Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2017, 02:48 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter (View Post)
To anyone saying that they could do this storyline without invoking the Nazi Party, Hitler, and the Holocaust, they actually couldn't, because this is based on an actual comic book story that uses all of those things.
Interesting. Do you happen to know which comic it was based on? Because I didn't know that. I'd guess it was based on Crisis on Infinite Earths, but don't know for sure.

Yesterday I was watching the conclusion to ''Crisis on Earth X'' & I noticed when Nazis tell women or maybe it was just this once, but they told 2 of them to ''Stop'' or ''Freeze'' while pointing guns at them & instead had those guns taken away almost instantly by the ladies. After seeing that happen it was harder for me to take those Nazis seriously & not surprisingly none of the Superheroes died if I recall. Also what was up the Nazis speaking English instead of German? It seems like Nazis would speak more German than English to me realistically.

Finally if I remember correctly Alex said that she still wants to get ''get back to Maggie.'' I'm guessing it's the same Maggie that told her she doesn't want kids, unless it's a different 1 & just likes dating people named ''Maggie''. I thought she was getting passed Maggie though.

Weddings aren't my cup of tea, so didn't enjoy seeing these happen as much as others would, but if they can make they last then good for them

Last edited by canflam; 11-29-2017 at 02:57 PM
canflam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 06:41 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
Yesterday I was watching the conclusion to ''Crisis on Earth X'' & I noticed when Nazis tell women or maybe it was just this once, but they told 2 of them to ''Stop'' or ''Freeze'' while pointing guns at them & instead had those guns taken away almost instantly by the ladies. After seeing that happen it was harder for me to take those Nazis seriously & not surprisingly none of the Superheroes died if I recall. Also what was up the Nazis speaking English instead of German? It seems like Nazis would speak more German than English to me realistically.
Yah, when I saw the two weakest characters (physically, that is) beat up one nazi SS guard after another, the threat of their invasion seemed to disappear. As someone who has studied nazi germany at length, I can safely assure that two five foot-five office gals were not taking out hitler's elite schutzstaffel guard so easily.

Unless of course, people on Earth X were naturally weaker, which given how quickly dark arrow dispensed with Mick, killer frost and the others from team arrow (think it was them, I don't watch that show or LoT) that doesn't appear to be the case.

That said, this leads me to one of my disappointments of the Crossover, which was a different twist on a similar problem with the crossover last year, which had to do with our favorite heroine.

Last year she was simply absent because of the scheduling conflict between the shows, this year she was present - but anything but super. She spent practically the entire second half of the crossover in a bed, helpless - given she is by far the most powerful of the heroes this was another letdown.

I get that she is so, so powerful she makes it difficult to write for from a creative standpoint given that the other heroes are basically vulnerable humans and she is practically invulnerable, but I think this was the second year where Berlanti Prodn's took a detour and marginalized the most popular of the characters.

The storyline gave no indication that the Earth Xers were even aware of kryptonite's existence - another plot flaw since what else could have kept SG in handcuffs? - so what was she doing lying in bed for the last 2 episodes?

It seems the writers took the lazy way out by taking her off the radar as a threat to the Earth X attackers, and didn't even offer a rational/plausible explanation of how they were able to subdue her.

Now before anyone jumps on me about robot metallo shooting kryptonite rays, how would they have green kryptonite if their SG was vulnerable to it - but was vulnerable to yellow sun rays of Earth X? Can't have it both ways, so where were the head writers when this was brain-stormed?
kryptonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 09:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Not much to say here...it was a really good episode.
Minus Mehcad only being used as James on Earth X to get killed off.
Supergil just never changes eh?
Wingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 09:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Not much to say here...it was a really good episode.
Minus Mehcad only being used as James on Earth X to get killed off.
Supergirl just never changes eh?

And during the nail salon scene...Alex wasn't there but...where was she? She literally has never met another person on that Earth so who was she with?
Chilling with Joe and Barry?
Wingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 10:52 PM
Passionate Fan

I just have to de-lurk a little bit, since there's a few comments of people questioning stuff that I thought was explained okayish in the episode.

Quote:
After seeing that happen it was harder for me to take those Nazis seriously & not surprisingly none of the Superheroes died if I recall.
Martin Stein, one half of Firestorm, was killed by the Nazis. He was one of the few characters I liked on Legends, and it really sucked to see him killed off.

Quote:
The storyline gave no indication that the Earth Xers were even aware of kryptonite's existence - another plot flaw since what else could have kept SG in handcuffs? - so what was she doing lying in bed for the last 2 episodes?
I didn't really see any reason why they wouldn't be aware of kryptonite. Seems like they would know about it, even without the exposition of them mentioning it. Evil Oliver and Evil Kara were basically the people in charge on Earth X and I can see them completely being aware, and eliminating or controlling any krytponite, except for what they needed for Metallo (who may have specifically been built for their Earth 1 invasion to get to Kara as they seemed to know all about her and everyone else).

What didn't make sense was Earth 1 Oliver having access to kryptonite. Or even knowing about it. I can't fanwank a single excuse to make that plausible.

Quote:
It seems the writers took the lazy way out by taking her off the radar as a threat to the Earth X attackers, and didn't even offer a rational/plausible explanation of how they were able to subdue her.
They did explain how they subdued her though. They had her under a simulated red sun. A red sun makes her lose her powers and "human," and in some interpretations it will make them (Kara/Clark) sick. They kept her under the red sun to weaken her to do the heart transplant. Of course whether you buy that Earth X had the technology to simulate a red sun is it's own thing. I bought it though.

Quote:
Now before anyone jumps on me about robot metallo shooting kryptonite rays, how would they have green kryptonite if their SG was vulnerable to it - but was vulnerable to yellow sun rays of Earth X? Can't have it both ways, so where were the head writers when this was brain-stormed?
This is another one of those the writers tried to come up with a reason and explanation, but it may or may not have worked in a believable fashion for viewers. Evil Kara was likely vulnerable to green kryptonite, but she over exposed herself to the yellow sun. They didn't say why she over exposed herself, but I assumed it was in an attempt to make herself stronger, it just didn't work. An excess of anything can be deadly. I mean people need water to survive, but if people drink too much water they can get really sick and potentially die. So her getting too much yellow sun exposure and that becoming fatal to her was something I could buy into.

Generally I really liked the crossover. It was much, much better than last years IMO. Mostly the formatting was a big improvement. There were a few things I had to scratch my head at and/or roll my eyes at, but overall it was fun and entertaining. Which is all I can ask for. I would really love for them to do a crossover on Kara's earth though. I think it's time.
Old 11-29-2017, 11:56 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearllers (View Post)
I didn't really see any reason why they wouldn't be aware of kryptonite. Seems like they would know about it, even without the exposition of them mentioning it. Evil Oliver and Evil Kara were basically the people in charge on Earth X and I can see them completely being aware, and eliminating or controlling any krytponite, except for what they needed for Metallo (who may have specifically been built for their Earth 1 invasion to get to Kara as they seemed to know all about her and everyone else).
Overgirl had a different bio makeup than SG, as she was damaged by too much yellow sunlight, so kryptonite probably did not even exist in their universe. Assuming that's the case, since the DEO/Superman destroyed all of the kryptonie on earth 2, how could they have gotten their hands on any? It made the green kryptonite metallo not make any sense.

Quote:
What didn't make sense was Earth 1 Oliver having access to kryptonite. Or even knowing about it. I can't fanwank a single excuse to make that plausible.
Agreed, this was a further complication/screwup on top of the above.

Quote:
They did explain how they subdued her though. They had her under a simulated red sun.
That was AFTER they captured her, and she was in handcuffs in the warehouse with the others - and nothing in her collar or handcuffs showed green kryptonite.

Quote:
A red sun makes her lose her powers and "human," and in some interpretations it will make them (Kara/Clark) sick. They kept her under the red sun to weaken her to do the heart transplant. Of course whether you buy that Earth X had the technology to simulate a red sun is it's own thing. I bought it though.
As a reader of SG comics going back to the 1950s, I'm pretty much aware of that.

Quote:
Evil Kara was likely vulnerable to green kryptonite, but she over exposed herself to the yellow sun. They didn't say why she over exposed herself, but I assumed it was in an attempt to make herself stronger, it just didn't work.
This is my point; Overgirl was made differently than SG and should have had a different chemical response. If OG was susceptible to damage by a yellow sun, then green kryptonite should not have had an effect on her.
Old 12-02-2017, 08:22 PM
New Fan

I re-watched the episodes and caught an error/oversight; Harrison said there were 53 earths and 53 Karas - so where was the Kara from earth 1 (Barry's earth), and why does Kara's earth (earth #2) not have a Barry or any of the other Flash-verse characters?
Old 12-03-2017, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Old 12-06-2018, 09:28 AM
Elite Fan

Kara’s reaction to Alex and Sara is priceless.
Old 12-06-2018, 01:31 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptonian (View Post)
I re-watched the episodes and caught an error/oversight; Harrison said there were 53 earths and 53 Karas - so where was the Kara from earth 1 (Barry's earth), and why does Kara's earth (earth #2) not have a Barry or any of the other Flash-verse characters?

Good question, but I don't know that there needs to be 53 Barry's or 53 Kara's for that matter.
canflam is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread