Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2019, 11:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

4x08 - "Super Bad Boyfriend" Episode Discussion Thread

Lucifer 4x08 "Super Bad Boyfriend" Episode Discussion Thread

Premiered May 8th on Netflix.
Written by Jason Ning

Lucifer and Chloe investigate a teacher's murder; Lucifer goes to extremes to convince Eve to dump him; Amenadiel mentors a teen.

Important Rules:
* Some of you may not like everything about an episode or about the season that is ok but please try to be constructive when criticizing something. Please keep things civil!
* Do not bash the actors or the characters.
* Respect each other's ships.
* Respect each other.

Old 05-14-2019, 12:38 PM
Dedicated Fan

Amenadiel asking people at Lux about their fathers was frickin' hilarious.
Him helping the kid and the conclusion of that was epicly moving. I really felt for him.

Eve and Lucifer finally breaking up was hard to watch cos, as much as they were enabling each other to further and further indulgences, they did sort of.make each other happy. Just not in a healthy way.

Lucifer finally realising that he doesn't like that both Eve and Chloe saw him in a different light was a breakthrough and I think Tom Ellis acted it perfectly. Eve wanted him to go back to how he was and sees him wholely as the Devil. Chloe wants him to go forward and sees him as a good man. Lucifer doesn't see himself as either and doesn't like it.
Kat_d86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 10:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Bad husband Lucifer and later on Eve joining him

Loved Eve helping Maze date

I was not expecting this show to go...there, it was heartbreaking and jarring to see Amenadiel be discriminated by those two cops I wasn't expecting it, it was a dose of reality that took me by surprise but was very well done imo. His whole story with the kid was so touching and the end I loved him and Lucifer teaming up to kick some butt.

Tom's acting was brilliant during both his break up scene with Eve and telling Chloe that he doesn't like the way she sees him either.
Old 06-27-2019, 04:58 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_d86 (View Post)
Amenadiel asking people at Lux about their fathers was frickin' hilarious.
Him helping the kid and the conclusion of that was epicly moving. I really felt for him.

Eve and Lucifer finally breaking up was hard to watch cos, as much as they were enabling each other to further and further indulgences, they did sort of.make each other happy. Just not in a healthy way.

Lucifer finally realising that he doesn't like that both Eve and Chloe saw him in a different light was a breakthrough and I think Tom Ellis acted it perfectly. Eve wanted him to go back to how he was and sees him wholely as the Devil. Chloe wants him to go forward and sees him as a good man. Lucifer doesn't see himself as either and doesn't like it.
Lucifer only barely realizes how much he's changed. He thinks Chloë's version of him is a lie, as he still thinks his core is a monstrous one. Throughout he says, "my true self", as if the good in him is fake, he got pretty close in season 3 to thinking maybe he did change but the return of his devil face only confirmed to him he would always be a monster. Finally he realizes that he has changed, but thinks it's so small compared to how Chloë sees him he still can't be with her.

I hope in the next season he will see while in Hell just how much he has changed. Since the Hell is one in which you remain "until you think you don't deserve to be punished anymore" (his own words), I am hoping that will lead him out and be able to realize he does deserve to be happy with Chloë.

The entire "break up" conversation at the beginning hinges on his belief in himself as a monster - that that is "who he is". He sees no good or very little good in himself, and that's been ground into him for who knows how long. But I think his return to Hell will lead him to reject it for good.
Lucifan422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 01:26 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucifan422 (View Post)
Lucifer only barely realizes how much he's changed. He thinks Chloë's version of him is a lie, as he still thinks his core is a monstrous one. Throughout he says, "my true self", as if the good in him is fake, he got pretty close in season 3 to thinking maybe he did change but the return of his devil face only confirmed to him he would always be a monster. Finally he realizes that he has changed, but thinks it's so small compared to how Chloë sees him he still can't be with her.

I hope in the next season he will see while in Hell just how much he has changed. Since the Hell is one in which you remain "until you think you don't deserve to be punished anymore" (his own words), I am hoping that will lead him out and be able to realize he does deserve to be happy with Chloë.

The entire "break up" conversation at the beginning hinges on his belief in himself as a monster - that that is "who he is". He sees no good or very little good in himself, and that's been ground into him for who knows how long. But I think his return to Hell will lead him to reject it for good.
Very well put
Old 07-17-2019, 02:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

This episode was both absolutely hilarious, with Lucifer trying so hard to be a bad boyfriend to Eve, but it backfires and Eve just joins in with everything to the moving and absolutely heartbreaking story with Amenadiel and the troubled yet good teen he was trying to help, learning how to be a father. The fact that the kid gets killed at the end is absolutely soul destroying.
Old 07-18-2019, 10:21 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by livstevi21 (View Post)
Amenadiel and the troubled yet good teen he was trying to help, learning how to be a father. The fact that the kid gets killed at the end is absolutely soul destroying.
Yes, heartbreaking.

Pretty sure being given a piece of the flaming sword by an arch angel counts as a free pass into heaven though
Old 07-19-2019, 12:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Oh yeah, that kid is in heaven with Charlotte for sure.
Old 04-20-2020, 01:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I need to watch Season 4 again!
TomsEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread