Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2016, 07:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

She seems like the good apple of the bunch!
a fine mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 07:39 AM
Elite Fan

This episode had a lot more lighter moments. Mon-El and Winn brotping. Kara hanging up on her mom.

Very refreshing change.
Old 11-03-2016, 02:50 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Yeah. I just watched this episode earlier today as I was out on Halloween & finally made time to see it & the final fight scene was lame to me. I kinda was hoping that the writers would've had that underground fight club I guess it's called similar to the 1990's movie titled ''Fight Club''. In that case though the people were not suppose to talk about the club, so Kara would've never even found about those aliens fighting which she did & got beat up as a result, which does remind about Supergirl's comics that I've mostly just read of hers ones from her New 52 series, but she doesn't up to the volume I've read even have a ''earthly'' sister so to speak. That makes it harder to believe for me that with all of Kara's superpowers she needs someone else to continually save her life in some instances. On the bright side at least she has someone to do that for her.
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 07:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I actually kind of like that Kara needs Alex to save her every so often. It shows that she's not as bulletproof as she likes to think, which says a lot for someone that is quite literally bulletproof.

Leigh Tumblr
BlondieLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Onwards,Rocky!
Awesome Nerds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 01:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Onwards ...and upwards.

Ten minute mark.

- Ohh, so that's how Mon-el ended up in a Kryptonian spacecraft. I kind of like that he was a guard to Daxam's royal family. Don't ask me why.
- He can bench-press 750 lbs? Hot! Consider me a total stan of Mon-el. He's got the snark of Kai but the soldier mentality of Jake. I'm just going to enjoy his presence for as long as he's around.
- I'm kind of wary of M'gann's relationship with J'onn. I guess I have to wait and see what happens there.
- Whoa, who were the combat-trained, scary dudes in the van who took that alien? What could they possibly want with him?

Last edited by rocky845; 12-07-2016 at 02:04 PM
rocky845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 01:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'll assume those were his other characters in those other shows or..?
Old 12-07-2016, 02:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ That is correct. He played Kai on The Vampire Diaries and Jake on Containment. Kai was snarky but a really bad guy, and Jake was a good guy but the situation he was in didn't allow him the opportunity to be playful that often. Mixing my favorite parts of both characters together equals Mon-el, who is one awesome character.

Fifteen minute mark.

- Aw, no one can be happy with grumpy space dad walking around. I loved that he talked to Alex and Kara about M'gann. He shared his grump and they gave him advice. I really love this dynamic so much!
- Mon-el being all serious and knowing that Kara talking to the hologram of Alura made her feel less alone...then him turning around and calling Alura a babe -- can you see now why I adore him? I do wonder why Kara thought it wouldn't be a good idea for her to accompany Mon-el outside the DEO. Talk about a missed opportunity for me to enjoy more of their.........banter.
Old 12-07-2016, 03:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Grumpy space dad and his girls, oh the love!

Oh alien puppy the miscommunication
Old 12-07-2016, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ It's not his fault. He's hanging around Winn, who has certainly taught him some Earth vocabulary. He thought commenting on Alura's babeness was perfectly alright. I want more miscommunication. I can't wait to hear the next thing that comes out of his mouth.

Twenty-five minute mark.

- Alien fight club? Okay, that's a scary thought. Ohh, so that's why M'gann didn't want to take to bond with J'onn. She didn't want him to find out about this part of her life.
- Mon-el 'convincing' Winn that they should leave the DEO, plus the bro bonding that they did -- loved it!
Old 12-07-2016, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh the secrets...
Old 12-07-2016, 06:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Secrets are never good.

Thirty minute mark.

- Now how is Kara going to shut down Roulette's operation? There is a group of National City citizens who are anti-alien. Those people love to watch aliens beating and/or killing each other, and they love betting on the fights. That kind of feeling can only be shut down for a little while before it pops up again.
- "You look like crap." "Thank you. I saw the mirror this morning."
- I loved that Kara told Mon-el the story about her unintentionally hurting her prom date and explaining that it will take some time to get used to the powers that he has on Earth and living among the people of National City. I loved that they kind of bonded over their less-than-perfect parents. Gah, the more moments they share with one another, the more I see their similarities and the more I want to see more of their dynamic. Uh-oh. If they keep having moments like this, then I'm going to start shipping them. I also loved that Mon-el gave Kara the tip about Draaga's leg.
Old 12-07-2016, 09:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Alex and Winn, continuing being awesome
Old 12-08-2016, 12:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I'm so happy that Alex and Winn are sharing scenes.

Thirty-five minute mark.

- Aw, J'onn apologized to M'gann...only to have her send him into Roulette's clutches. She's going to pit them against each other! NOOOOO!
- A fight to the death! I didn't know how they were going to get out of that mess. I was so glad that J'onn managed to reach M'gann, and that she told Roulette that she wasn't going to kill J'onn.

I have one more post to submit...which I will post tomorrow morning before I get to 2x05. See you then! =)

Old 12-08-2016, 05:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh my dear Martians...
Reply   Post New Thread