Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 10-04-2003, 11:42 PM
Master Fan

May be hard to believe, but Ewan actually does make bad movies (Part Two!)

carry on [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Make Love, Not War
Stefanie
steffieweffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 11:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Last time I said that Rogue Trader wasn't great. I think I'm going to give it another chance though.

Nightwatch was okay. It had some funny moments but it wasn't Ewan's best.
Old 10-06-2003, 03:25 PM
Banned

I agree, but in some parts of Nightwacth he was so damn cute.

[img]smilies/flowers.gif[/img]Ellen
Nini Legs in the Air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 07:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

yea, I like when he walked into the morgue and had to cover his eyes. I would've done the same thing. And then when he was laughing at I think the old guy. I forgot why he was laughing but he was so cute during that scene.
Old 10-09-2003, 10:26 PM
Banned

Also when he roles in that chair, listening to music.

Old 10-10-2003, 10:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I like that scene too.
and when he's walking around & is looking into this room and starts screaming. I lol'd at some scenes. He was a cutey in it.
Old 10-10-2003, 12:52 PM
Banned

Well he's a cutey.

Old 10-13-2003, 04:41 PM
Absolute Fan

Ok, here's something someone at IMDB had noted. In the book of Eye of the Beholder, the Eye is older- in his 50s actually, I think. So the serial killer is about the age his daughter would be. That makes a little more sense as to why he feels the need to protect her. In the film, they did make some parallels between her and both his wife and daughter whom he'd lost, so it made some sense. However, the really weird thing is... I know Ewan was something like 27-28 when he made this movie, but honestly, he looks like he's about 20. Could he really have a 7 year old daughter? That's kind of disturbing [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Rach
Old 10-13-2003, 08:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Ewan seems to never age. He looks the same now then he did when he was 23. He should stop smoking though. That would prevent him from looking old in the future.
Ewan was 25 when he had Clara??? that's young.
Old 10-15-2003, 02:17 AM
Loyal Fan

Yeah, getting married and having your first kid by 25 is really pushing it along, don't you think? He wasn't even famous until Clara was at least 4 or 5 and everyone is like, "Oh Ewan...We love you! What? You're married and have a kid?" [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I think Ewan's worst film...good, there's so many...I mean, he wasn't bad in them, just everyone else around him was. I know The Pillow Book completely freaked me out. I remember when I first saw it, I came on here and went mental, that was years ago though. *shudders* Never want to see that again!
Old 10-15-2003, 10:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I know. when I first saw him is Star Wars Ep I I thought he was cute. Then after Moulin Rouge when I found out #1 how old he was and #2 that he had a wife and 2 kids I was so disappointed. anyway....

you know what got me really annoyed? I was on the imdb message board and someone mentioned what happens to Ewan in TPB. I haven't seen it yet but would like to one day and now I know what happens to him. The person should've warned for spoilers [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2003, 05:48 PM
Absolute Fan

I hate being spoiled [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Ewan had Clara?! This is news to me [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

He definitely doesn't look much older now than he did back then, and back then he didn't look as old as he actually was [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] When I tell people that he is married and has two kids, one of whom is 8,9? .... they never believe me [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Rach
Old 10-16-2003, 08:09 AM
Loyal Fan

It's really weird, I just can't see him as a dad. I know I've seen him with his kids and his wife and he looks happy and stuff, to me he just doesn't look like the dad type. Sometimes he does, but I don't know...he's choices in roles, etc. I think its cool how he got married so young and had kids, I think thats really good to sorta put your career on hold for family. He's so nice. God, I love that man.
Old 10-16-2003, 11:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by VerbalKint:
Ewan had Clara?! This is news to me [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
okay, Eve had Clara.

I can't picture him as a dad either. I bet he makes a terrific father but the fact that I don't see him in his everyday life and don't see how he interacts with his family makes me unable to believe he has kids and a wife. I think being married definitely keeps him grounded and how he doesn't live in Hollywood.

Sometimes I wonder how different he would be if he didn't have a wife or kids.
Old 10-16-2003, 09:13 PM
Absolute Fan

[img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I think his family is a very good thing for him. I imagine that would really help keep someone grounded.

I also think the kind of roles he plays makes it hard sometimes to think of him as a family guy. But I think it's cool that he can care so much about his family but still not be afraid to be himself and do what he likes to do, and is great at.

Rach