Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2019, 03:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Stupid NYers

article with the creator about the finale...
https://www.etonline.com/elementary-...-cancer-130590

I thought this part was interesting:

Quote:
Did you try to get Natalie Dormer back for one last appearance as Moriarty?

As a staff, we talked about it very briefly at the beginning of the season and ultimately, the concern was we would be telling a last story about three people and not two. Nothing is more important, at the end of the day, than Sherlock and Joan's relationship and yet Moriarty carries so much history that in a weird way, it felt like she would distract from the ending Sherlock and Joan really deserve.
I get what he means. In the beginning I was disappointed she didn't appear, but now I've been thinking about it and I liked that the finale was sort of quiet and focused on Joan/Sherlock's relationship rather than some kind of flamboyant case or their relationships with guest stars.
Maybe we can get a movie someday that has her in it?

I cried when Sherlock told Joan he was staying.
Old 08-18-2019, 03:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I cried when Sherlock told Joan he was staying.
The hurt look on his face when he asked her if she really was going to let him leave without telling him was touching. You'll like these gifs.

This final scene was sweet when he said: As long as we’re together, what does it matter?
Old 08-18-2019, 04:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

I cried when he hugged her. It was a nice send off. Better then the way they would have ended it last year.

I do wish they they got Natalie and had a few episodes with her before the finale.
Old 08-19-2019, 07:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Do you think it'll be weird to add Elementary gifs to the OP even though this is supposed to be a Flatmate thread?

Quote:
The hurt look on his face when he asked her if she really was going to let him leave without telling him was touching. You'll like these gifs.
The acting was soooooooo good in the scene. I would be shocked if anyone didn't cry at it.

Quote:
This final scene was sweet when he said: As long as we’re together, what does it matter?
I was getting really annoyed with people on tumblr when they said they interpreted that line to be the start of a romantic relationship. Pfft. Where have they been the last 7 seasons? They are awesome platonic partners.

Quote:
I cried when he hugged her. It was a nice send off. Better then the way they would have ended it last year.
And it was the only time he initiated a hug.

Last year's finale being the actual finale would've pissed me off. Too many things were left up in the air.

Quote:
I do wish they they got Natalie and had a few episodes with her before the finale.
If we got a s8 she could've been in all of s8 .
Old 08-19-2019, 12:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Do you think it'll be weird to add Elementary gifs to the OP even though this is supposed to be a Flatmate thread?
Not at all. Add away.
Old 08-19-2019, 01:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I guess I could throw in gifs from Ewan and Jude projects. Do an OP revamp so there's no longer Photobucket watermarks.
Old 08-19-2019, 07:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
(Palpatine voice) Do it.

Quote:
I was getting really annoyed with people on tumblr when they said they interpreted that line to be the start of a romantic relationship. Pfft. Where have they been the last 7 seasons? They are awesome platonic partners.
Not watching Elementary. Clearly.

Quote:
And it was the only time he initiated a hug.
You're right!

I had not noticed that.
Old 08-20-2019, 08:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

the 3 times joan hugged sherlock and the 1 (and final) time he hugged her back

x
Old 08-20-2019, 04:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Great gifs.
Old 08-20-2019, 06:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

and from last season...

We’re partners.

x
Old 08-20-2019, 08:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

BFFs!
Old 08-21-2019, 07:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Maybe someday I'll re-watch The Pilot.
Old 08-21-2019, 09:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

I downloaded all of the seasons last year and have kept all of this season so I can rewatch it one day soon.
Old 08-22-2019, 07:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I remember seeing the Pilot at SDCC the one and only time I went. I can't believe that was 7 years ago.
Old 08-22-2019, 08:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Time flies...