Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2014, 05:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

[QUOTE=Lostcandy;77090692]How far do you think these two will get tonight?

Maybe first base.

New! Benedict Cumberbatch Forum

~Sherry | avi by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 07-21-2014, 06:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutesse (View Post)

Maybe first base.

Big Jim would be happy.

New Sneak Peeks

Do you think Sam is behind the explosion?

Last edited by Lostcandy; 07-22-2014 at 08:06 PM
Old 07-23-2014, 04:03 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostcandy (View Post)
Do you think Sam is behind the explosion?
Either him or Lyle. Sam because he's trying to take out Melanie for one & he's now probably pissed at Julia for shutting him down. Face it dude - you're no Barbie.

Lyle because he's waiting for the Rapture & is trying to hurry it along.

Here's a nice pic of Julia - wonder who she's smiling at?? Would love it to be Barbie but think this is before he rescues her yet again.

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Old 07-23-2014, 04:26 PM
Elite Fan

I wish it was Barbie. It is hard to tell where she is at in the picture.
Old 07-23-2014, 06:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

They're going to hit us with a little more angst before letting us have our way. But at least they are talking in the sneak peek, so obviously something good happens, hopefully a conversation. In the promo Barbie is talking to julia and I'm pretty sure she's wearing a black shirt, so maybe that smile is for Barbie. I'm thinking it's for Sam though. Ugh, more angst.

I think the explosion is Phil putting his backing behind Jim. I also think he lets Jim and Rebecca out if jail.
Old 07-23-2014, 07:13 PM
Absolute Fan

^ Julia's relationship with Sam has no impact whatsoever on her relationship with Barbie; she's 'on the outs' with Barbie right now because of moral absolutism, not because she's developing a partnership with Sam.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 07-23-2014, 08:31 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter (View Post)
^ Julia's relationship with Sam has no impact whatsoever on her relationship with Barbie; she's 'on the outs' with Barbie right now because of moral absolutism, not because she's developing a partnership with Sam.
Yes, I know. I was simply commenting about the sneak peek, pic, and promo and what could potentially be occurring. I am the forum Ace Speculator after all.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkStars (View Post)
Yes, I know. I was simply commenting about the sneak peek, pic, and promo and what could potentially be occurring. I am the forum Ace Speculator after all.
That you are, PS!

I don't think it can be said that Julia's relationship with Sam isn't having an impact on her relationship with Barbie. It's obvious to me that Barbie is being very much affected by it.

Old 07-23-2014, 09:21 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
The way you worded your comment made it sound as if you were accusing the writers of using Sam as an impediment to Julia and Barbie's relationship when that's not what's happening at all.... hence my objection.

Quote:
I don't think it can be said that Julia's relationship with Sam isn't having an impact on her relationship with Barbie. It's obvious to me that Barbie is being very much affected by it.
I really don't see how, given that the reason he's on the outs with her has nothing at all to do with Sam.
Old 07-24-2014, 12:08 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter (View Post)

I really don't see how, given that the reason he's on the outs with her has nothing at all to do with Sam.
You are right. The reason they are fighting does not have to do with Sam. However, Julia is listening to Sam. She is trusting Sam, and relying on him. I think if she didn't have Sam as a semi-crutch, she would be more open to actually hearing Barbie out instead of jumping to conclusions and escalating a situation that should've been a small bump at the most.
Old 07-24-2014, 12:47 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I think if she didn't have Sam as a semi-crutch, she would be more open to actually hearing Barbie out instead of jumping to conclusions and escalating a situation that should've been a small bump at the most.
Not based on the root cause of the tension between them, which, as noted, has to do with Barbie trying to hold the 'middle ground' with regards to Jim after the man saved his life, which is what started their whole ideological split in the first place and was only exacerbated by him not supporting her in her outrage when they found out about the 'census' being designed as a precursor to mass murder.

Julia has found a new ally in Sam, but the tension between her and Barbie would exist even if Sam hadn't come around.
Old 07-24-2014, 06:37 AM
Dedicated Fan

Just watched the new extended promo...didn't see much difference, but when Barbie is talking to julia, she's wearing the gray and black shirt, not the black one from above. So, it'll be interesting to see the timeline in this episode. I would think the explosion would be more towards the end. I am pretty sure Sam is the real killer, even though we've discussed the possibility of him being a red herring. He's gonna kill his nephew likely because he's one of the four hands, so I wouldn't put anything past him. Creepy...stay away from the monarch.
Old 07-24-2014, 06:49 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Just watched the new extended promo...didn't see much difference, but when Barbie is talking to julia, she's wearing the gray and black shirt, not the black one from above. So, it'll be interesting to see the timeline in this episode. I would think the explosion would be more towards the end. I am pretty sure Sam is the real killer, even though we've discussed the possibility of him being a red herring. He's gonna kill his nephew likely because he's one of the four hands, so I wouldn't put anything past him. Creepy...stay away from the monarch.
What if he saw a picture of Julia in Pauline's book and knew she was some important figure to this dome. Then he figures he would have to get her trust before he offs her. Creepy, very creepy.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
You are right. The reason they are fighting does not have to do with Sam. However, Julia is listening to Sam. She is trusting Sam, and relying on him. I think if she didn't have Sam as a semi-crutch, she would be more open to actually hearing Barbie out instead of jumping to conclusions and escalating a situation that should've been a small bump at the most.
Well said, Candice .. the part I bolded is how Barbie is being impacted by the relationship with Sam. No, Sam isn't the reason they're fighting; but he gives her an ally in opposition to Barbie.
And I can't imagine she'd have slammed the door in Barbie's face if Sam hadn't been inside with her.

IMO, if we're talking about a relationship, we have to be concerned with the POV of, and the effect on, both parties to the relationship, not just one of them.

Old 07-24-2014, 10:01 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Well said, Candice .. the part I bolded is how Barbie is being impacted by the relationship with Sam. No, Sam isn't the reason they're fighting; but he gives her an ally in opposition to Barbie.
And I can't imagine she'd have slammed the door in Barbie's face if Sam hadn't been inside with her.

IMO, if we're talking about a relationship, we have to be concerned with the POV of, and the effect on, both parties to the relationship, not just one of them.
Go read the news and media section for the excerpts from TV Guide. New information has come to light.