Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 08:00 PM
Elite Fan

You do need to go back. Those pics are amazing! Sign me up for a trip to Alaska.

Those dogs in that one pic are gorgeous. Huskies, I presume?

What amazes me is that you said these pics are from 2006 and you and Steph look almost exactly the same back then as you do now. Basically, what I'm wondering is, are you ladies vampires? Or have you discovered the fountain of youth? Because I think you need to share!
Old 09-19-2013, 09:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
You do need to go back. Those pics are amazing! Sign me up for a trip to Alaska.
My mom was talking about going back in 2015 and leaving from Seattle. I'd like to go back 2x more and leave from both Seattle and Vancouver.

Quote:

Those dogs in that one pic are gorgeous. Huskies, I presume?
I believe they are huskies. I actually want to go sledding while the huskies pull it. That sounds like fun.

Quote:

What amazes me is that you said these pics are from 2006 and you and Steph look almost exactly the same back then as you do now. Basically, what I'm wondering is, are you ladies vampires? Or have you discovered the fountain of youth? Because I think you need to share!
We are vampires. Our paleness gives it away.
I think the one difference I see is that my face was fatter back then.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:51 AM
Elite Fan

Wow, those photos are stunning Vic!

You and Steph really do look the same then and now!

Julie's Art Thread
Julie icon by me
Old 09-19-2013, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks .

I hope another 7/8 years can pass and I don't change.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:21 PM
Elite Fan

That could well happen! I'm sure it will.

It's funny - when I was very young I always wanted to look older, especially when buying booze. However, when I got much older I became glad, and that I still get told I look younger than I am.

Julie's Art Thread
Julie icon by me
Old 09-19-2013, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I think that happens a lot of times.

I can't remember ever wanting to look older. But then I really wasn't a person who was underage and wanted to buy alcohol or cigarettes.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:27 PM
Elite Fan

I never wanted to look older, but I didn't think I was attractive when I was young. Mostly because I was a tom boy and my face was rounder (most people's faces are round when they're young-- it's called baby fat and it's a sign of youth!) I grew out of it and was mostly pleased with how I turned out. Now I just don't want to go in the opposite direction.
Old 09-20-2013, 03:02 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
I can't remember ever wanting to look older. But then I really wasn't a person who was underage and wanted to buy alcohol or cigarettes.
I never bought booze when I was underage. The legal age to drink here is 18, but whenever I bought booze I was asked if I was 18, up until I was 30!

I'm sure you'll stay youthful and gorgeous, Rach, Vic and Steph.

Julie's Art Thread
Julie icon by me

Last edited by fluffybunny; 09-20-2013 at 06:15 AM
Old 09-20-2013, 09:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewall (View Post)
I never wanted to look older, but I didn't think I was attractive when I was young. Mostly because I was a tom boy and my face was rounder (most people's faces are round when they're young-- it's called baby fat and it's a sign of youth!) I grew out of it and was mostly pleased with how I turned out. Now I just don't want to go in the opposite direction.
Now I want to see pictures of you as an itty bitty.

Julie - that is the best feeling (getting carded).

Quote:
I'm sure you'll stay youthful and gorgeous, Rach, Vic and Steph
thanks
Old 09-20-2013, 09:29 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Julie - that is the best feeling (getting carded).
Yes, I guess I have to have something going for me, so I've learnt to cherish it!

Julie's Art Thread
Julie icon by me

Last edited by fluffybunny; 09-20-2013 at 10:25 AM
Old 09-20-2013, 11:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

at some point you have your card ready to go for when they ask.
Old 09-20-2013, 11:16 AM
Elite Fan

I've never had an identity card. They came out well after I was 30. I remember when I went to clubs, they didn't care how old you were (you needed to be 18). I knew a 14-year-old girl who always got in! It was too dark to see in those clubs, although we mostly went on Saturday afternoons, and the bouncer didn't even look half the time! I never tried to buy an alcoholic drink from the bar though - my boyf at the time got me them.

Julie's Art Thread
Julie icon by me
Old 09-20-2013, 04:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It makes my jaw drops that identity cards didn't exist forever. What about drivers licenses?
Old 09-20-2013, 05:19 PM
Elite Fan

Think about this, Vic. When our parents were young they had drivers' licenses without pictures on them! I know this because one of my uncles got a driver's license in his older brother's name.

It's crazy to think photo ID is a recent development. And it's not mandatory, so there are people who live without any kind of photographic identification. Sounds impossible, but it's not.

Quote:
Now I want to see pictures of you as an itty bitty.
There are a few on FB. Not from the really awkward years, though.
Old 09-21-2013, 06:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I sounds so dangerous to not have photo ID. And wouldn't an ID without a photo not be accepted some places?

I need to go check out these photos.