Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2017, 11:56 AM
Moderator Manager

The Defenders Episode Discussion {1x03} - Worst Behavior

Episode Three - "Worst Behavior"

[previous episode] | [next episode]

Basic Reminders:
▸ Be respectful of other posters.
▸ Discussions are encouraged, but let's keep things civil.
▸ No character/actor bashing, including producers, writers, directors, etc.
▸ Any talk of illegal downloading should not be brought up here.
▸ Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Last edited by Si_Crazy; 08-19-2017 at 03:27 PM
Old 08-19-2017, 01:22 AM
Moderator Manager

THIS EP!!!! We find out how Elektra was resurrected. Alexandra did it and took her in and helped her train. Seriously, this fight sequence with Elodie was sooooo good. We also learn that Alexandra has died before so yep, she's definitely with The Hand.

Luke tells Claire someone with a glowing fist punched him. And finally Claire introduces the 2 to each other. So yeah, Danny & Colleen meet the bf. Luke & Danny do not hit it off. Luke isn't familiar with the Hand and Danny is. Danny decides to fight alone.

Jessica is still investigating that man from the 1st episode on her own after Matt tells her not to because it's dangerous. Matt is onto her though as he tries to follow her around through her foot steps.

One of my favorite scenes: the Luke & Danny conversation. Luke telling Danny about his white privilege and that Cole (who is black) is the one who is in jail and not Danny was an OMG moment for me. Just this entire conversation was unforgettable for me.

The 4 characters get their first connection: Midland Circle. The Hand's fake corporate facade spear headed by Alexandra. Danny & Colleen found out about it after going back to Rand Enterprises to ask. Luke found out about it after going to Cole's house to talk to his mom. Jessica found out about her lead to the company by going to the place where the man she's investigating works for. As for Matt, she tailed Jessica and followed her to the company.

Another best part of this episode: the hallway fight we see in the trailer! That was so awesome! Jessica & Luke were so surprised to see each other! And Matt found out it was Elektra attacking them in the end via her heart beat. He wasn't sure but then Danny came in to stop her.

That's enough for me & I'll watch more tomorrow. So far, I'm loving the show.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 08-22-2017, 06:21 AM
Moderator Manager

finally got some time to write about the episode
I love that in the beginning we got to see how Elektra came back and the whole training thing She rocks in the action scenes. Also an explanation as to why she doesn't remember anything and is working for the Hand.

I LOVE the dynamic between Matt/Jessica. The scene where he is following her and then she noticed that and starts to follow him forcing him to escape was awesome! I like that she was shown as a great detective in addiction to her having powers.

Claire connecting the dots and introducing Luke to Danny and Colleen was amazing And both she and Colleen were like the adults in the situation while Danny and Luke seemed to be acting like little kids I did like that Luke wasn't buying anything of the explanation, but as soon as Danny mentioned that his parents had died Luke started to pay attention. That was very thoughtful of him. The best part of the episode was Luke telling him about his white privilege and Danny finally realizing how true that was and taking the fight on another venue.
And in the Rand Enterprises, it was nice to have an explanation as to why Ward wasn't there being on a business trip, but it would've been awesome if he had had a small guest appearance

Best friendship ever has got to be Claire/Colleen!! I love whenever they share scenes.

I like the writing as to how they all got into that Midland Circle building on their own methods. That fight scene, the whole thing from the moment Danny starts to fight alone to Luke being the first one to arrive to help was AWESOME! I think Danny's fighting scene here was a lot better than in IF and now his fist powers last longer and can be used more times
Anyways, I LOVE the combo of him and Luke fighting together because they have so different styles but it worked, specially how as soon as bullets began flying Danny took cover behind Luke right away
And Matt stealing Jessica's scarf will never stop being funny
Having the four of them fighting in the hallway was epic! Even seeing parts of it from the trailers, I love that each show has had at least one hallway fight
Matt fighting Elektra was so intense and then he realizing it was her I like that Danny was the one that saved him with his Iron Fist, it was a good first interaction between them.
Old 08-22-2017, 06:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oi. Luke is being mean to my Danny
Old 08-22-2017, 06:32 AM
Moderator Manager

But Danny's story is very hard to accept at first, sounds like a fairtale gone wrong
Old 08-22-2017, 07:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I know
And Luke was right. But he was being mean.

okay, can I just say, I love Luke's voice
I could listen to him reading me a story

Since I never liked Ward in the slightest, I was just happy he was out on a business trip

I really loved the Elektra backstory part and the hallway fight!
Old 08-22-2017, 09:00 PM
Moderator Manager

^ He was being real with Danny... but that could be what makes respect grow out of that relationship

You're not alone there, friend!! His voice is smooth and sexy Love it too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
THIS EP!!!! We find out how Elektra was resurrected. Alexandra did it and took her in and helped her train. Seriously, this fight sequence with Elodie was sooooo good. We also learn that Alexandra has died before so yep, she's definitely with The Hand.

Luke tells Claire someone with a glowing fist punched him. And finally Claire introduces the 2 to each other. So yeah, Danny & Colleen meet the bf. Luke & Danny do not hit it off. Luke isn't familiar with the Hand and Danny is. Danny decides to fight alone.

Jessica is still investigating that man from the 1st episode on her own after Matt tells her not to because it's dangerous. Matt is onto her though as he tries to follow her around through her foot steps.

One of my favorite scenes: the Luke & Danny conversation. Luke telling Danny about his white privilege and that Cole (who is black) is the one who is in jail and not Danny was an OMG moment for me. Just this entire conversation was unforgettable for me.

The 4 characters get their first connection: Midland something Financial. The Hand's fake corporate facade spear headed by Alexandra. Danny & Colleen found out about it after going back to Rand Enterprises to ask. Luke found out about it after going to Cole's house to talk to his mom. Jessica found out about her lead to the company by going to the place where the man she's investigating works for. As for Matt, she tailed Jessica and followed her to the company.

Another best part of this episode: the hallway fight we see in the trailer! That was so awesome! Jessica & Luke were so surprised to see each other! And Matt found out it was Elektra attacking them in the end via her heart beat. He wasn't sure but then Danny came in to stop her.

That's enough for me & I'll watch more tomorrow. So far, I'm loving the show.
Elodie fighting is AMAZING!! I could watch a whole episode seeing her fighting

I LOVE the conversation that Danny/Luke had, it felt right that Luke would be the one point out those things to him

They all have Hallway fights I LOVE that!
Old 08-23-2017, 02:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think Si is liking them hallway fights
Old 08-23-2017, 11:48 AM
Moderator Manager

^ I definitely am The small space with those fighting moves look great
Old 08-23-2017, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It really does!
Old 08-24-2017, 01:37 AM
Moderator Manager

That's true. Danny's story is very hard to accept. Without Matt, it's very hard to prove. Luke is also more into the street-level kind of world so meeting Danny for him is crazy. Like seriously, what's with the glowing hand?

I can't remember if Claire explained to Luke how he met Danny & Colleen or was it already implied that she explained it to him?

Old 08-24-2017, 02:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

But how about Luke's voice Lindsay?
#importanttopics
Old 08-24-2017, 01:39 PM
Moderator Manager

I can understand Luke having a harder time believing that than the others, his powers came from a medical experience, so the whole concept of magical stuffs, and other super powers is a bit hard to grasp.
Jessica had her encounter with Killgrave, and Matt has dealt with the Hand before (not to mention seeing Elektra resurrected), so Luke's sarcasm is probably exactly how I would react to hearing that story

I think it was implied that she explain to him, since he knew she had gone to China with them... and she probably told him in her letters about training with Colleen to learn how to defend herself.

Luke's voice is the BEST!!!
Old 08-26-2017, 12:27 AM
Moderator Manager

Paula, of course Luke's voice. Damn.

I really do love that it was Luke & Danny who bonded on this one. It's like brotherly relationship for them.

Old 08-26-2017, 04:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I really enjoyed seeing the dynamic between those two

And I have no clue whatsoever about the comics, but I really hope we'll get more of them