Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 07:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I love Peeta so much. I'm concerned for his well being.
I love Peeta too. I like how the writer didn't shy away from giving her main characters serious injuries. Peeta lost his leg.
Spoiler:

I am mostly excited for Mockingjay because my Queen is in it.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:30 PM
Elite Fan

I'm not going to read behind that spoiler cut. #sohard

I'm glad you love Peeta, though.
Old 10-03-2014, 08:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

The spoiler cut has to do with the first movie. IDK if you saw or will see the movies.
Old 10-03-2014, 09:13 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewall (View Post)
I guess there is some truth in those crazy soap opera femme fatales. Unfortunately. Good luck with that, Caris.
Now I know they're real-life inspired...It's really annoying It all started with a casual "hello, how have you been" message, but the minute she found out he's in a relationship, all hell broke loose. My bf doesn't have a facebook account, but she managed to find my fb page and she claimed I have tons of pictures kissing other guys (I've never uploaded pics like that and the only living being I'm kissing in one of my pics is my cat), and she also told him I have a history of sleeping around and she *knows* I will hurt him. I've never even seen nor met that woman in my entire life yet she claims to know everything about "girls like me"

Quote:
Ick, that girl needs to take a few chill pills and get a life.
IKR? She claims she has a boyfriend but says she will leave him if my bf is willing to take her back My bf has blocked her number but she keeps calling to his office and sending countless e-mails to his work account (they all go to the spam folder, but we have read some of them). Yesterday she called like 10 times to my bf's office number and then she worte an e-mail claiming a taxi driver mugged her and she needed my bf's help, and then proceeded to call him again! (he never answers ofc). She was mugged but the robber didn't take her cellphone, how convenient for her, right? I feel like I've encountered a new brand of crazy, I can't believe this is happening

Sorry for going OT, I can't help to rant when I think of that girl
Old 10-03-2014, 10:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

This whole board is OT. Don't worry about going OT.

Is there a way to arrest this girl for harrassment? Sending all those emails (to work, a professional atmosphere) has to be enough to lock her up, right?
Old 10-03-2014, 11:06 AM
Master Fan

Unfortunately, you can't trust our legal system to do anything about it. The cops and lawyers would probably laugh and tell my bf to "man up" because people still find hard to believe women can harrass men, too. And we already deleted the messages where she threatened to ruin his life, now she's just begging for a "last chance to say goodbye". She's changed her tune so there's no way to prove she's been stalking us for a month now *sighs*.
Old 10-03-2014, 12:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Is there some way to recover those emails? It's always a good idea to keep stuff like that.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:22 PM
Elite Fan

Wow, Caris. It makes me sad that there are crazy people like that making nice, normal girls like you miserable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
The spoiler cut has to do with the first movie. IDK if you saw or will see the movies.
Oh, I can read the spoiler then. I've seen the films.

And I'll be honest, when I read that part in the book I was sitting there thinking I'd just forgotten it from the movie.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
This whole board is OT. Don't worry about going OT.
Seriously.

Quote:
The cops and lawyers would probably laugh and tell my bf to "man up" because people still find hard to believe women can harrass men, too.
It reminds me of this current news story from Louisiana where two female teachers were arrested for having a threesome with a male, 16-year-old student. Everyone found out when the boy started bragging. If it was two male teachers, everyone would be pissed, but since it's female teachers, a lot of people (especially guys) are calling the boy a lucky bastard. A lot of guys have been referring to this South Park clip. (cheap YT version)

Quote:
“No matter what the sex of the victim is, everyone should be outraged,” said Kenner Police Chief Michael Glaser during a Wednesday press conference.
Old 10-03-2014, 07:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Oh, I can read the spoiler then. I've seen the films.

And I'll be honest, when I read that part in the book I was sitting there thinking I'd just forgotten it from the movie.

Oh no, watching the movies first totally spoils you for the books - even though they do change things.

Quote:
Everyone found out when the boy started bragging. If it was two male teachers, everyone would be pissed, but since it's female teachers, a lot of people (especially guys) are calling the boy a lucky bastard
But the women are still going to be arrested, right? They shouldn't get away with it just because there's a double standard.
Old 10-04-2014, 09:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Oh no, watching the movies first totally spoils you for the books - even though they do change things.
I don't mind it. I actually prefer watching before reading because 98% of the time the book is better and if I read first and then watch I'd be disappointed. The other 2% of the time the book is Outlander and reading first doesn't matter because the show is superior in every way.

I'll be finishing Mockingjay tonight, btw.
Old 10-05-2014, 06:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
the book is Outlander and reading first doesn't matter because the show is superior in every way.
Will you finish the whole Outlander book series since it's not so good?

Quote:
I'll be finishing Mockingjay tonight, btw.
Thoughts so far?
Old 10-05-2014, 09:38 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Will you finish the whole Outlander book series since it's not so good?
i doubt it, but I do plan to read the 2nd book and probably the 3rd (because I heard there's a sizable cliffhanger at the end of the 2nd that will make me keep reading).
Quote:
Thoughts so far?
I LOVED the entire series. Obviously, since I couldn't put it down and finished all three books in under two weeks.

Mockingjay was a bit of a downer, but it had it's moments where I liked it just as much as the previous books. I do see what you didn't like about the end, though. It's like, one minute I am reading about Katniss traipsing across the Capital in great detail. Every step, every costume detail, blah blah blah. And then
Spoiler:
and suddenly a month goes by within a paragraph and then some more time goes by and there's only a half a chapter left with all these things I want to see closure for
Spoiler:
That last one being the thing I really felt was rushed. Like, the last paragraph of the final chapter made my heart soar, but why did it have to be the last paragraph of the final chapter? I wanted more of that, I wanted to see it develop.

The epilogue was awesome, though. I made me very happy and yet, there was still the bittersweet feeling from all the destruction and devastation that came before it.
Old 10-06-2014, 08:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
i doubt it, but I do plan to read the 2nd book and probably the 3rd (because I heard there's a sizable cliffhanger at the end of the 2nd that will make me keep reading).
It'd be much easier to read Outlander if there were only 3 books in the series. Anything above 4 books is too much to catch up on (unless it's HP which had a clear ending)

Quote:
one minute I am reading about Katniss traipsing across the Capital in great detail. Every step, every costume detail, blah blah blah. And then
And
Spoiler:
is so sudden.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I really hope the movie improves on the ending. I think the book ending is realistic and I don't want the movie to make it happy, but just flush out the details.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:09 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It'd be much easier to read Outlander if there were only 3 books in the series. Anything above 4 books is too much to catch up on (unless it's HP which had a clear ending) And <b>* SPOILER *</b> is so sudden. <b>* SPOILER *</b>. <b>* SPOILER *</b> I really hope the movie improves on the ending. I think the book ending is realistic and I don't want the movie to make it happy, but just flush out the details.
I should read Harry Potter. I never have. *hides face*

The film better improve on the ending, especially since Mockingjay will be toe whole films!