Old 10-20-2019, 01:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

[Episode Discussion] 5x3 - "Blurred Lines" Oct 20th 2019

Season 5, Episode 3
"Blurred Lines"
Episode Discussion
original air date, Sunday Oct 20th 2019

Quote:
Kara tries to mend her relationship with Lena; J'onn J'onzz takes a deep dive into his memories; Kelly tries to help an old friend.
Basic Rules:
○ Be Respectful of other posters.
○ Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.
○ No Character/Actor Bashing.
○ Everything is a spoiler until it has aired.
○ Any talk of Illegal Downloading should not be brought up here. Live Streams & such can be discussed through PM's.
○ Most importantly, HAVE FUN!
karamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 03:48 AM
Total Fan

- Lena is manipulating Kara’s good will and doing the very thing that she said she wanted to “erase” from other humans.

Also, Q-Waves can be used for mind control? Didn’t we already have this story with Myriad in season 1?

It has not gone unnoticed that Obsidian has already been using the Q-wave technology, and Malefic has that power naturally...

- Speaking of Q-waves: How did Lex get access to them? I mean… I have a theory - if anyone has read the comics, Brainiacs and Luthors really like working together. I’m thinking one of Brainy’s evil relatives might have something to do with this.

- J’onn: Why are the Martians all in human form?
Me: Because the CG Martian budget was used up de-aging M’yrnn

- Well, it looks like Nia can’t deal with Brainy being himself. That’s a big problem. Let’s not even go into the fact she’s never once said she loved him, despite how many times he’s said it to her.

Knowing this show, they’ll kiss and make up in a few episodes, but I really just want both characters to move on with their own stories. This relationship sub-plot is bogging them down.

- Brainy is trying to break an encryption that shouldn’t exist for another 1,000 years, just like the Q-Waves shouldn’t exist until later on in the future…. SO WHY ISN’T BRAINY WORRIED ABOUT FUTURE TECH EXISTING BEFORE IT’S SUPPOSED TO?

There are definitely time travel shenanigans going on here.

Last edited by Elektra; 10-21-2019 at 08:46 AM
Elektra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 05:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
Lena is manipulating Kara’s good will and doing the very thing that she said she wanted to “erase” from other humans.
I hated that part so much. I realize Kara wants to make it up to Lena but she shouldn't have agreed to steal for Lena.

Quote:
Also, Q-Waves can be used for mind control? Didn’t we already have this story with Myriad in season 1?
Season one apparently is not canon anymore. New network, season one never happened.

Quote:
J’onn: Why are the Martians all in human form?
Me: Because the CG Martian budget was used up de-aging M’yrnn

Quote:
Well, it looks like Nia can’t deal with Brainy being himself. That’s a big problem. Let’s not even go into the fact she’s never once said she loved him, despite how many times he’s said it to her.
This is part of why I have a love-hate relationship with the CW and certain shows. A couple gets together, the next season, they're broken up. I like Nia and Brainy but I feel like the writers want them to break-up.
obisgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 08:33 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by obisgirl (View Post)
This is part of why I have a love-hate relationship with the CW and certain shows. A couple gets together, the next season, they're broken up. I like Nia and Brainy but I feel like the writers want them to break-up.
What bugs me is -- if the show wants this relationship to work, why is Nia telling Brainy to be "vulnerable" when she's not being vulnerable herself and not even telling him she loves him? Did the writers just forget that a relationship is a two-way street?

The "issues" in the relationship can't be all on Brainy to be the vulnerable one, to be the one that says "I love you" all the time, to be one that has to "change" for her.

If that's the way it's going to be, just break them up. Let Brainy be with his comic canon true love, Kara -- who seems to "get" him more than Nia does right now.
Old 11-14-2019, 04:27 PM
I am a basketball genius!

So, you didn't mind the poetry he told her? Lena sure loves to lie & she told some big ones in this episode. She lied about having nightmares about Lex & that the only cure would be to read his journal. Also, so Supergirl doesn't like secrets if I remember correctly, but J'onn & Nia are keeping 1 if I saw that right maybe he told Kara about what happened with his brother.
canflam is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread