Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 02:02 PM
Absolute Fan

Star Wars/Obi-Wan Thread #5: Sith Lords are his speciality (SPOILERS)

General Kenobi

A beautiful excerpt from Revenge of the Sith by Matthew Stover:

Quote:
This, then, is Obi-Wan and Anakin:

They are closer than friends. Closer than brothers. Though Obi-Wan is sixteen standard years Anakin’s elder, they have become men together. Neither can imagine life without the other. The war has forged their two lives into one.

The war that has done this is not the Clone Wars; Obi-Wan and Anakin’s war began on Naboo, when Qui-Gon Jinn died at the hand of a Sith Lord. Master and Padawan and Jedi Knights together, they have fought this war for thirteen years. Their war is their life.

And their life is a weapon.

Say what you will about the wisdom of ancient Master Yoda, or the deadly skill of grim Mace Windu, the courage of Ki-Adi-Mundi, or the subtle wiles of Shaak Ti; the greatness of all these Jedi is unquestioned, but it pales next to the legend that has grown around Kenobi and Skywalker.

They stand alone.

Together, they are unstoppable. Unbeatable. They are the ultimate go-to guys of the Jedi Order. When the Good Guys absolutely, positively have to win, the call goes out.

Obi-Wan and Anakin always answer.

Whether Obi-Wan’s legendary cleverness might beat Anakin’s raw power, straight up, no rules, is the subject of schoolyard fist-fights, crèche-pool wriggle-matches, and pod-chamber stinkwars across the Republic. These struggles always end, somehow, with combatants on both sides admitting that it doesn’t matter.

Anakin and Obi-Wan would never fight each other.

They couldn’t.

They’re a team. They’re the team.

And both of them are sure they always will be.

Rach
Old 05-26-2005, 06:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

oooh sexy pic.

and i love the title quote. i like when he said that quote.

If I was Eve, I'd always call Ewan "General"

and thanks for the excerpt. It makes their fight even more sad
Old 05-26-2005, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Great thread start.

I keep hearing this on the radio.
Roadshow Issue 7 and In Style June 2005 : Hayden Christensen

Icons:

Fanvideos

Sasha
Old 05-26-2005, 10:24 PM
New Fan

First off -there's a spoiler sign in the thread title, right? So, I'm okay in saying spoilers...if not, then just stop reading right now. Or now.... Anyway... that is such a great passage! I've been trying to get my hands on the Revenge of the Sith book ever since I first saw the movie and words like are exactly why. Speaking as someone who never entirely bought the whole Ani/Ami angle (but that's another story), the rift between Anakin and Obi-Wan really seems like the biggest tragedy in the whole story. It broke my heart to see how close they were when it started, and how far they fell by the end. It tore me to pieces that Anakin's last words were of hate.

I heard that that Hayden thing might be wrong...that he's already filming stuff. But, agh, internet rumors. I can't keep straight what I've read or just thought up. :p
Old 05-26-2005, 11:43 PM
Absolute Fan

Great pic, Rach!

Quote:
Whether Obi-Wan’s legendary cleverness might beat Anakin’s raw power, straight up, no rules, is the subject of schoolyard fist-fights, crèche-pool wriggle-matches, and pod-chamber stinkwars across the Republic. These struggles always end, somehow, with combatants on both sides admitting that it doesn’t matter.

Anakin and Obi-Wan would never fight each other.
So heart-breaking. I need to read the novel!

So, I've seen the movie twice and plan on seeing it at a DLP theater on Sunday. Can't wait!

What an amazing movie! So tragic! It did a pretty good job of tying the two trilogies together.

One thing I loved about the movie was Hayden. He portrayed Anakin's conflict and suffering very well. One of his best scenes, IMO, was when Padme told him she was pregnant.

Other powerful scenes/lines:

- Anakin and Obi-Wan's goodbye when Obi-Wan was sent after Grievous.

- Anakin waiting in the Council Chamber and the connection with Padme. What I liked about it was it was so still, almost quiet. Somewhat unexpected in a movie like this, but it worked well, IMO. The calm before the storm?

- The storm troopers turning on the Jedi The music added a lot to that montage and then Yoda sensing it.

- "I failed you. I failed you, Anakin."

- "You were my brother. I loved you."

- In the beginning, when the Chancellor urged Anakin to kill Dooku and Anakin resisted. Anakin's struggle to do the right (Jedi?) thing.

- R2 knows how to defend himself! Who knew? Clever little droid.

- "Hello there" and Obi-Wan's comment about blasters. Nice ANH tie-in.

Hmmm ... there are others, but I just can't think of them right now. Can't wait to see it again and again and again ...
Love Psych and fanfic? Check out Psychfic. It has the best fan fiction I have ever read.
Old 05-27-2005, 09:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't think Hayden's quitting. Everything actors say gets twisted and turned into something completely different. I only believe things unless I *hear* for myself whatever the actor says.
Old 05-27-2005, 10:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

New thread

According to Boxofficemojo.com, ROTS has made $191,363,169 (as of May. 25, 2005) domestically and $156,418,058 overseas, total of $347,781,227.

Laura|
Old 05-27-2005, 06:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

wow that's a lot of moola. i hope it continues to do well.
Old 05-27-2005, 07:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Star Wars Ties Record for Fastest to $200M
Source: Box Office Mojo May 27, 2005

George Lucas' Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith has tied the record set by Spider-Man 2 for fastest to the $200 million mark in just eight days. The third and final prequel has amassed $200.4 million in the time frame and already $356.9 million worldwide.

"Revenge of the Sith" has climbed to the 59th spot on the all-time domestic blockbuster list in its first week and is currently at #92 on the all-time worldwide list. It is expected to move up significantly on both lists over the Memorial Day holiday weekend.

"Episode III" has also surpassed Sony's Hitch ($177.6 million) to become the biggest movie of 2005 so far in North America.

Episode III Easter Egg Hunt
Source: StarWars.com May 26, 2005

While Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith has already earned a massive $347.8 million worldwide (not counting Thursday's box office), the official "Star Wars" website has up a great new feature which talks about the Easter Eggs you may have missed while watching the film.

The list of Easter Eggs covers 'Ships Aplenty', 'Opera Cameos' and 'Battleground Bits'. There's plenty of items for you to look for on a second viewing.

Click the link above to check it out.

Icons:
#6 makes me go AWW!
9 here plus a Sawyer.
40 from the prequels.
30 from RotS and RotJ.

Sasha
Old 05-28-2005, 10:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Sasha!

Laura|
Old 05-28-2005, 08:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

those babies were so adorable. it makes it even sadder that they couldn't grow up together.

my fav icon was where obi is tied up and it says "i'm sexy" so true.
Old 05-28-2005, 08:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Sexy, indeed.

20 #9 cracked me up
27 at I will not be Jabba's bitch
12 Kinky.
19 It would be a funny blooper if Yoda said #16 on the DVD.
Variety

Sasha
Old 05-28-2005, 09:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

yoda - cursing? my ears. my ears.

i like the kinky one. ewan should always be tied up.

wow how do you find all these avs?
Old 05-28-2005, 09:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

People post them at an LJ community dedicated to icons for movies.

Sasha
Old 05-28-2005, 09:57 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.A.S.H.A.
19 It would be a funny blooper if Yoda said #16 on the DVD.
I would have died laughing

LJ
Closed Thread   Post New Thread