 07-21-2005, 06:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

OMG! I can't even imagine fast forwarding when a sex scene with Ewan comes on. That would just never happen.

Sasha
Old 07-22-2005, 09:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

do you watch it in slow motion?

My sis would get uncomfortable. There were certain scenes in VG she didn't want to see. Like Mr. Bale during Baby's on Fire. and there's been other movies that she's fast forwarded.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Nah. Freeze frame! j/k

That scene? Wow. That was such a sad scene for Arthur. I just wanted to give the poor kid a hug. I guess she fast forwards through Ben Stiller's memorable scene in There's Something About Mary? Heck, I do. It's Ben.

Sasha
Old 07-23-2005, 04:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

well, I think she only saw There's Something About Mary once in the theater. It's hard to fast forward there.

hehe freeze frame. I'm sure lots of people watch it like that. Like people who make caps.

I feel bad for Arthur and his parents. No one wants to walk in on their kid while that's going on. But he got to leave and find himself so I guess it was a good thing.
Old 07-23-2005, 10:40 PM
Absolute Fan

Hey, what's wrong with people who fastforward some times? There are dozens of us! DOZENS!

Rach